how would igor vovchanchyn do today?

IGOR vs Derrick would be pshychotic.

Igor vs Volkov would be something, the height difference. Yeah Igor puts him away.

He loses to those 3 at the top, he would suck against any jds version. He wasnt that good at lhw wont even entertain it.

He’d be 18-3 with 14 KOs

I heard he’s pretty good at ping pong too

Yeah, he'd make it to the top 5, but I don't see him staying there. DC, Stipe, Blaydes, Ngannou and JDS all beat him. Though Igor definitely has a chance of cracking JDS and Blaydes.

I dont think he would be the greatest by any means. I just think that HW has evolved very little from a skills stand point. In fact, the overall skill level at HW is arguably lower now than during his prime.

He knocked out a lot of mofos. If he were in the midst of his prime now, he may not be a champ. But would be Sherdogs fav HW for sure.

Hed get some wins but also get a lot of losses and get cut sooner than later.

Hed be like a slightly worse mark hunt I think. Able to get some hype and somewhat big wins but never thought of as even close to champ material

Ahhhh.................. that is tough. He lost to top guys that were in a new age. I am one to say that the advancement of mma is a bit of bullshit. Not a lot has changed in the last 10 years. But Igor was fighting back 30 years ago. Still, he was something like 50 - 10 at mostly heavyweight. And he ain't big. He had some sub skills. He had a chin. He had heart. And he had iron hands.
Maybe if he was born in this generation and he fought at 205 or under, he would be pretty damn good.

IGOR vs Derrick would be pshychotic.

Igor vs Volkov would be something, the height difference. Yeah Igor puts him away.

He loses to those 3 at the top, he would suck against any jds version. He wasnt that good at lhw wont even entertain it.
By the time he hit lhw he already was having major problems with his hands broken so many times.

Probably pretty good.

There is a roided up lhw who can't box his way out of a wet paper bag that's been champ for years.

And managed to ko the current hw champ.

hmmm...yeah...probably 5'8-9

don't think we'll ever know for sure but this is igor compared to a 5'11 to 6' Fedor who's leaning over

fedor-igor.jpg

I think he'd do about the same as he did back then.

He could beat guys like black beast, dos Santos, and maybe even ngannou, but the best guys would still beat him. Stipe and DC.

I think he could crack the top 10 easily but never make the top 3.

Or he would get taken down and submitted.

everyone of your posts in this thread is hater shit and wrong lol. Kerr WAS A LIST and so was SAKU. you are comparing him to modern day fighters. Hes not that, Igor was a monster..IF he was in todays MMA he would probably do like everyone else and cut weight. MW igor would have packed some serious power.

So many posts full of hypothetical hate. So he fought some monsters in his advanced mma age (he fought giants with out gloves for YEARS) in an mma organization that didn't drug tests while being under sized...losses happen. you cant just toss him into this era as he was lol. If babe ruth was around in 2019 you can be sure he wouldnt look like he did back in his day.. things have changed.

Compare him to other legends of his time. He would do so much better than almost everyone from his era and thats not even debatable. Hes a legend.

look at what Mark Hunt accomplished,

he was picking Werdum apart on like 10 days notice, a cunt hair away from the belt
Hunt also cut from over 300 lbs and had no time at all to acclimate to the Mexico City elevation.

Back