how would igor vovchanchyn do today?

Hw has evolved the least skill wise. It's still all about power punching and the balls to throw em.

Igor had both. would be career top 5 hw in the UFC present day imo
Or he would get taken down and submitted.

Or get koed by jds hunt and the reem

People thought kerr would never lose back then,but really his biggest win is enson. Not exactly the stuff legends are made of.
Perhaps Gurgel or Duarte...tough 2 assess tbh...

Or he would get taken down and submitted.

Not a long list of current UFC Hw's employing a grapple heavy arsenol.

Off hand , Blaydes and.....and......and

Help a sherbro out, who else?

Not a long list of current UFC Hw's employing a grapple heavy arsenol.

Off hand , Blaydes and.....and......and

Help a sherbro out, who else?
Werdum when he comes back,stipe,dc

igor got kicked so hard by crocop, he was vomiting for 8 hours in a hospital with a concussion afterward.

You guys cant handle that shit. Ben Askren gets knee KO’d(not to toot crocops horn but he had a disgusting knee tko stoppage on fujita, when fujita attempted a shot) by Masvidal and thats all we see on the forums for 3 days. “Askren is done” “Askren is gonna be eating liquids” even though he went to a dinner party that same night and did a podcast on Monday.. are you guys just retarded or is this like your first knee ko visual? Understandable if its the latter and I do apologize

dude was 5'7 and had the balls to fight Ernesto Hoost in k-1

honestly don't know what division he'd be in nowadays, but i think people would be surprised as to what he could accomplish

look at what Mark Hunt accomplished,

he was picking Werdum apart on like 10 days notice, a cunt hair away from the belt

Champion, he'd merk mediocre fighters like Stipe and N'Gannou would be a pushover for him.

Probably decent against all but the top 3-4 with striking. Not too hot in takedown defense and submissions.

Probably Hunt-like with lots of cool KO highlights.

He was quite pudgy. If he fought with that body in today's MMA climate, he would probably get destroyed because he'd be under-sized and out-muscled. If Igor cut a lot of weight like most fighters today and fought at 185, then he'd probably be a Top 15 fighter.

Jarl

There aren't 'pudgy" fighters at HW/LHW now???

<puh-lease75>

I love watching him,but whenever he fought an A-lister,he lost.
Are you trying to tell me The Polar Bear Paul Varelans isnt an A-List fighter?

...his style is Trap Fighting

...Trap Fighting, bro

529993.jpg
Was just waiting for this lol

Hw has evolved the least skill wise. It's still all about power punching and the balls to throw em.

Igor had both. would be career top 5 hw in the UFC present day imo
Yeah, he'd make it to the top 5, but I don't see him staying there. DC, Stipe, Blaydes, Ngannou and JDS all beat him. Though Igor definitely has a chance of cracking JDS and Blaydes.

You're comparing someone's skill set who hit their peak around the late 90's early 2000's. With modern medicine, training facilities, techniques who knows. Even with his old ability, anyone who wanted to trade with him could get clipped, he has much faster hand speed and combos than the vast majority of heavyweights even today.

Back