How would have Gus vs gegard played out

i was by no means a fanboy but i definitely was excited about Mousasi in the last 6 years and excited that he came to the UFC.

but we have to be honest (the difference between a fan and a fanboy) - since ~2010 he's been hurt constantly, has had multiple surgeries, and no big wins. 2010 was a long time ago. and hell, the heart of his best run (2006-2008) was a long, long time ago.

so i'll gladly be patient and see what happens with him. i hope he comes back and proves he's great. i'm afraid he won't, and the haters will take that to mean he was never nuthin more than a can.

but hell, ya can't win with haters, so shrug.

What haters?

AFAIK, there are 3 attitudes fans can have w/ respect to Mousasi:

Fanboy

Think he's a good fighter, but not a fanboy

Who's Mousasi?

That's it. Everyone who knows who he is thinks he's legit. But you're right. He's been out of action for a while and the last time he was really on fire he was a) admitting his wrestling sucks and he needs to fill the holes in his game and b) young and healthy back then.

So now we got an older, inactive Mousasi and we still don't know if he made the improvements he himself admitted he needed to make.

Hopefully he comes back better than ever but it looks like there's a good chance he ends up the same way as the other guys who announced their plans to win titles at HW and LHW... Not good.

Back