How would GGG and Canelo do in the golden era of MWs?

Benn and especially Jackson were pretty flawed fighters. Why you'd think they're locks to destroy Canelo is beyond me. Golovkin is one of the bigger punchers of this era and Canelo hardly "bottled up" against him, so I have no idea where you get that from.
People keep telling me how limited Jackson was, and I just don't see it. Can you please enlighten me on some of these technical flaws. One of his main flaws was his overconfidence in his power, and that's what got him in trouble against mccallum.

Benn and especially Jackson were pretty flawed fighters. Why you'd think they're locks to destroy Canelo is beyond me. Golovkin is one of the bigger punchers of this era and Canelo hardly "bottled up" against him, so I have no idea where you get that from.
The reason it think they are locks against Canelo is you just don't walk down guys with that much firepower. Think ggg first time around, but both fighters have more reach and one shot power.

Canelo is overrated to the extreme, would get murdered by Jackson or benn. Not sure why you'll love him so much? He has a low output, bottles up against big punchers and is highly overrated as a puncher. About the only thing he really has going is his body work and counters. The reality is that he doesn't belong in the same sentence as half these guys.
No matter how many times you say “Canelo bottes up against big punchers” it wont stop being completely fucking stupid and untrue.

First time around he bottled up terribly. Second fight was an excellent performance and won some respect from me. He also bottled up against Jacobs and kovalev. If he hadn't got the ko against kovalev he would have been out pointed by a guy that wouldn't even commit to real punches.
Holy shit lol.

No matter how many times you say “Canelo bottes up against big punchers” it wont stop being completely fucking stupid and untrue.
Please post punch stats against ggg1, kovalev and Jacobs. What a tremendous output, if that isn't bottling up, what do you call it.

Holy shit lol.
I have tryed to watch the kovalev fight several times, but I just can't do it, looked like a guy that doesn't want to throw a punch facing a guy that doesn't what to get punched. The fact that you rate these clowns over Marciano cracks me up. Marciano would actually make lightheavy, next thing you will be saying Canelo would beat Marciano...

Please post punch stats against ggg1, kovalev and Jacobs. What a tremendous output, if that isn't bottling up, what do you call it.
The fact is he out punched all 3 of them.

I have tryed to watch the kovalev fight several times, but I just can't do it, looked like a guy that doesn't want to throw a punch facing a guy that doesn't what to get punched. The fact that you rate these clowns over Marciano cracks me up. Marciano would actually make lightheavy, next thing you will be saying Canelo would beat Marciano...
Im well aware you havent watched any of the fights you are commenting on.

People keep telling me how limited Jackson was, and I just don't see it. Can you please enlighten me on some of these technical flaws. One of his main flaws was his overconfidence in his power, and that's what got him in trouble against mccallum.

He was a decent boxer-puncher with a bit of lax defense and average durability. He wouldn't have been at the top level without his massive punch. That's fine because a lot of guys wouldn't be at the top level without a specific attribute, but he'd lose to a lot of guys if he couldn't find that massive KO punch. Against a very good defensive fighter with an excellent chin like Canelo, I think he'd be in trouble (still very dangerous, though). He could be definitely be outboxed, as we saw where he was getting beaten around the ring against Herol Graham before KOing him unexpectedly.

The reason it think they are locks against Canelo is you just don't walk down guys with that much firepower. Think ggg first time around, but both fighters have more reach and one shot power.

Neither Benn nor Jackson were master-boxers who outboxed guys from range. I don't really see much reason to think they'd outbox Canelo. Both were good and very dangerous fighters, so I definitely wouldn't see Canelo as a lock, but I really don't see how anyone could call them locks against Canelo.

He was a decent boxer-puncher with a bit of lax defense and average durability. He wouldn't have been at the top level without his massive punch. That's fine because a lot of guys wouldn't be at the top level without a specific attribute, but he'd lose to a lot of guys if he couldn't find that massive KO punch. Against a very good defensive fighter with an excellent chin like Canelo, I think he'd be in trouble (still very dangerous, though). He could be definitely be outboxed, as we saw where he was getting beaten around the ring against Herol Graham before KOing him unexpectedly.
Graham was a lot slicker than Canelo. Canelo would be walking straight into that right. And rating a fighter down because they rely on firepower doesn't make a lot of sense. I could say Canelo would be average if he wasn't so durable.

Graham was a lot slicker than Canelo. Canelo would be walking straight into that right. And rating a fighter down because they rely on firepower doesn't make a lot of sense. I could say Canelo would be average if he wasn't so durable.

I'm saying he might have some issues because he's unlikely to outbox pretty much anyone who could be described as elite, Canelo included. If he has to rely on flooring Canelo several times or stopping him, I don't like his chances all that much (not that he couldn't do it, considering his power, I just don't think it's likely). Graham did some things better than Canelo (that'd be a very interesting fight), but he wasn't better defensively and he definitely wasn't more durable.

Neither Benn nor Jackson were master-boxers who outboxed guys from range. I don't really see much reason to think they'd outbox Canelo. Both were good and very dangerous fighters, so I definitely wouldn't see Canelo as a lock, but I really don't see how anyone could call them locks against Canelo.
Mainly because they would blast his arse right out of the water. He countered well enough in the first ggg fight, to keep him honest but in reality he spent most of the fight running and was extremely lucky to get the decision.

Agree with this Canelo would prob beat him. You described JJ perfectly basically his massive punch compensated for all his flaws. I still believe against GGG he would prob prevail.

On another note I think Herol Graham could possibly have won an extremely boring negative pts victory over Canelo. Never liked watching Graham but he was awkward as fuck to fight against.

Agree with this Canelo would prob beat him. You described JJ perfectly basically his massive punch compensated for all his flaws. I still believe against GGG he would prob prevail.

Jackson would be better (possibly quite a bit better) than anyone Golovkin has fought, save Canelo and possibly Jacobs (Jackson proved a fair bit more than Jacobs has, of course). I'd probably still favour Golovkin because he'd have the superior jab, stamina and durability, but Golovkin was always hittable and Jackson has some of the best power in the sport's history. Durability might be the big difference here, though. Golovkin has the clear advantage in that area.

On another note I think Herol Graham could possibly have won an extremely boring negative pts victory over Canelo. Never liked watching Graham but he was awkward as fuck to fight against.

Definitely not impossible, especially considering Lara's success. Graham had a much better punch than Lara to keep Canelo honest, as well.

Fair comment but as you say Golovkin is very hittable and you cannot let Jackson hit you too many times. Eventually he buries him.

Definitely not impossible, especially considering Lara's success. Graham had a much better punch than Lara to keep Canelo honest, as well.

True. I remember when Jackson smoked him, watching with my entirely British mates. We all cheered. Graham was incredibly annoying imo.

Back