How would George Foreman fare in today’s HW era?

The average weight for a top 10 HW today is 250 lbs. In the 1970's, it was 200 lbs. You can literally verify it with a calculator.

So they are both way taller and way heavier. Does that qualify as "bigger" for you?

Why can't it be both?

You really think HWs are NOT bigger nowadays than in the past? Are you blind?

The average height for a top 10 HW today is 6'4". In the 1970's, it was 6'0". You can literally verify it with a calculator.
they are taller but most of them lie about his height like ortiz and use HGH

The average weight for a top 10 HW today is 250 lbs. In the 1970's, it was 200 lbs. You can literally verify it with a calculator.

So they are both way taller and way heavier. Does that qualify as "bigger" for you?
fatter* look at dillian whyte he is ok for today's standard but in reality is a fat piece of crap

Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Foster, Liston, Louis, Frazier, Bonavena, Chuvalo all well over 200lbs.

Got more if youd like them.

Its really not too far off on average. Just a couple giants today (fury) skewing the average a bit.

You do realize the top HW today who looks like a slob was busted for steroids, right? You do realize two top 10 HWs were busted for PEDs more than once, right?
this era is the shittiest of all time , back then they used to fight 15 rounds, more cardio. Now they only focus n lift weights

Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Foster, Liston, Louis, Frazier, Bonavena, Chuvalo all well over 200lbs.

Foster wasn't 200 pounds... 190 max at heavyweight and spent most of his career at light heavyweight.

At 44 years old? And lost a decision? Tommy Morrison would beat the shit out of most of todays HWs also.

Apparently Foreman and Morrison are small guys now?

Foreman was a big dude dont get me wrong, but the elite at hw nowadays are much bigger. Look at how long Klitschko was at the top. He wasn't the fasted or most skilled boxer, it was his size and reach combined with his power that set him apart. Like most every guy Wlad fought, Foreman would have a hard time hitting him.

Foreman was a big dude dont get me wrong, but the elite at hw nowadays are much bigger. Look at how long Klitschko was at the top. He wasn't the fasted or most skilled boxer, it was his size and reach combined with his power that set him apart. Like most every guy Wlad fought, Foreman would have a hard time hitting him.
Wlad fought a lot of lack luster competition and Foreman would knock Wlads head into the third row within 4 rounds. Hes got about 2” height and thats about it.

Foreman would knock Wlads head into the third row within 4 rounds. Hes got about
Foster wasn't 200 pounds... 190 max at heavyweight and spent most of his career at light heavyweight.
You could call him 175 and the average of that group is still well above the claim of 200lbs average lol.

Foreman would knock Wlads head into the third row within 4 rounds. Hes got about

You could call him 175 and the average of that group is still well above the claim of 200lbs average lol.

That's not the point. You stated he was well above 200 pounds, which is wrong. He was Kovalev's size.

That's not the point. You stated he was well above 200 pounds, which is wrong. He was Kovalev's size.
If you cut off about 4” from his legs yes. Weight is probably pretty close.

Got more if youd like them.

Its really not too far off on average. Just a couple giants today (fury) skewing the average a bit.

yeah I think it does skew it

I think you can say the same for Joshua and wilder as well. They are much bigger than most of their opponents nowadays and it shows the huge advantage that size/length can play, as long as you can utilise it. Wlad and fury are both fantastic at using their size to its full advantage. Bullying guys up close and keeping them out of range! It’s why I’d favour wlad over quite a few guys that I’d have higher in the in a p4p list

Beats all of them in the first or second round. Kills a few incidentally.

Comeback George? Lol, no.
He was getting smacked around by second tier contenders like Pierre Coetzer (maybe even 3rd tier?), arguably defeated by Axel Schulz,... Doctors were concerned about his health due to the huge amount of punches he took.

Saw that Schulz fight live on TV. Turned me down from boxing for the first time in my life.
What a bad result that was.
90s Foreman wasnt great.

You do realize the top HW today who looks like a slob was busted for steroids, right? You do realize two top 10 HWs were busted for PEDs more than once, right?
as the late great nate said, everyones on steroids

Late 80s comeback foreman was a very dangerous guy and gave prime holyfield all he could handle. He may have hit even harder than he did in the 70s.

Foreman had underrated skills. He was very adept at using a parry/hand fighting style early on and later was able to adapt the crab defense.

Yes, eventually foreman had to change from the crab defense vs moorer because it was exploited by holyfield and morrison

However I don't see anyone today who would be able to use it against him like they did. Especially an 88'89 foreman. I think Joshua might have a shot to combo while foreman covers up and avoid being timed but I think George eventually clips him. Fury has the best chance here because George can't counter him and fury is quick enough to avoid him.

Young foreman struggles more but should be able to get the job done.

Wilder gets murked by either George.

Ruiz I think is an interesting fight for old 90s George

Back