How would Frank Mir did if he fought Cain?

I find it funny when people say Mir has no heart and gives up..

The man is so criminally underrated...you know he has only lost 3 of his last 10?

And those 3 losses were to JDS, Shane Carwin and Brock Lesnar.....and all of which were title fights.

I don't know how Mir would have done against such a scrappy fighter like Cain. His BJJ is on another level, but how will he get the fight there?

I think Cain would definitely beat Mir, but Mir could pull of a upset. I think Mir is underrated, but the smart bet is to pick Cain by TKO.

EDIT: Somebody please ban this Nissan Kick guy.

Yeah, Mir really has excellent subs but I think Cain will keep the fight standing more coz he clearly has the more diversed striking. I agree too in banning this Nissan Kick guy. Why is he even doing that here?

Gassed and then...

WhichOneIsJDS_zps0c9e4acf.jpg

Are you going to post this in every thread? It's not even relevant here.

Mur is the epitome of no heart. He just gave up so many times. Cain would have destroyed him.

Think you need to watch Mir/Nog II.

His first fight with Lesnar too.

Apparently, Mir was nowhere to be found on this forum lately. Remember when they're supposed to fight in May? With Mir's ground game and jiu-jitsu, how do you think he would do if he ever got the chance to fight Cain (if ever for the title). Do you think he's a more intriguing match up than Werdum or Overeem?

Your thoughts?

Cain by TKO and it's not even close. Mir has nothing for him 8given that Velasquez woudn't follow him on the ground).

Mir just can't compete with the top 5. He's folds too easily when things really start to go wrong for him and when he gets hit he goes back to his bread and butter (jiu jitsu) which lands him in even more trouble.

All respect to Mir, as much as I like him, he cant stand with Cain, JDS fighters of this calibre

I think that the fight would be more competitive than what people think, but I would still go with Cain. Cain would use his wrestling defensively and keep the fight standing. I really don't think that he would follow Mir to the ground. Mir would probably sub him as Cain isn't overwhelming large like Lesnar. On the feet, Mir has a chance, but Cain is quicker. Although not as good of a striker as JDS, Mir would probably do a bit better since he wouldn't be concerned about defending the takedown as much and could just focus on striking. STILL, Cain would find a way to win. Werdum would be a worse match up for Cain that Mir.

Cain, for Mir is much worse a match up than JDS was. Cain has cardio that Mir couldn't dream off, his striking is much better, his wrestling is incomparable.
The only time I see Mir winning is if Cain takes him down on instinct and Mir snaps on a submission.

Mir doesn't dedicate himself enough to compete at the highest level anymore

I think Cain would just beat him up standing and avoid the ground but stylisically I don't think this fight is as one sided as people say it is.

If Mir fought Cain, Mir would be wishing for some more tender cuddles from Lesnar again or maybe a nice light sparring session with JDS, just like the last time.

he sure as fuck wouldn't be striking with Cain

He did with Kongo, albeit shortly, and won.

But, one difference would be that JDS got back up. Mir most likely wouldn't have. Once Mir get's rocked, things don't last much longer unfortunately. I think he could be the best heavyweight if only his chin were better.

He did with Kongo, albeit shortly, and won.

But, one difference would be that JDS got back up. Mir most likely wouldn't have. Once Mir get's rocked, things don't last much longer unfortunately. I think he could be the best heavyweight if only his chin were better.

yeah, I agree...he's my favourite all time UFC heavyweight, dude came back from a crippling injury and won the belt, again.

I think mir could catch cain in a submission. Cain has a great grappling coach but I think he would smell blood and go in for the finish too quickly IMO. This is MMA so we don't know till we see it but I like this fight but I think Mir could do it.

seriously...it's hard to submit a guy like cain that puts constant presure on you. This are not the 2000 when Mir would use his submission gameplan against unexpirienced fighters. Plus Mir is not impresive since Kongo fight....he looked pretty much like shit in all his fights ...even with Nog , he got outstruck by an older slower man , that Cain blast it to smithereens when he tried to exchange.
The Cro Cop fight was so lame , I don't even whant to discuss it.

Lol srsly? Mir would've got TKoed within the first round, guarantee it wouldnt have gone past the 2nd.

Back