How would Frank Mir did if he fought Cain?

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently, Mir was nowhere to be found on this forum lately. Remember when they're supposed to fight in May? With Mir's ground game and jiu-jitsu, how do you think he would do if he ever got the chance to fight Cain (if ever for the title). Do you think he's a more intriguing match up than Werdum or Overeem?

Your thoughts?

Cain is a horrible match up for him. TKO In the first or second imo

He would have done better than JDS thats for sure. Frank is a complete fighter and does not get discouraged by getting take down.

I think they're hands are about even. Cain has better knees and kicks though.

Obviously Cain could take Frank down effortlessly but the big question is, could Frank do something submission wise, cause Cain's submission defense is untested. I'm sure it's good cause he seems good everywhere, but still, it's untested.

Cardio and Chin are the main problems though. They sort of imply that Cain would run through Mir pretty bad

I actually think he could beat him. Not likely, but plausible

Stylistically it's an interesting fight. I would love to see it. But I think Cain is smart. He won't bring the fight to the ground. He's gonna try and pick him apart on the feet.

The Frank Mir of 2012 would have no chance against Cain. The Mir of 2010 wouldn't either.

I think Mir would get smashed. I just don't see Mir catching Cain on the feet and Cain's relentless GnP would make it hard for Mir to set any subs up. Wouldn't say Mir has no chance, but I definitely would pick Cain to win and feel confident that he would

I think Mir would have a chance...but, then again, everybody has a 'chance'

edit: his BJJ may win it for him, he sure as fuck wouldn't be striking with Cain

I think they're hands are about even. Cain has better knees and kicks though.

Obviously Cain could take Frank down effortlessly but the big question is, could Frank do something submission wise, cause Cain's submission defense is untested. I'm sure it's good cause he seems good everywhere, but still, it's untested.

Cardio and Chin are the main problems though. They sort of imply that Cain would run through Mir pretty bad

Yeah you're right that Cain's sub defense hans't been tested, I can't help but wonder how Mir pull off the sub and broke Big Nog's arm while being stunned

TKO'd. Then the Mir curse would be on Cain. God!! Overeem why did you have to fail your Drug Test.

Mir has pretty good boxing, but Cain's overall striking game is better. Mir couldn't stop Velasquez's takedowns and I think Cain could probably control him on the ground and pound him out, though Frank is always dangerous on the ground.

Cain wins 8/10 times imo.

I love Mir but he wouldn't be able to win on the feet or on the ground.

Cain is just too dominant, he smothers and doesn't let you breathe.......he wouldn't get caught by a submission i don't think.

Apparently, Mir was nowhere to be found on this forum lately. Remember when they're supposed to fight in May? With Mir's ground game and jiu-jitsu, how do you think he would do if he ever got the chance to fight Cain (if ever for the title). Do you think he's a more intriguing match up than Werdum or Overeem?

Your thoughts?

I think Mir would get crushed. He has shown the ability to pull submissions out of nowhere but he has also shown the tendency to get overpowered and pounded out. Werdum is a much more intriguing fight.

I don't know how Mir would have done against such a scrappy fighter like Cain. His BJJ is on another level, but how will he get the fight there?

I think Cain would definitely beat Mir, but Mir could pull of a upset. I think Mir is underrated, but the smart bet is to pick Cain by TKO.

EDIT: Somebody please ban this Nissan Kick guy.

He would have done better than JDS thats for sure. Frank is a complete fighter and does not get discouraged by getting take down.

Mur is the epitome of no heart. He just gave up so many times. Cain would have destroyed him.

Back