How would Dom Cruz's style translate if he fought guys 5ft8+ with good boxing, examples inside

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm talking about guys like Tony Ferguson, Lando Vannata, Edson Barboza, Pettis, Cerrone, Nate Diaz, Holloway, Dustin Poirer even

would it still work? or is it especailly designed against Team Alpha Male demographics? men <5ft6

Lol Pettis don't have good boxing

Would work, he'd rely more on his reflexes and speed tho.

Anyone with his fight style lightweight and above that eats 200 strikes like he did against TJ would get KTFO easily. He can only get away with it cause fighters in the lower weight classes are known to lack power.

You mean if he jumped to LW or FW?
It wouldn't work. His length and size play big factors into his fighting style. FW and LW have bigger, faster and more athletic fighters

Those guy would walk right through Dom's pillow fists and knock the smirk of his face

You're asking how he would do against guys 2 divisions larger than him? It's an absurd premise. That's like asking, "how would Woodley's style translate against Jon Jones, Rumble, and Cormier.

If you're going to hate, at least try to be rational about it.

You're asking how he would do against guys 2 divisions larger than him? It's an absurd premise. That's like asking, "how would Woodley's style translate against Jon Jones, Rumble, and Cormier.

Actually he's asking how Dom would do if he didn't drop down in weight. Dom is 5'8" and used to fight at lightweight

Dom Cruz has fought at FW and LW

I think Cruz would do pretty well at FW, he even fought there and LW too and he walks around 165-ish.That said I'd love to see him fight McGregy or Aldo.

Cruz vs Northcutt is the only way to know

I had been waiting for him to move back for ages. If his gumby ligaments held up I think he'd do well. No fan of his either.

Those guy would walk right through Dom's pillow fists and knock the smirk of his face

Cool! Talk them into moving down to BW and we'll see what happens. If not, that's just a ridiculous fantasy. Cruz makes weight without any problem (just like Jones), so there's no sense bashing him for fighting other guys who make the same weight.

Pettis has fast hands. His actual boxing ability isn't anything special, though.

I don't think it's special. But I don't think most pro boxers skills are special either.

Pettis has straight shots. He's light on his feet. Good head movement. Compared to most UFC fighters with zero boxing fundamentals.

BW fighters have t-rex reach. bigger guys could catch him with some good shots

Back