How would Cyborg do agaisnt Ronda's last 5 opponents

I've often wondered what exactly it was that Cyborg had accomplished that gives her so much credit on these boards. Beating Carano? People for some reason bash on Rousey for her competition, but give credit to Cyborg for beating worse competition and doing it less impressively.

She hasn't done anything.. she just hasn't lost to Ronda yet, thus being the last hope of these losers to see Ronda lose

I've often wondered what exactly it was that Cyborg had accomplished that gives her so much credit on these boards. Beating Carano? People for some reason bash on Rousey for her competition, but give credit to Cyborg for beating worse competition and doing it less impressively.

Agreed. Cyborg has a pretty decent record, but the records of her competition has been short of what most would consider top competition. I believe she still has more to prove than Ronda and does not hold the cards. Ronda's competition has been more established than Cyborg's. Which is why she should be willing to meet Ronda at any weight to prove it and not the other way around. I would love to watch the fight, but I'm getting tired of hearing all the talk about it after all these years.

She would fail the first random drug test and the fight would be called off

I think Tate beats Cyborg at 135. Miesha can take a punch and has far better grappling talent. Cyborg will be a lot weaker at this weight which should give Tate ability to take her down when mixing grappling with striking.

Based on the past, Tate previously beat Marloes Coenen at 135. Marloes was Cyborg's toughest opponent and lasted to the 3rd round on one fight and 4th round on a second fight at 145 pounds. Tate has improved on her striking since that time.

not even close to as well as ronda did

have you guys seen cyborg fight since she beat up gina? she hasnt steamrolled anyone but cans. shes so overrated on here. i would bet everything i own at -100000000000000000000000000000000000000 odds that she couldnt run through cat, tate, mcmann, bethe and davis within a combined 3 min, 6 seconds or whatever ronda did

im not 100% certain she would beat cat or tate, let alone either one. no fucking way she beats either one in the time it took for ronda to beat her last 5 opponents

Last edited by a moderator:
Zingano, Tate would beat her

I think TS overestimates Cyborgs ability, recently she went 4 (nearly 5) rounds with Coenen
Coenen got finished by Miesha in 3rd, who got finished by Zingano.. why would Cyborg all of a sudden finish either of them in under 3 rounds?

Coenen had a competitive fight with Tate and I even scored one of the rounds for Coenen (don't remember which one). Cyborg Coenen II went 4 rounds but it was not competitive at all. Coenen got mauled all 4 rounds and was in survival mode for most of the fight.

Out of all the cults I have seen on Sherdog, the Cult of Cyborg is the funniest one of all.

The entirety of Justino's mystique in the Heavies is built on the fact that the overwhelming majority of her so-called "fans" have never actually watched any of her fights.

Hell, many of them doesn't even know her complete first name.

I have a feeling that if the roles were reversed and Cyborg was beating everyone in the UFC while Ronda was fighting and beating everyone in Invicta, Cat and Miesha would possibly beat Ronda or give her a close fight and she'd ambar McMann and Corriea.

This place is ridiculous when it comes to UFC fighters. They are all elite and the non UFC fighters are scrubs

Zingano, Tate would beat her

I think TS overestimates Cyborgs ability, recently she went 4 (nearly 5) rounds with Coenen
Coenen got finished by Miesha in 3rd, who got finished by Zingano.. why would Cyborg all of a sudden finish either of them in under 3 rounds?

I think Tate beats Cyborg at 135. Miesha can take a punch and has far better grappling talent. Cyborg will be a lot weaker at this weight which should give Tate ability to take her down when mixing grappling with striking.

Based on the past, Tate previously beat Marloes Coenen at 135. Marloes was Cyborg's toughest opponent and lasted to the 3rd round on one fight and 4th round on a second fight at 145 pounds. Tate has improved on her striking since that time.
did you guys even watch the last fight between Justino & Coenen ? Or are you both just getting your knowledge from fight finder ? There were threads a plently about how that fight should've and could've been stopped long before it was and if I recall correctly,Justino claimed she could've finished it earlier,but she wanted to give the paying fans a Headline fight that lasted longer than a round.
Coenen had a competitive fight with Tate and I even scored one of the rounds for Coenen (don't remember which one). Cyborg Coenen II went 4 rounds but it was not competitive at all. Coenen got mauled all 4 rounds and was in survival mode for most of the fight.

qtf

looks like you & I were the only ones that saw that 2nd fight dude.

They both would have certainly beat each other opponents and I think cyborg would beat ronda down within 2-3 rounds maybe sooner.

did you guys even watch the last fight between Justino & Coenen ? Or are you both just getting your knowledge from fight finder ? There were threads a plently about how that fight should've and could've been stopped long before it was and if I recall correctly,Justino claimed she could've finished it earlier,but she wanted to give the paying fans a Headline fight that lasted longer than a round.

qtf

looks like you & I were the only ones that saw that 2nd fight dude.

Coulda shoulda woulda... Both Miesha and Zingano are better than Coenen, everywhere. Both are very durable.. yet somehow Cyborg will win in 2 rounds?

Zingano beats Cyborg and so does Miesha

You mean TKO her? Cyborg has always been a volume striker, she is not some one punch KO artist. I think here vs either Cat or Meisha would be an interesting and competitive fight.

Women mma fighters who have trained with cyborg can attest to the fact that cris cyborg hits "extremely" hard for a women. Even though she may not have the right technique to deliver that one punch ko, that barrage of punches and kicks are what mostly wears her opponents down. Besides somebody like Tonya evinger who has good functional strength, doesn't give zero fucks about wrapping up cyborg and makeing it an ugly long drawn out fight, I just can't see any other women @135 beating cyborg, Besides Ronda of course.

take the total amount of time for the five fights, and divide it in half.

that is about how long it would take cyborg to handle her business; and im being generous - she might be able to do it in one third of the time.

i wish Tate or Zingano would go over and fight her at 145. I think they'd probably win and kill all her noise.

Beats them all. Cat gives her the most trouble followed by Miesha.

Miesha would beat her. The rest, not sure. But Tate and Cyborg would have a war. I got Tate by sub in the 3rd.

Back