How would Cormier vs Prime Fedor go down?

Watch DC's takedowns against the fence. I am pretty sure there are many highlights of him floating around. Majority of them; he doesn't end up in guard since he doesn't shoot from outside and he ends every takedown from angle. He doesn't shoot a power double or drive straight as opposed to the old school guys that would be content land a takedown to throw elbows from inside the guard position. Coleman hangs out in that position. This fight will end up on the ground for sure.
What Fedor does off his back is very basic but it works for him well. It is based on speed and explosiveness. His teammates cannot replicate what he does. If you watch his fights; how many people passed his guard? He works off reversals but I don't think he can get those on someone like DC.

I don't think its that basic, that armbar from the bottom for example he does as well as anyone I'v ever seen in MMA technically and both that and something like the reversal of Nog depend on perfect timing, waiting until his opponent is slightl off balance and then pushing in the correct direction to exploit that, not just madly bucking. Really Cormier looking to improve position might well play to Fedor's advantage allowing him opportunities for reversals or escapes, you can see in the first Coleman fight he was happy to allow Mark openings to improve positions rather than hanging around in guard.

Generally though as I said I think Cormier's offencive grappling is coloured quite a bit by who he's faced, getting position on guys like Rumble, Lewis and Volkan is a hell of a lot easier than it would be on a prime Nog or Werdum. Personally I don't think he'd be able to escape the guard of those two if they didn't want him to.

Last edited:
Fedor was bobbing on practically everything Andrei threw up until that overhand. One of the classic moron statements: Arlovski was pwning Fedor ZOMG!!! Thank you for making it clear that you have no idea what you're talking about (and are likely blind).
Fedor disrespect is one of the most enraging things. I agree. Arlovski looked impressive and a stupid decision cost him the fight, but he was hardly dominating Fedor.

I would love to see this fight

I would favor Fedor, especially in a ring. so explosive. so powerful. so quick.

I mean, Fedor was not afraid of prime Nog on the ground and then he fought CroCop standing

DC is a great fighter. obviously, he would have a chance.

We never saw DC as an MMA fighter in his athletic prime. Perhaps that is something that unfairly counts against him

They fought in the same promotion and could have fought each other but fedor kept getting his fucking ass beat. That's all you really need to know

Think it'd be a tough fight, but i'd lean towards DC.

prime doesnt always matter. tbh primes matter more for smaller guys fedor never had great tdd dc puts him on his back and destroys fedor chael was able to out wrestle fedor

DC is a lot better everywhere except off his back. Wouldn't be a competitive fight.

Back