How Would Conor McGregor Fare In Kickboxing?

RandomUser12

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People rave about his hands, his flashy kicks, his knockout power, so how would he fare against some of the elites around the same size? You know, against the Petrosyan's, Ristie's & van Roosmalen's of the world?

Think this thread is fair game considering he's such a pure striker & fights entirely like a kickboxer in his MMA bouts. He clearly enjoys the striking aspect of fighting far more than he does grappling (hence the repeated & desperate pleas to the referee in his last fight to stand them up when he was flat on his back.)

Do you honestly think Conor survives one round with Yodsanklai?

I have little to no hope for any ufc fighter to do well against a top shelf kickboxer.

Just thinking about McGregor vs RvR or Petrosyan has me loling hard, i hope nobody actually even thinks it would be competitive, McGregor would get annihilated. (In kickboxing not mma ofc)

I have little to no hope for any ufc fighter to do well against a top shelf kickboxer.

That's absurd. How many times have we seen elite level kickboxers get KTFO on the feet in MMA or MMA fighters go to kickboxing and KTFO elite level kickboxers.

FFS, the Glory MW champion just got KTFO by a japenese nobody with a superman punch.

Out of MMA, boxing, wrestling, submission grappling, and kickboxing... kickboxing has by far the most shallow talent pool.

who knows he does specialize in striking but i doubt he'd be champ level, atleast not off the start.

Conor doesn't have a kickboxing style, it's more karate, with the wide side ways stance

anyway, Conor would get murked

You have to learn to distinguish the hyperbole and hype from the facts when it comes to Conor.
Don't feel too bad , you're not the only one who has trouble doing so.

lolwut? He's in a combat sport and ko's everybody with unorthodox kicks and great boxing.

This is a great example. I'd also say Aldo, Anderson, Condit. Rory Mac is getting there. It's showing more and more in his fights.

Aldo yes with a better kickboxing coach. Anderson no, he relied on counter boxing with 4oz gloves and never applied pressure except for his early UFC days. Condit maybe, but he would not be athletic enough. Rorys MMA striking is very good but dont think he could compete with solid kickboxers, also Rory doesnt move his head that much

He would wreck the people who are in GLORY, but I don't think that is the top of the sport and unfortunately that's really my only exposure to kickboxing.

Back