How would buchecha fair in mma?

snoop dogg***

Baby Heath goon$quad
Reaction score
Hes so young and is on the rise to being the biggest thing in the sport. His takedowns arent bad. I would loce to see him fight at lhw or mw possible.

Hes so young and is on the rise to being the biggest thing in the sport. His takedowns arent bad. I would loce to see him fight at lhw or mw possible.

he would do fine if his has an wrestler cardio! brazilians have weak cardio...

well it would depend on how he takes a shot - period.

he can be an animal on the mats and in the gym but until he gets hit with bad intentions and had to fight through adversity you never know.

Look brock lesner - the guy was an animal as long as the fight was going his way. As soon as he got hit or met with resistance he folded.

If he learns how to strike like Demian Maia, he could do well. The problem is a lot of grapplers don't learn how to strike properly (idk why) and don't go very far (Marcelo, Dave Avellan, Denny Prokopos). Wrestlers going into MMA usually pick up striking better then the bjj guys, Idk why, but those that don't can get away with it more since wrestling is a sport that is strong in TD's so they can get the fight on the ground and put themselves out of danger of being KO'd even if they aren't that great on the ground, where as BJJ guys are excellent on the ground but they might not be able to get there before their amateur striking gets then KO'd or a decision loss. Drysdale is on a tear right now, can't wait to see him in the UFC.

well it would depend on how he takes a shot - period.

he can be an animal on the mats and in the gym but until he gets hit with bad intentions and had to fight through adversity you never know.

Look brock lesner - the guy was an animal as long as the fight was going his way. As soon as he got hit or met with resistance he folded.

The brock lesnar thing is true, but in the shane carwin fight he almost got finished but he came back and won cause carwin gassed himself out.

The brock lesnar thing is true, but in the shane carwin fight he almost got finished but he came back and won cause carwin gassed himself out.

True but turtling up and waiting for your opponent to gas is not saying much. That fight could have easily been stopped.

If he learns how to strike like Demian Maia, he could do well. The problem is a lot of grapplers don't learn how to strike properly (idk why) and don't go very far (Marcelo, Dave Avellan, Denny Prokopos). Wrestlers going into MMA usually pick up striking better then the bjj guys, Idk why, but those that don't can get away with it more since wrestling is a sport that is strong in TD's so they can get the fight on the ground and put themselves out of danger of being KO'd even if they aren't that great on the ground, where as BJJ guys are excellent on the ground but they might not be able to get there before their amateur striking gets then KO'd or a decision loss. Drysdale is on a tear right now, can't wait to see him in the UFC.

I think wrestlers have a more explosive and footwork which applies well to striking. bjj guys dont work on footwork too much. when I wrestled in HS we jumped rope and worked on footwork alot

I think wrestlers have a more explosive and footwork which applies well to striking. bjj guys dont work on footwork too much. when I wrestled in HS we jumped rope and worked on footwork alot

Yeah that's probably it. And exploding into a shot is like exploding into an overhand right.

wrestlers are normally way better athletes than bjj guys.. Also, marcelo and denny had like what? 1 fight? marcelo lost by a cut, he was dominating his much more experienced opponent, denny, well he got caught, and the other dude was a solid bjj dude for what I read... not good examples, David avellan neither is a good example, he had like 3 fights, and won 2 of them...

wrestlers are normally way better athletes than bjj guys.. Also, marcelo and denny had like what? 1 fight? marcelo lost by a cut, he was dominating his much more experienced opponent, denny, well he got caught, and the other dude was a solid bjj dude for what I read... not good examples, David avellan neither is a good example, he had like 3 fights, and won 2 of them...

I always assumed that If marcelo kept fighting, today ,he could have cut to 145 and had werdum-like success in that division.

He has plenty of time. Heavyweights mature later.

i dont think he would fight heavyweight. i mean, roger fights at middleweight in MMA

Marcelo lost by a cut but he should have subbed the dude. Avellan was 2-0 then he got KO'd and never returned. Same with Denny. Same with Galvao. Buchecha could make it but he might not make it. BJJ guys transitioning into mma seem to be hit or miss.

Crazy, i was wondering about that the other day, he's one of my favorite BJJ players. His style i think would translate better than most, since he's so versatile.

Marcelo lost by a cut but he should have subbed the dude. Avellan was 2-0 then he got KO'd and never returned. Same with Denny. Same with Galvao. Buchecha could make it but he might not make it. BJJ guys transitioning into mma seem to be hit or miss.

Jacare and Roger gor KO'd and are still fighting.

Jacare and Roger gor KO'd and are still fighting.

I'm not saying guys from BJJ can't go to MMA and do well, I'm just naming some greats of BJJ that didn't fare well in MMA. Jacare and Roger are great fighters. Can't wait to see them in the UFC after strikeforce folds.

I'm not saying guys from BJJ can't go to MMA and do well, I'm just naming some greats of BJJ that didn't fare well in MMA. Jacare and Roger are great fighters. Can't wait to see them in the UFC after strikeforce folds.

maybe theres a difference between the heavier weights and the lighter weights.
If you think about it: Roger, Jacare, Werdum, Gonzaga, Vinny M are all great and heavy world and ADCC champs who have successful careers in MMA
seems that the lighter weights dont want to really make that transition

Personally, I don't really want to lose one of the best young grapplers of his generation to MMA.
Benny Dariush is transitioning to pro MMA right now. Are you worried about this too?

For young grapplers of both genders, I think MMA should absolutely be on the table. Paying the bills and having money left over is awesome.

I have no idea who a Buchecha analogue would be in MMA today. Maybe a tweaked version of Joe Lauzon with much greater emphasis on grappling and far less on striking. High energy, looking constantly for submissions, but not really good in the wrestling offense/defense part. He could probably do well at 205 with just BJJ alone. Vinny's done well. HW might be a different story - he'd have to be able to take a serious punch and still implement his game plans.

maybe theres a difference between the heavier weights and the lighter weights.
If you think about it: Roger, Jacare, Werdum, Gonzaga, Vinny M are all great and heavy world and ADCC champs who have successful careers in MMA
seems that the lighter weights dont want to really make that transition

Light weight guys in general don't really play a dominating top game and have guard-centric BJJ which I think does less well in MMA.

Back