How would Anderson have cared against today's mw division

And all the guys I listed are world class fighters. Please be real. I'm a huge Fedor fan and I'm not gonna act like he would run through a guy like Cain. Weidman is a bad matchup for Silvs, and everyone I listed presents different problems

Not even gonna bother with Rockold(LOL) and Jacare. Vitor didn't show anything for Anderson before the front kick, he'd never beat him, plus their heart discrepancy is too big. Mousasi is very good but doesn't have the x-factor to beat a great like Anderson. Yes Weidman would always be tough but I still give it to prime Anderson. I bet we will have a much better way to answer this question after Weidman has had a couple more fights.

Machida is the only guy I could see making it a close striking match where a decision could go either way.

Moose
026_Gegard_Mousasi.jpg

He just looks so damn nonchalant, it's hilarious.

I think Anderson would beat '13 Vitor, and Weidman. Ryoto Machida would give him problems though...

Not even gonna bother with Rockold(LOL) and Jacare. Vitor didn't show anything for Anderson before the front kick, he'd never beat him, plus their heart discrepancy is too big. Mousasi is very good but doesn't have the x-factor to beat a great like Anderson. Yes Weidman would always be tough but I still give it to prime Anderson. I bet we will have a much better way to answer this question after Weidman has had a couple more fights.

Machida is the only guy I could see making it a close striking match where a decision could go either way.

That's more like it

Jacare is like Maia but much stronger/ faster. So he could get him down. I agree he'd be heavily favored over Rockhold, but Rockhold isn't some can. Weidman will always be a tough match up for Anderson

MW divisions awesome right now, Machida and the Moose being the most exciting new additions.

Agreed, Machida looks at his best. He can be boring at times but he's a tough out for anyone

What is "prime Silva?
The more aggressive Cage Rage & early UFC career Silva? Or the more masterful, taunting, matrix Silva?

Something in between. The one who fought Nate M was close to the top.
Not just countering, but attacking, and risking position.
He ran across the cage, threw a flying knee at Nate and missed, and got taken down! That was the first few seconds! That's a young man's game.

Would be interesting, but he's too old to come back from that injury and beat all these guys.

I honestly think Jacare would be exposed against the very best at MW and think Anderson still beats him.

I think too many people are sleeping on Rockhold just because of the TRTor loss.
Rockhold has champ potential.

Weidman would be the slight favorite against any version of silva. Nightmare matchup is putting it lightly.

Machida is 50/50.

The rest silva would be a slight favorite.

He'd beat Jacare, and possibly Rockhold imo. Everyone else he couldn't get by.

I think Anderson beats all of them. Machida would have a chance but he's too tentative and Anderson would dance the judges into voting for him.

Mousasi could make things interesting as would Jacare if he went for the ground game. Machida, who knows, and I think TRT Vitor would make for a very interesting fight. The division is all of a sudden much more interesting and I don't think that it's just Anderson losing.

Mousasi doesn't have the 'x-factor'?? Who gives a rat's backside about 'x-factor' in a fight??? That's exactly what everyone said about the "nobody", "boring", "outclassed" Chris Weidman that supposedly no one had ever heard of and had no business in the ring with god Anderson.

Not saying that Mouse would beat AS or not, but it has absolutely nothing to do with having an 'aura' or 'x-factor'. It's thinking like that that keeps fans from being able to judge fighter's odds realistically.

Yes, the middleweight division if scary right now. Faaaaaaar better than it was in Anderson's prime. That being said, on his best day, I would take Andy over any of 'em.

lol people are choosing weidman over prime silva? really? lets wait until weidman shows us if he really is the best beating a few contenders first. For all we know he could be a champion until he fights again.

What is "prime Silva?
The more aggressive Cage Rage & early UFC career Silva? Or the more masterful, taunting, matrix Silva?

I kind of think clowning Silva is actually the prime Silva. it adds a psychological edge to go with the technical mastery.

At the end, he got old and lost to a great fighter. In the first fight obviously the clowning bit him in the ass. I still don't really second guess the strategy though. I think that was his best and most effective path to victory most of the time.

lol people are choosing weidman over prime silva? really? lets wait until weidman shows us if he really is the best beating a few contenders first. For all we know he could be a champion until he fights again.

Weidman could lose to machida, jacare, and rockhold all in a row and be cut from the UFC, but he'd still beat any version of Anderson Silva.

10 years ago he'd have slammed through every one of them. The dude is 40

Weidman could lose to machida, jacare, and rockhold all in a row and be cut from the UFC, but he'd still beat any version of Anderson Silva.

So he beats an old clowning silva and gets injured in the second fight and all of a sudden weidman wins all the time vs prime silva? i don't think so. The only fighter i favor vs prime silva is jones. Jones has proven he is elite not just an one time star.

Back