How would Anderson have cared against today's mw division

IMO, Anderson was head and shoulders above the MW division from 06-12. However, the MW division today is WAY better so I don't think we can just say that Anderson in his prime walks through it easily. His reign seemed to have one tough fight to every 3-4 easier fighters. He would be right in the championship mix but not a dominant, lording champion. He could get the belt but he wouldn't hold it nearly as long IMHO.

Lol, disagree on almost all except Rockhold.

To ts, its sad but we'll never know. This is the most stacked that division has ever been with multidimensional fighters. I think he wins half and loses to half. But that just shows you how ahead of his time Anderson was. He was fighting on the level of 2014 mma fighters ages ago.

How would you have those fights? In hindsight I'd probably make a fight with Machida 50/50 but I am fairly confident he would have taken care of the rest of the guys. Jacare would be a problem if he managed to take Anderson down, but he's wild with his striking and I can see him getting picked apart and TKO'd if Anderson stuffed the initial takedowns.

40/60 against Weidman
70/30 against Machida
60/40 against Belfort
70/30 against Jacare
60/40 against Mousasi

Prime Anderson finishes all of them including Weidman.

Those who think this or that guy could beat him are forgetting something, Anderson can finish a fight within seconds out of nowhere. He can drop his opponent with so many weapons: punches, elbows, headkicks, knees. From the outside or during an attack, standing or on the ground, the man is a constant threat for every second of the 25 minutes of the fight. That's why he should be favored in fantasy matchups.

Anderson PRIME against:
The Chris (50/50)
Machida (60/40)
Belfort (70/30)
Jacare (70/30)
Moose (70/30)
Rockhold (80/20)

I like these numbers... and the edit to machida 50/50.

The rest of those guys don't have shit for him.
Juiced up Vitor punchers chance.

How would you have those fights? In hindsight I'd probably make a fight with Machida 50/50 but I am fairly confident he would have taken care of the rest of the guys. Jacare would be a problem if he managed to take Anderson down, but he's wild with his striking and I can see him getting picked apart and TKO'd if Anderson stuffed the initial takedowns.

I think almost all of them are closer than that except for Vitor, who gets crushed no matter how much juice he's on. But like I told the other guy, sadly we'll never know. Anderson vs Mousasi has been a dream fight for me tho, I hope it still gets made.

I think almost all of them are closer than that except for Vitor, who gets crushed no matter how much juice he's on. But like I told the other guy, sadly we'll never know. Anderson vs Mousasi has been a dream fight for me tho, I hope it still gets made.

But would you consider Anderson the favorite against most of them? And yes, Anderson v. Mousasi would havebeen a great fight. At this point I think Mousasi has a very good chance to win it. If Anderson comes back and looks great then the fight would be cool but idk how I'd feel if that was his comeback fight. Mousasi in many ways is similar to Anderson.

Prime Anderson finishes all of them including Weidman.

Those who think this or that guy could beat him are forgetting something, Anderson can finish a fight within seconds out of nowhere. He can drop his opponent with so many weapons: punches, elbows, headkicks, knees. From the outside or during an attack, standing or on the ground, the man is a constant threat for every second of the 25 minutes of the fight. That's why he should be favored in fantasy matchups.

And all the guys I listed are world class fighters. Please be real. I'm a huge Fedor fan and I'm not gonna act like he would run through a guy like Cain. Weidman is a bad matchup for Silvs, and everyone I listed presents different problems

Wow, MMA fans have very short memories...

He kicked Vitor's face off just 2 years ago, and that was on TRT

I think Anderson would be the favourite against all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to any of them.

Even take away the TRT when Silva fought Belfort a few years back, nobody would have been shocked if Vitor got the KO blow in that fight.

The division is far better but it's Anderson silva here, I think he's at the least a small favourite over everyone. Weidman did best him twice so not in this case

What is "prime Silva?
The more aggressive Cage Rage & early UFC career Silva? Or the more masterful, taunting, matrix Silva?
Silva was in his prime when he wrecked Franklin. That's 7 years ago. At that point he would have beaten anyone on the list in their current state. Yes, including Weidman.

But would you consider Anderson the favorite against most of them? And yes, Anderson v. Mousasi would havebeen a great fight. At this point I think Mousasi has a very good chance to win it. If Anderson comes back and looks great then the fight would be cool but idk how I'd feel if that was his comeback fight. Mousasi in many ways is similar to Anderson.

I consider him a fav vs Vitor and Rockhold. With the rest, id say 50-50 or 60/40, except for Chris who is pretty much designed to beat Anderson unfortunately.

Back