How would Anderson have cared against today's mw division

basedgodfedor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I firmly (firmly) believe Anderson is the second best MMA fighter we have seen. Best, most entertaining striker. That being said, how would he have fared against these new MW beasts in his prime? Idk when his prime even ended because he had shakey performances versus the 3 wrestlers he faced and crushed the randoms in between

But anyway PRIME Silva vs (Weidman not included hahahaha)

2013 TRT Jesus Belfort
Vitor-Belfort1-466x700.jpg

Moose
026_Gegard_Mousasi.jpg

Jacare
jacre-shredded1.png

Machida 2k (abs)
machida_mousasi_ufcfightnight36.jpg

Rockhold
Luke-Rockhold.jpg

The MW division Is better then ever. These men are no Leites and Cotes (no offense), all these guys are killers. I favor 2013 Belfort and Machida over him, Moose is even, and Rockhold and Jacare are underdogs. Thoughts?

Beats everyone except for Weidman.
Don't get how Lyoto and Vitor beats Anderson. But then again you can't really count out these killers though.

Anderson VIA KO/TKO everyone but lyoto on that list. And maybe mouse

He would have a difficult time with all of them. The Belfort that fought Anderson is a deferent type of animal today.

What is "prime Silva?
The more aggressive Cage Rage & early UFC career Silva? Or the more masterful, taunting, matrix Silva?

I think Anderson would beat them all but wouldnt be able to clown them.

Anderson PRIME against:
The Chris (50/50)
Machida (60/40)
Belfort (70/30)
Jacare (70/30)
Moose (70/30)
Rockhold (80/20)

Lyoto Would make Anderson come foward. tRT vitor wouldn't get front kicked in the face again

Vitor is in Anderson's wheel house and his boxing is one of the most overrated. I think Anderson is a better striker than Lyoto, when they were sparring it seemed like that anyway.

Agree a much more difficult run but Anderson is a killer and very smart fighter (when he is in the zone and doesnt clown hard).
Would probably have a hard time against Jacare and maybe Rockhold because of rasslin but still the fave against all of them.

If Anderson was as hungry as he was when he first got into the UFC he wouldn't have much of a problem with some of those guys imo. It's diffcult to be motivated when you have proven time and time again that you are really good at what you do and plus when you have 5 kids and enough money to be set for life.

If Anderson was as hungry as he was when he first got into the UFC he wouldn't have much of a problem with some of those guys imo.

This. I think Silva prior to 35 years of age would beat all of them consistently. Asterisk for Weidman because he is extremely strong. Asterisk for Belfort because hes deadly. Asterisk for Lyoto because he is the dragon.

This. I think Silva prior to 35 years of age would beat all of them consistently. Asterisk for Weidman because he is extremely strong. Asterisk for Belfort because hes deadly. Asterisk for Lyoto because he is the dragon.

I think he would win in a striking match tbh. I shall remind you.

[YT]II50R9Ci2rM&hd=1[/YT]

I don't know, but Weidman would probably been hard to beat at any point in his career. The thing about knowing when a fighter is out of their prime is that it's not always obvious. With guys like Big Nog, Rampage, and Fedor, it was clear they were nowhere near what they once were.

5 years ago? Maybe Anderson would have picked Weidman apart like he used to do to erbody else, ya heard?

Anderson PRIME against:
The Chris (50/50)
Machida (60/40)
Belfort (70/30)
Jacare (70/30)
Moose (70/30)
Rockhold (80/20)

Lol, disagree on almost all except Rockhold.

To ts, its sad but we'll never know. This is the most stacked that division has ever been with multidimensional fighters. I think he wins half and loses to half. But that just shows you how ahead of his time Anderson was. He was fighting on the level of 2014 mma fighters ages ago.

Ts left out Kennedy which I think stylistically is a really bad match up for anderson.

I don't think he would have cared for them too much. I mean obviously he would respect them as athletes, but he's married so I don't think he would have had intimate feelings for any of them.

Back