How would an Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza fight turn out?

I'd give a slight edge in striking to barboza. Would be a fantastic fight for the fans
Ill be rooting for barboza :)

If pettis dont KO him right away then he'll submit barboza. Just being realistic.

Lets not get a head of ourselves and start thinking Pettis is some boxing wizard with his hands. His kicks are world class, but his hands lack tremendously compared to them. As you can see, I'm a huge Pettis fan, but I'm also not delusional.

That being said, it would be a great fight, but I'll give it to Pettis in the end.

Whoa whoa....didn't you see him knock Duke to the mat with one punch? (Haha just joking)

But aside from my feeble attempt at humor, I still give it to Pettis based on overall skill, talent and experience.

I like Pettis only cause his punches are pretty pin pint while Edson is till showing weakness is striking defense

Pettis via (T)KO/Submission in the first round.

Barboza is the most overrated fighter of all time.

Barboza wouldn't make it out of the first round, knocked out in seconds.

Pettis by Tko late in the 3rd. Edson is a good kickboxer but Pettis is just that much better. i would def like to see EB face either Cerrone/Diaz after his nxt fight.

Funny how everyone saying Pettis is the best and will have the belt for awhile, then all these others quick to jump on all these guys who's supposedly able to beat him

If Pettis beats Thomson, I can see this fight happening in late 2014 or 2015 as long as Edson keeps winning as well

Or sooner after Josh beats him (yeah I said it)

Pettis uses a lot of kicks in his fights, but Barboza is a monster kicker, so he will not be a good stylistic matchup for Pettis. That said, Pettis is better at MMA overall and has much more holes to exploit.

Barboza clearly has far better TD defense and ability to get back up.

He's shown those abilities against far inferior fighters. He's fought 1 good wrestler in his entire UFC run and got taken down on both attempts and KO'd in the 1st round

Pettis uses a lot of kicks in his fights, but Barboza is a monster kicker, so he will not be a good stylistic matchup for Pettis. That said, Pettis is better at MMA overall and has much more holes to exploit.

I disagree with you on this.

Pettis' primary martial art is based on evading and countering kicks. Barboza is a dynamic kicker with a lot of power, however he doesn't have the kind of creativity that would surprise Pettis.

I think Frankie Edgar would actually give Pettis fits.

Pettis via KO. Edson's a hell of an offensive striker but defensively, he's poop. Unless he catches Pettis with something quickly, he's getting hurt.

Not to mention, I don't think I've ever seen Pettis hurt once , I don't recall him getting hit flush so that to me is an indication of good defensive instincts and fundamentals. Or also maybe he has a great chin.

The guy who lost to Njokuani Pearson and varner. Yeah my dude takes that one with ease

Pettis would KO Barboza. Pettis chin is already proven and Barboza has a questionable chin.

Back