How would an Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza fight turn out?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think I'd give the slight edge to Pettis but Barboza's striking is no joke!

Barboza would likely head kick KO'd poor Pettis.

Barboza's weakness is boxing which Varner exploited and Pettis would viciously capitalize on, ignoring the fact that he's easily as good a kicker and is better on the ground. So probably not too well.

Hard hard leg kicks and a spectacular wheel kick KO do not a great MMA fighter make.

Barboza's weakness is boxing which Varner exploited and Pettis would viciously capitalize on, ignoring the fact that he's easily as good a kicker and is better on the ground. So probably not too well.

Lets not get a head of ourselves and start thinking Pettis is some boxing wizard with his hands. His kicks are world class, but his hands lack tremendously compared to them. As you can see, I'm a huge Pettis fan, but I'm also not delusional.

That being said, it would be a great fight, but I'll give it to Pettis in the end.

seeing as i cant remember the last time pettis even got hit clean in the face, ill go with pettis via destruction.

Pettis via KO. Edson's a hell of an offensive striker but defensively, he's poop. Unless he catches Pettis with something quickly, he's getting hurt.

I remember when people thought cerrone and pettis would be a war.

Pettis is going to be super hard to beat standing up. He's just too good defensively.

With somebody out on the floor. I'm thinking Pettis wins but there style is so similar but Pettis ground game is better.

This could be one of the most bankable good fights in recent times.

Pettis would take it 8/10 I reckon.

Barboza getting a bit of hype here. Wasn't too long ago he squeaked one out vs Pearson and now he is ready to take on the champ?

Pettis would probably finish him in the first. Varner style, but with more kicks.

Barboza has great kicks but Anthony is better at literally every facet of MMA than him.

Barboza getting a bit of hype here. Wasn't too long ago he squeaked one out vs Pearson and now he is ready to take on the champ?
He didn't squeak one out. He straight lost the fight and got handed a crap decision. I thought Njokuani beat him too but that fight was closer.

Back