How would Alex Gus do against HW top 10?

The problem with Gus is his inactivity. Thats why he gets that cramped, saggy old man body and looked terrible against Jones. If he wants to be a part time fighter at heavyweight ... thats a terrible idea. He will get KTFO brutally. Imagine what Ngannou would do that chin.

I agree the only hw id think would beat him or could is stipe jds or cain but i think he could get the belt at hw cain is an animal though hed grapple fuck gus

Gus is too weak for HW. Could probably beat Volkov and Lewis and that's about it, gets creamed by rest of top10.

Beats Arlovskis and Albinis tho.

No-belt Stipe would put Gus in a coffin.

I think he'd have a tough time with many of them, but there's only one way to find out.

Beats almost all of if not all of them. He almost finished DC who's the champ and who utterly obliterated the previous dominate champ.

That's where MMA Math gets you in trouble. HW is a different beast altogether. Someone like Ngannou, who's not that well-rounded, is still a huge challenge for him due to his size and KO power. It probably ends up looking like Gus vs. Rumble. I agree he could beat some guys, though, particularly HWs who don't have heavy hands.

Beats everyone except JDS, Reem, DC, maybe Ngannou.
LOL, he may very well beat Reem and possibly JDS (neither of them are anything like they used to be) but he'd never beat Stipe. Did you leave him out on purpose or because you're biased? I wouldn't pick him over Cain, either, though we'll have to see how Cain looks after yet another long layoff.

LOL, he may very well beat Reem and possibly JDS (neither of them are anything like they used to be) but he'd never beat Stipe. Did you leave him out on purpose or because you're biased? I wouldn't pick him over Cain, either, though we'll have to see how Cain looks after yet another long layoff.
Forgot about Stipe and Cain, they'd definitely beat Gus too.

That's where MMA Math gets you in trouble. HW is a different beast altogether. Someone like Ngannou, who's not that well-rounded, is still a huge challenge for him due to his size and KO power. It probably ends up looking like Gus vs. Rumble. I agree he could beat some guys, though, particularly HWs who don't have heavy hands.

No doubt if he fought all of them he wouldn't be unbeaten. I'd favor him over each and every one individually though.

Gus would be larger too and more powerful. It ain't like Gus stays the same. Gus is also a better athlethe who can fight for more than a round or two. KO power isn't everything lots of fans have this obsession with fist hitting face. They are both HW's and the guys at LHW would tend to be better HW's. Gus gets more power at HW and you realize most of these heavy hitters will lose their power at LHW right? For example at Overeem back when he was at 205.

DC for example is heavier and objectively slower than he used to be(lugging around extra weight)but the guy has more power too and he looked better because relative to his competition he was better(and I was surprised that DC beat Stipe as easily he did of course), DC looked slower at 205 cause aside from Volkan he was in tough fights at 205. DC isn't a known power guy same as Gus but add 30 pounds and you've just got a more fast KO threat and there's not a lot of HW's if any who I think could deal with that well.

Why is Gus never accused of ducking HW?

Ngannou would probably ko Gus even with a whiffed punch.

Dude is not physical enough for heavyweight.

Gus is a superior version of Stipe, he doesn’t hit as hard but does everything else better

Back