How would Alex Gus do against HW top 10?

Zingerburger

Gunni Nelson = King
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe he can beat 2 guys on that list.

Based on Gus' best win being Shogun and him having lost EVERY single big fight he's ever been in, I think it's safe to say that he would easily become HW champ.

Half of those are black guys so there's 5 guaranteed losses. I could see him beating Tybura and Oleinik but other than that...?

you think Gus won the first fight against DC? lost all your credibility right then and there

Trying to get people excited about Gus again so they will buy his wolf tickets. Good luck.

Lol gus outwrestling ngannou are you fucking serious?

Beats almost all of if not all of them. He almost finished DC who's the champ and who utterly obliterated the previous dominate champ.

you think Gus won the first fight against DC? lost all your credibility right then and there

If all three judges gave Gus the round he almost finished DC then Gus wins the fight. So yes I think Gus won.

Only because Gus had a competitive fight with DC and only because Jones beat DC doesn't mean all of a sudden they are kicking ass at HW. Cormier's style is completely different from theirs and is suited better for HW. Gus and Jones are not powerful punchers and it's hard to be super succesful at heavyweight without that attribute. They most of the time outsmart and outpoint their opponents and that stuff generally works better at the lower weight classes 205 and below. I am not saying they're not beating some HW I am just saying they'll never dominate at HW.

Imho Gus has a chance at beating all of them but I wouldn't pick him confidently against pretty much anybody on the list.

From the top 5, I'd only favor him against Lewis.

Gustafsson would be KO'ed dead by black beast, Hunt, Ngannou.

Hed be decisioned or finished by Stipe, Volkov Cormier.

Wreslefucked and pounded by Blaydes and Cain.

Subbed by Werdum, Rothwell and Oleyeniak(Russian dude with crazy subs)

His only winnable fights i see are Struve, Arlovski, pre retirement Browne and Post TRT bigfoot.

Gus has too little power in his hands and not enough head kicks but he does ragdoll a lot of guys at LHW despite having only grappled a few years. Many high level guys that have trained with Gus always says it's crazy how strong he is in the grappling. Frank Mir vouched for it leading up to Gus first fight against Jones, saying he had seen him go with legit big guys and he was throwing them around. If he has just a little bit more of that with an extra 30lbs on him I see him having success. Only guy to take Jones and DC down, great footwork and speed. He always takes one or two in the mug every fight though and doing that at HW is not advisable..

Back