How Would Aldo Do Against Siver?

Conor was and still is largely unproven compared to his hype.

Aldo is not.

I would've said before and will say again that Siver wouldn't last long against Aldo. If he was lucky, Siver would make round two. Siver was never the guy who would have put up a legit title run.

Cerrone is a big 155er but I still think Lamas could grapple fuck him to a decision.
I was kind of meh towards Lamas - but his video was gold ( compared to the fighters usual standard when trash talking ).

Cerrone's TDD (overall wrestling in general) has improved a lot over the years. Lamas' TD's really aren't anything special. He actually has some of the lowest TD accuracy in the UFC, at just 29%. Lamas has scored 13 of 45 attempts, that is awful. Cerrone has 70% TDD. What's funnier is that Cerrone has a higher percentage of TD accuracy at 43%, scoring 25 of 58. So based on statistics, Cerrone is a better (MMA, not pure) wrestler than Lamas, who is a wrestler, LOL.

I know looking at statistics like that doesn't prove anything about what will happen in a fight - anything can happen. But Cerrone has stuffed TD's from bigger, stronger guys who were also from a technical aspect, better wrestlers than him.

Lamas is a beast from top position. Good ground-and-pound and submissions, but his TD's aren't very good. He's another one of those guys who is a fucking beast when he has you on your back, but he struggles a lot with getting you there sometimes and I think Cerrone would stuff those TD's and kick him around.

I don't see Cerrone throwing as many leg kicks because Lamas will want to take him down, but that stepping/counter knee to the body, that would be money against Lamas. It's just my opinion though, I think Cerrone would light Lamas up really, really bad. Just like I believe Conor McGregor would, too.

I think the fight would look much like Cerrone/Alvarez, only Lamas will be less successful on the feet than Alvarez was. Cerrone would smack him around badly on the feet and I don't see Lamas getting it to the mat with his weak TD's. And don't forget that Cerrone is a fucking monster on the mat, from his back and from top as well. Most of his wins are from submissions, he's very crafty there.

Sorry for the long post. I get carried away when talking about fights and who I think will win and why and all that crap.

Cerrone's TDD (overall wrestling in general) has improved a lot over the years. Lamas' TD's really aren't anything special. He actually has some of the lowest TD accuracy in the UFC, at just 29%. Lamas has scored 13 of 45 attempts, that is awful. Cerrone has 70% TDD. What's funnier is that Cerrone has a higher percentage of TD accuracy at 43%, scoring 25 of 58. So based on statistics, Cerrone is a better (MMA, not pure) wrestler than Lamas, who is a wrestler, LOL.

This is bc Cerrone sets up his TDs with striking. Its just like Gus TD % in their fight was better then Jones.

I know looking at statistics like that doesn't prove anything about what will happen in a fight - anything can happen. But Cerrone has stuffed TD's from bigger, stronger guys

Lamas at 155 would ( I think ) be stronger then Cerrone.

who were also from a technical aspect, better wrestlers than him.

As is Lamas

Lamas is a beast from top position. Good ground-and-pound and submissions, but his TD's aren't very good. He's another one of those guys who is a fucking beast when he has you on your back, but he struggles a lot with getting you there sometimes and I think Cerrone would stuff those TD's and kick him around.

correct - but one of Cerrones strengths is that he is so good of his back that many will not even really try hard emough to take him down - Lamas imo would

I don't see Cerrone throwing as many leg kicks because Lamas will want to take him down, but that stepping/counter knee to the body, that would be money against Lamas.

knees are more likely to get you taken down then low kicks.

It's just my opinion though

Oh I agree I'd favor Cerrone to - its just that Lamas might be the only one at 145 whose size and top control could be enough to grapplefuck Cerrone.

Sorry for the long post. I get carried away when talking about fights and who I think will win and why and all that crap.

Its what we are here for. Nice to see sb get worked up about match ups and not about who is the goatiest or some such bs.

Back