How Would Aldo Do Against Siver?

Just because Fighter A is a better fighter than Fighter B, doesn't means he need to finish Fighter C faster than B.

If this logic is true,
Rob Emerson is a better fighter than Jose Aldo because he KOed Manny Gamburyan in 12s while Aldo took 2 rounds.
Ryan Jimmo is a better fighter than Cro Cop because he KOed Anthony Perosh in 6s while Cro Cop took 2 rounds.
KZ is better fighter than Jose Aldo because he KOed Mark Hominick in 7s while Aldo took 5 rounds.

Hey wait? Didn't KZ lose to Jose Aldo? *insert massive sarcasm.*

This logic is SHIT

1st round stoppage easy. even in a 5 round where Aldo is smart enough to not chase a finish.

Aldo would beat him easily. Connor showed he is a top fighter he outclassed him from round 1 to the end. Connor is better then 99 per cent of the fighters in that division. Hes five fights showed the skill level Connor has over the fighters in UFC. All five got beat easily Connor did not even have a cut or bruise.

Who is the last top 5 fighter that got finished by Cerrone?

Aldo has finished some of the best in the business, Cerrone has not. Therefore Aldo is a better finisher then Cerrone (six percent difference in finishing quota don't change this).

Aldo's last legitimate finish was in 2012. That 'finish' over KZ, yeah, taking advantage of your opponents' injury.. great finish right there!

Aldo was a better finisher than Cerrone.. 5-7 years ago.

Sure, Aldo is fighting the #1 contender over and over, but he has only finished 1 guy in the past 3 years out of his 6 UFC fights.

Cerrone has finished 8 of his opponents out of his 17 UFC fights. And it's not like Cerrone is fighting cans or something either. He's fought a lot of very tough guys in the UFC and has finished some pretty talented fighters and he's done it very, very impressively.

You should start living in the present and realize that today, Cerrone is overall, the better finisher. Aldo was mauling everybody 5-7 years ago, but today, he has only put down one guy. Cerrone has knocked out and submitted quite a few guys since coming to the UFC.

94150-live-in-the-now-gif-Waynes-Wor-dW2T.gif

Siver is pretty tough. I think he eats a solid beating for 2 rounds at least.

It would last 1 or 2 rounds, but he would make Siver look worse than Hominick.

I'm not sure, but he has dominated much better fighters than Dennis Siver or anybody else CM has faced...

Probably a TKO in the 3rd round or very early 4th. I can't see it going the distance.

aldo is a much slower starter. But when he gets going,the fight is usually over.

Lol at people talking shit. Look at how many current champions are finishing fights, its tough to finish the best of the best constantly.

Even Jon Jones hasn't finished anyone in a while. Fighting the number one guy all the time is tough. He would finish Siver in 3 rounds.

realize that today, Cerrone is overall, the better finisher

That's BS Cerrone has never finished a top 5 fighter. If Aldo would fight ppl like Guillard, Dunham, Martins, Barboza, Miller (and I mean their FW equivalent ) he would finish them.

If Cerrone fought ppl like Edgar, Mendez and Lamas he probably wouldn't finish them - he also would lose a couple of these fights.

Subject been done to death in the bazzillion other Connor threads.

Aldo wouldnt fight Siver....because Siver would never sniff a title shot at the champ to begin with.

That's BS Cerrone has never finished a top 5 fighter. If Aldo would fight ppl like Guillard, Dunham, Martins, Barboza, Miller (and I mean their FW equivalent ) he would finish them.

If Cerrone fought ppl like Edgar, Mendez and Lamas he probably wouldn't finish them - he also would lose a couple of these fights.

:icon_conf

So in order to be considered a good finisher, you have to finish top 5 guys and only top 5 guys or else it doesn't count.

I'd love to see Cerrone vs. Lamas just because I know Cerrone would kick the living shit out of him. I can't stand that guy, and honestly, I don't even know why I dislike him. I just do, lol.

:icon_conf

So in order to be considered a good finisher,
you have to finish top 5 guys and only top 5 guys or else it doesn't count.

No and Cerrone is a good finisher in my book. But finishing a couple of top 5 fighters >> finishing none. How is that even debatable.

I'd love to see Cerrone vs. Lamas just because I know Cerrone would kick the living shit out of him. I can't stand that guy, and honestly, I don't even know why I dislike him. I just do, lol.

Cerrone is a big 155er but I still think Lamas could grapple fuck him to a decision.
I was kind of meh towards Lamas - but his video was gold ( compared to the fighters usual standard when trash talking ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back