Rumored How Would A Nunes Vs. Claressa Shields Fight Go?

Women's boxing isn't the best but Shields would beat the shit out of Nunes, too big. too skilled

Not only is women's boxing trash but Shield's division is even more trash because there aren't many women that big. Hard to tell how actually skilled she is. I do know she's been knocked down by less powerful punchers than Nunes.

Not only is women's boxing trash but Shield's division is even more trash because there aren't many women that big. Hard to tell how actually skilled she is. I do know she's been knocked down by less powerful punchers than Nunes.
From her amateur career through professional, I've seen enough to know she could overwhelm Nunes by sheer volume of punches. In a boxing match, Shields would batter Nunes for 10 rounds

From her amateur career through professional, I've seen enough to know she could overwhelm Nunes by sheer volume of punches. In a boxing match, Shields would batter Nunes for 10 rounds

She could also get KO'd. She's never faced anyone with that kind of power. Her resume is severely lacking. I'm sure she's overwhelmed tons of tomato cans.

It's one thing for Conor to fight Floyd, but this chick hasnt fought anyone.

I think Nunes takes her down easily and subs her in under a round. Would she try and test herself on the feet with a 2 time Olympic gold medalist? I just don't see her as that stupid, but we've seen it before. ATT would put a great game plan to get her in and out with a W as quickly as possible.

How would kicks factor into striking, something Shields isn't used too. Could Nunes realistically win a kickboxing match? I've only seen Shields on YouTube sparring with Cyborg, but she looked pretty sick. But Amanda has crazy power - I could definitely see her KO Shields.

I don't see this fight actually happening, but it's probably the most interesting fight at both weight classes for Nunes. How does everyone else feel about this hypothetical superfight?

in a cage good for amanda in a ring bad for amanda.

not really, She isn't known for her power. She's a point fighter.

Ummm. Most women fights go to decision they are all point fighters except for nunes and cyborg.

Every last motherfucker coming in here knows the answer to that question

She could also get KO'd. She's never faced anyone with that kind of power. Her resume is severely lacking. I'm sure she's overwhelmed tons of tomato cans.

It's one thing for Conor to fight Floyd, but this chick hasnt fought anyone.
Be easier to say you don't follow Women's boxing and don't really know the strength of her competition.
Shields isn't getting KO'd by a 145lb woman who can't box in a boxing match.

Be easier to say you don't follow Women's boxing and don't really know the strength of her competition.
Shields isn't getting KO'd by a 145lb woman who can't box in a boxing match.

Lmao go ahead and convince us how stacked the women's middleweight division is in boxing.

Nunes can absolutely box. She has way better hands than Holly, who is one of the most accomplished female boxers in the sport. You have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't a Floyd vs. Conor scenario. Women's boxing is trash.

Lmao go ahead and convince us how stacked the women's middleweight division is in boxing.

Nunes can absolutely box. She has way better hands than Holly, who is one of the most accomplished female boxers in the sport. You have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't a Floyd vs. Conor scenario. Women's boxing is trash.
I don't recall ever once saying the division was stacked. I'm simply saying Shields would beat the shit out of Nunes if they boxed.
I wouldn't really say she has better hands than Holly, she's definitely has much more power.

Dana should go ahead and get this fight made so Nunes can take that L and we'll come back here and revisit this conversation in which you'll make several excuses for Nunes getting mauled. Nothing new.

The fight is never going to happen in either sport because Sheilds is too big for Nunes. Even though she was scheduled to move down in weight to fight for her third world title at 154 lbs that's still too big for Nunes who tops out at 145. So, it's a moot point.
Even if it weren't, Sheilds freely admitted in the interview that got all this silly buzz started that she would only beat Nunes in boxing not MMA. And, she didn't challenge Nunes either. She just responded to a question by the interviewer.

Back