How would a Lawler/Diaz rematch go?

That was 10 years ago. 2004 Lawlor wouldn't make it out of round 1 against 2014 Lawlor

Diaz has improved everywhere, and he has endless endurance. Lawler still has the same challenges to overcome, only Nick is sharper. And all the mythical beings in the universe can't save Lawler if it hits the ground; it could literally be over in seconds with Nick's grappling.

History has shown us that Nick was out-striking Robbie all day the first time, and rocked him earlier in the fight before finishing him.

History has also shown us that in fact Lawler cannot take what Diaz can dish out, and while Robbie has improved, so has Diaz.

People are letting the close fight with Condit and loss to GSP cloud their minds. The Condit decision was highly contentious, and GSP is GSP.

10 years ago....

10 years ago....

And Nick has only become more dangerous.

He also did what no one else could do, including Melvin fucking Manhoef - stop Lawler with strikes, and it wasn't luck - he was putting it to him the whole time before that, even talking shit and mocking Robbie; it's not like it was close.

I get it: Condit brought a bicycle to the fight, GSP GSP'd, Nick hasn't fought in a while, and Lawler has looked good.

...Nick is still a motherfucker to fight, regardless.

And Nick has only become more dangerous.

He also did what no one else could do, including Melvin fucking Manhoef - stop Lawler with strikes, and it wasn't luck - he was putting it to him the whole time before that, even talking shit and mocking Robbie; it's not like it was close.

I get it: Condit brought a bicycle to the fight, GSP GSP'd, Nick hasn't fought in a while, and Lawler has looked good.

...Nick is still a motherfucker to fight, regardless.

Gotten more dangerous by not fighting? Robbie has been actively making himself better by fighting the best WW has to offer. He has fought 4 times since Nick's last fight. 5 wins since Nick's last win.

On top of that he did MUCH better in his 5 round fight than Nick did.

Gotten more dangerous by not fighting? Robbie has been actively making himself better by fighting the best WW has to offer. He has fought 4 times since Nick's last fight. 5 wins since Nick's last win.

On top of that he did MUCH better in his 5 round fight than Nick did.

Ignorance doesn't make you right.

Also, GSP would handle Lawler.

I think you're fucking with me March 2014.

Back