How would a Lawler/Diaz rematch go?

thewhiteSRR

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lawler is destroying guys and Nick has been benched for a while. Would it even be competitive?

Nick would still be a nightmare for Lawler, I reckon. His skills have also improved since they last fought.

I think it'd still be an awesome fight...Diaz by KO

Since Lawler don't kick and run, Diaz easy, Diaz will beat anyone standing and willing to fight

Diaz will light his assss up all night.
Then again.. i am mind fucked after Barao lost to Dillashaw..

50/50.

I don't know how you people ride Diaz that hard. How long has it been since he has fought?

In 3 rounds, I have Lawlor winning comfortably. He is so technical and intelligent in his fighting now. Hendricks and Ellenberger with their power couldn't hurt him -so neither will nick- and he has the wrestling and the gas tank to mix up striking, moving and takedowns to win an easy decision. Hell, he might even have the power to stop Nick

I think Lawler stomps him in a three rounder.

History his shown us the first KO was just a perfectly placed shot.

Lawler is tough enough to take what Nick dishes out and give back enough to hurt him.

He's a veteran now, a huge WW and hungry as hell.

Best fight that could happen at WW imo. That or Lawler vs Condit. I like both fighters but Im leaning slightly towards Lawler. 51/49 in favor of Robbie.

Styles make match ups and Nick is a bad one for Robbie all day, everyday. Of course the flash KO is always a possibility but I think Nick takes it 9/10 with a TKO.

This is a fight that should be made for #1 contender status and I could maybe see Nick accepting it but who knows, it seems he is content just being a bum wasting away his prime years so I won't lose sleep on whether or not this match up gets made.

Before lawlers last two fights, I'd still go Diaz. After Hendrix and Jake, I think Diaz gets obliterated.

In 3 rounds, I have Lawlor winning comfortably. He is so technical and intelligent in his fighting now. Hendricks and Ellenberger with their power couldn't hurt him -so neither will nick- and he has the wrestling and the gas tank to mix up striking, moving and takedowns to win an easy decision. Hell, he might even have the power to stop Nick

Nick is the only person to stop Lawler with strikes in his entire career.

I'll forgive you if you're trolling, right after I take the hook out of my cheek.

Would be a great fight.....i don't know.

I think Lawler stomps him in a three rounder.

History his shown us the first KO was just a perfectly placed shot.

Lawler is tough enough to take what Nick dishes out and give back enough to hurt him.

He's a veteran now, a huge WW and hungry as hell.

History has shown us that Nick was out-striking Robbie all day the first time, and rocked him earlier in the fight before finishing him.

History has also shown us that in fact Lawler cannot take what Diaz can dish out, and while Robbie has improved, so has Diaz.

People are letting the close fight with Condit and loss to GSP cloud their minds. The Condit decision was highly contentious, and GSP is GSP.

Nick is the only person to stop Lawler with strikes in his entire career.

I'll forgive you if you're trolling, right after I take the hook out of my cheek.

That was 10 years ago. 2004 Lawlor wouldn't make it out of round 1 against 2014 Lawlor

Lawler by whatever he pleases. I guess I watched different Diaz fights for his last few than everyone else.

Back