How would a healthy Shane Carwin..

MMA 219

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Fair right now in the HW division? I think he beats a lot of the top guys, i think Werdum and Cain would still give him a very hard time but i think he does work against most everyone else, i think he could even possibly lay out JDS. Junior has gotten sloppy with his fighting style and gets hit a lot, if Carwin landed a good one i could see him going down.

I agree. Carwin was a beast, and probably still is, if healthy and in shape. I don't think there's any need to re-focusing and re-training with him. He just does what he does

JDS, Mir, Arlovski, Stipe, i can see them all falling before Carwins massive fists

Only Cain, JDS and Werdum would be better. I miss Carwin.

Unless he's gotten a lot better in his retirement, I don't see how he's a serious contender today (even in his prime, he was a lower-top-10 guy, and probably overrated even there).

I agree. Carwin was a beast, and probably still is, if healthy and in shape. I don't think there's any need to re-focusing and re-training with him. He just does what he does

JDS, Mir, Arlovski, Stipe, i can see them all falling before Carwins massive fists

Yea i couldn't agree more, if he is feeling healthy he really should come back, the HW division could really use a guy like him right now. Bring him back and throw him against the winner of AA/Mir

top 4

Unless he's gotten a lot better in his retirement, I don't see how he's a serious contender today (even in his prime, he was a lower-top-10 guy, and probably overrated even there).

What?

I could be wrong but it wouldnt be to crazy to see carwin KTFO big foot and arlovski. A mark hunt fight would be epic but there is no way 8-9 other heavies are better fighters

Last edited:

Yea i am gonna have to disagree with you buddy, Shane was legit and i think even today he would beat most the top 10. Right now if he was healthy i could see him beating Overeem, AA, Hunt, Mir, Browne, Big Nog, Struve, and even JDS. And he would have a chance against werdum and cain forsure. If that guy lands clean on anyone they are going to sleep

The sad part is, we never even got to see prime Carwin. Apparently he was pretty beaten up from wrestling & football, and came into the UFC with a really fucked up back, neck problems, etc.

Guy was definitely a beast, wish we could have seen him in the UFC right away instead of football. As it was, he was still pretty goddamn good.

What?

I could be wrong but it would be to crazy to see carwin KTFO big foot and arlovski. A mark hunt fight would be epic but there is no way 8-9 other heavies are better fighters

I think you're seriously overestimating both how good he was in his prime and how much he has likely declined.

Yea i am gonna have to disagree with you buddy, Shane was legit and i think even today he would beat most the top 10. Right now if he was healthy i could see him beating Overeem, AA, Hunt, Mir, Browne, Big Nog, Struve, and even JDS. And he would have a chance against werdum and cain forsure. If that guy lands clean on anyone they are going to sleep

I think at his best, he was a Nelson/Rothwell-level fighter. Today, I'd comfortably pick Rosholt over him. What was Carwin's third-best win?

Lower top 10 guy? He lost to JDS when JDS was just running through people and Brock. A t the time they were both he best that the HWT division had to offer.... Everyone else got KO'd in less than a round.

Assuming he'd be the same as before, he could beat anyone. Easily top 5, possibly beats even Cain and JDS.

I think you're seriously overestimating both how good he was in his prime and how much he has likely declined.

I think at his best, he was a Nelson/Rothwell-level fighter. Today, I'd comfortably pick Rosholt over him. What was Carwin's third-best win?

wowowow now you are going a little too far Rosholt? and lets see he beat a prime mir and gonzaga, and had brock beat but got latic acid shock (which if you have never had it before it is the worst thing on Earth) and went 3 full rounds with Junior. And he is not just some KO artist he was a NCAA divsion 2 national champion in wrestling, he was a well rounded athlete.

THIS ^^ Well said, Sir!

Carwin was a lot like Ubereem when he was a top fighter,

without juice I'm not sure he gets KO's as readily as he was getting them for a time. He was a good fighter, it would have been interesting to see him fight Ubereem.

This thread pops up every 2 months. People in love with beach muscles claim he was the best thing ever; including Carwin himself. After getting schooled by JDS he claimed he almost beat him and JDS was saved by the bell. Delusional as fuck. He always said he was in his best shape ever and after he would lose he had all kinds of injuries. He would probably crack the top 10, but would get tooled by Werdum, Cain, JDS, Stipe, Arlovski, Rothwell and probably even EcoReem and Browne. He was tight from all the weight lifting, slow and his only weapon was his right hand.

you have a point in he probably isnt in fighting condition now, but if he was at least as good as he was hes top 4-5 for sure.

his gas tank is pretty good despite that brock loss. getting beatin on will drain you alot and he was game in that JDS fight for 3 rounds. so his gas tank is above the average heavy weights

This thread pops up every 2 months. People in love with beach muscles claim he was the best thing ever; including Carwin himself. After getting schooled by JDS he claimed he almost beat him and JDS was saved by the bell. Delusional as fuck. He always said he was in his best shape ever and after he would lose he had all kinds of injuries. He would probably crack the top 10, but would get tooled by Werdum, Cain, JDS, Stipe, Arlovski, Rothwell and probably even EcoReem and Browne. He was tight from all the weight lifting, slow and his only weapon was his right hand.

no one is a shane carwin fan because of his muscles man.

Back