How Would a Fight between Tyron Woodley and Hector Lombard go Down?

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
2 absolute monsters with big Ko Power that tend to gas after a Round 1, who do you pick?

mont_ufc_95.jpg

Woodley, obviously, being that he's the GOAT and all.

I would take Lombard and I am not a fan of his

Woodley never wanted that fight for a reason

pre USADA Hector wrecks him. Post USADA Tyron wins.

I remember reading that Lombard used to beat up on Woodley in training, and that was why Woodley didn't want to fight him. Woodley pulled out the "teammate" card when they were trying to make that fight. But I may have read it on this forum, so could mean shit... I would still take Lombard though

Woodley doesn't have the chin, recovering ability or the heart to withstand the initial Lombard onslaught like Hendo and Magny did. Also Hector can definitely take anything Woodley dishes out after seeing him eat several flush H-bombs while staying on his feet, assuming his chin isn't cracked due to his last two losses and he takes enough time off to recover which he will. Woodley can also not wrestlefuck Hector.

Terrible style matchup for Tyrone. He did in fact duck him for a good reason.

On one hand, Lombard has a really good chance he's going to gas because that's what he does. On the other hand, Woodley is black. Would either of them make it to round 4?

They should have already fought. I've always been a fan of Tyron, not surprised at all he beat Lawler but I still think Hector is a bad matchup for him which is why he was so against fighting him.

Which version of Lombard? Pre suspension Lombard will most likely win but "After party encounter with Olympic track star" Lombard version gets KOed

Hector is a known juicer and got KTFO by Hendo who uses TRT.

Nobody cared about Hector then. He is not relevant now.

They should have already fought. I've always been a fan of Tyron, not surprised at all he beat Lawler but I still think Hector is a bad matchup for him which is why he was so against fighting him.

Stipe avoided Rothwell
Conor avoids Aldo
Bisping avoiding his division

Stipe avoided Rothwell
Conor avoids Aldo
Bisping avoiding his division
I don't think Stipe or Conor are avoiding those guys. Stipe got injured than got other fights. Conor already knocked out Aldo. Bisping on the other hand...

You said you would delete your account bro. Also Woodley would kill lombard

Lombard. Aggressive, fast hands, hits hard – and we all know how Woodley reacts when pressured. Also too good in the clinch for Woodley to buy time by smothering him against the cage.

Honestly, I don't think Lombard's days as a top contender are finished. Mangy loss was a bit of an upset and he was foolish to take Hendo a weight class up in hopes of an easy name win, but he still poses big problems for a lot of the top guys at 170 lbs.

Probably unlikely to perform against lanky fighters like Rory and Womderboy, but he could easily crack the likes of Brown, Ellenberger, Gastelum, Lawler, Maia...

Back