How would a fight at hw between Jones and Werdum play out?

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both of them have been talking about each other since Saturday. I think this could be a really fascinating fight if it happens.

Jones would get wrecked by werdum right now, maybe in a few years he could after werdum slows down i beleve thats what he wants cain and werdum and jds to slow down then he will come up since he has that prime age advantage i say.imo

It would end with Jones winning and Werdum crying at the press conference.

I think Jones decisions werdum pretty easily. He stuffs the takedowns with ease and outstrikes werdum Even with werdums improved striking.

Jones would win but it would be 'unfair' somehow.

I just don't see anyone doing anything to Bones for a while

He'd have speed over Werdum and could very well be stronger too.
At least Werdum has a large frame on him and I do believe you need an athlete that can match Bones closely there

Jones wins a solid decision by avoiding the ground and outpointing Werdum on the feet.

How are sherdoggers supposed to know how a lhw vs hw fight would play out? Most of them couldn't even correctly predict the last lhw vs lhw fight.

lol @ people thinking jon would outstrike werdum

werdum is the better striker and jon wont have his height advantage

Werdum stalling for 5 rounds trying to bait Jones to the ground and losing a decision or Jones getting caught trying to play BJJ with the best guy in the world.

lol @ people thinking jon would outstrike werdum

werdum is the better striker and jon wont have his height advantage

Lol at people who lol at people thinking Jones outstrikes werdum.

Jones is an amazing fighter, but we should expect him to win, since he is so much bigger than his opponents. I doubt he would stand a chance against the bigger hw's.

The new Randy Couture Jones may be able to fence push a win. I'd pick Jones but it would be one of his toughest fights to date.

Jones also expressed interest im Werdum as an opponent did he not? Would be awesome but Werdum is going to hit a wall with age very soon.

Werdum would starch him so easy. However, if Jones were to win that fight I would swallow my pride and consider him the GOAT.

Good thing he's chicken shit and won't go to HW.

they really should set it up - its perfect because werdum is the interim champ. if jones comes up in weight - he could retain his belt and use weight as an excuse. if he beats werdum, he will get a shot at cain if he wants it. if he doesn't, the interim belt goes away.

i think this is a huge money fight - the guy that beat fedor fighting jones.

ps. i could see werdum gladly going to the ground as well.

Back