How will the UFC evolve?

Is there a reason to assume the UFC would benefit from KB and grappling, as opposed to focusing on further establishing MMA and maybe managing some rule changes?

KB promotions seem to be failing left and right and hardly anyone cares about grappling.

However, if they could just get top control downgraded as a scoring criteria, that might already benefit them a lot.

Is there a reason to assume the UFC would benefit from KB and grappling, as opposed to focusing on further establishing MMA and maybe managing some rule changes?

KB promotions seem to be failing left and right and hardly anyone cares about grappling.

However, if they could just get top control downgraded as a scoring criteria, that might already benefit them a lot.
There would have to be several rule-changes that would need to be implemented, of course. E.G. shorter grappling matches, finish-or-draw rules, etc. KB rules would also need changing.

How would you change the KB rules? Full MT with small gloves in a cage could be fun.

Regarding casual friendly grappling, I think that's a lost cause to begin with. You might as well try to make astrophysics more retard friendly.

How would you change the KB rules? Full MT with small gloves in a cage could be fun.

Regarding casual friendly grappling, I think that's a lost cause to begin with. You might as well try to make astrophysics more retard friendly.
No strike restrictions (Elbows allowed). Allow sweeps/throws/more time for clinch work.
Grappling is a difficult one to get people into, since many casuals/'Bang Bros' sigh or boo the second an MMA fight hits the ground.

There actually was a promotion a few years back that did MMA striking with takedowns but immediate stand-ups. For all I know, they went the way of the dodo rather quickly.

The finish-or-draw idea doesn't work well. Metamoris has like 75% draws, including squash matches. A scoring system encourages activity.

Have a bunch of UFC fighters train ex-criminals that have just been released from jail. The prisoners then go through an amateur TUF-type of competition where they learn to re-adjust and find passion in competition. Learn about the participants, what crimes they committed and how they aim to give back to society, win the hearts of the viewers.
The winner gets a big cash prize and a job working for the UFC.
The show will be called "Pros and Cons".

I would watch. I would hate myself for it, and I wouldn't tell anyone. But I would definitely watch.

The only thing the UFC will continue to evolve is it's production value, and social media presence.

There actually was a promotion a few years back that did MMA striking with takedowns but immediate stand-ups. For all I know, they went the way of the dodo rather quickly.

The finish-or-draw idea doesn't work well. Metamoris has like 75% draws, including squash matches. A scoring system encourages activity.
Good point. Anything that encourages aggression is what the casuals would want.

McGregor Promotions will also offer the following classes to new MMA fighters...

1. How to talk your way to an undeserved interim title shot

2. Always insinuate that you fought injured after the fact, your fans will eat that garbage up

3. How to take care of a fake championship belt

4. Wrestling is for suckers

5. In the event you have to face someone who is your kryptonite, make sure to do it when said fighter has no time to do anything but cut weight, so after they impose their will for almost 2 rounds, they will be too tired to continue, and you can finish them as they stand by the cage and don't bother defending themselves at all

6. Make sure that all your fans are clueless. And spout nonsense about how your fake belt makes you the GOAT. The more clueless fans you have, the better

7. Make sure to copy the swag of some Canadian model

Buttmad/10

Back