How will McGregor deal with the jab of Khabib?

iS4KJq5.gif

By countering it, duh.

The way he slips and counters is the best we’ve seen in mma. To have that reaction/reflex speed after slipping shots, making them miss by such small distance and stay close enough in range to counter, especially while leading and being the aggressor is crazy. Fast motherfucker.

khabibs right cross is very very very bad.
i rarely see a worse right cross like that sloppy thing from khabib and the counter left from conor is a premium strike. conor likes to use his left when someone throws the right cross or right jab.

when khabib throws that right cross torward conor khabib will get hit hard by that precise and powerfull counter left by conor.

so khabib shouldnt use his right hand at all, lol.

conor needs to trick him to get khabib to use that right cross.

<36>

That off-balance piece of shit jab looks awful. lmao

Conor's in more danger of the ceiling collapsing and knocking him out.
Khabib leaves his chin out and brings his hand back to his waist when he jabs. If Iaquinta had any kind of a right hand counter it would of been interesting. Conor would slip/parry Khabib's jab and hit him with a right jab counter.

Khabib's russian boxing will confuse Conor

Even Al talks about how effective it is

Cliffs:

Al says people say khabib had his head up, but he (Al) hits everyone, but he couldn't hit khabib--khabib was hard to hit.

Khabib's striking was good.

Al felt a step behind Khabib

Khabib's jab was good

The Russians have a different style of boxing. Al couldn't get his combos off.

Khabib leaves his chin out and brings his hand back to his waist when he jabs. If Iaquinta had any kind of a right hand counter it would of been interesting. Conor would slip/parry Khabib's jab and hit him with a right jab counter.

Most guys don't have a defensive jab at all in MMA. Even Conor doesn't. I'm more concerned by his completely absent footwork that allows a person to basically poke him and fall over.

Khabib fangirls are getting way over the top with these posts lmao.
It's quite a feat on itself to have gathered a more toxic fanbase than mcgregor but The eagle pulled it off.

So... Conor should worry about Khabib's boxing now? Wow, the Khabib nuthuggers are starting to rival Conor's…..

According to a lot of these discussions, Khabib is Ali in boxing, Rickson in BJJ and Karelin in wrestling.

I was in a "discussion" the other day on here with someone saying GSP would get devastated by Khabib. Wow, just wow.
It's not that bizarre a claim.

High level grapplers have a way of making strikers look like they can't strike for shit. When they get tired it gets worse. MMA 101.

And we've seen Conor quit when tired and hurt numerous times. Khabib can do that. Whether he will...nobody knows til fight night.

Conor is going to expose Khabib for the fraud that he is

Conor is in his own league above guys like Ferguson and Khabib. Don’t get me wrong these guys are both very good. But Conor is in a league of his own. We have literally never seen a fighter in mma as good as Conor Mcgregor is.

That is a fact and as someone who has watched mma his whole life I can tell you that Conor is going to absolutely anhilate Khabib and he will make it look so easy. Conor is also angry in this fight which is what makes it even more scary.

In terms of pound for pound skill Conor is easily above Gsp, fedor Jones etc.
Cant believe it has already been 2 yrs since you started watching mma

Yeah his striking is honestly the worst I've ever seen of a top guy. He makes Jake Shields look like a striking wizard.

Id say its on par with Ronda, but I won't go that far, hers is obviously better.

If you want to call sloppy F level striking "unorthodox" go ahead. When he throws a strike, every single aspect of the technique is wacked. He throws shit from angles that are dangerous, to himself. He is always off balance it seems when he strikes too. This isn't going to cut it against Conor.

If Khabib even has a thought about throwing one of his "drunk while playing twister" punches, Conor is slipping it and hes getting handled by Conors combos.

The real question is does Khabib have a good enough chin for Connor. If Khabib can take damage like Diaz, Connor is toast. Connors ability to take damage will not be able to withstand even half a round of Khabib level GnP so we know Connor might not survive down there. However we did see Khabib eat a Barboza spin kick and look unfazed. So we know he does have some Chin. If he has enough for round one, he kills him.

He makes Jake Shields look like a striking wizard.

Id say its on par with Ronda, but I won't go that far, hers is obviously better.
Except Khabib has never been ko'd. So he must be doing something right..

I hope you're exaggerating with the Jake and Ronda comparisons, cause Khabib's striking is way better than both of them. And he has power...

Except Khabib has never been ko'd. So he must be doing something right..

I hope you're exaggerating with the Jake and Ronda comparisons, cause Khabib's striking is way better than both of them. And he has power...

Hes never been ko'd yet. He's also a wrestler. He doesnt have power. His striking may work on guys like Al but it isn't gonna work on a guy like Conor.

People that watched Kabib fight Al an say he looked good striking....... watched a different than me. Everytime I hear how Kabib looked good striking with Al I'm like <Dylan> I mean yeah he didn't get beat on feet as Al was al was already beat up 2 rds of gnp an feared a td. Had Kabib struck with Al from start he loses the fight an Al isn't half the striker Conor is. Honestly Kabibs striking looks a small step above CM punk.

That said I think Kabib wins in 1 rd via gnp n goes in for a td in first 15 sec. But certainly wo t be his jab or anything g standing. He stands with Conor for a rd he gets slept.
This just sounds like confirmation bias with what you WANTED to see, not what actually happened. Khabib dominated the fight on the feet and on the grou d.

The way he slips and counters is the best we’ve seen in mma. To have that reaction/reflex speed after slipping shots, making them miss by such small distance and stay close enough in range to counter, especially while leading and being the aggressor is crazy. Fast motherfucker.
It's because boxing fundamentals in MMA are beyond terrible. Even a little know-how can make a guy champ.

So it looks easy with strikers. But fighting a grappler with a chin who isn't a no-camp manlet ... that'll change things.

Hes never been ko'd yet. He's also a wrestler. He doesnt have power. His striking may work on guys like Al but it isn't gonna work on a guy like Conor.
How many times have we seen good strikers look terrible against good grapplers?

Conor has never faced a guy like Khabib (not even close) but Khabib has ground numerous tough strikers to paste. Conor quits before most of those guys.

Back