How will Machida fare at MW?

Lol, there are people on here who actually believe those two statements.

Lol there are people on here who actually don't believe Machida was champ? Google not working for you or just too stupid to figure out how to use it?

Lol there are people on here who actually don't believe Machida was champ? Google not working for you or just too stupid to figure out how to use it?

Nah. I'm lulzing at your only two legitimate losses comment and top 5 lhw of all time comment. I understand he was champ, no problem there.

And reported for insulting me. Lets not be childish.

Could do great, he looked good against Davis, and I still think he won. He should have probably made the drop right after losing to Bones, but probably didn't cuz Anderson was champ.

Hell, he probably would have spent his entire career at MW if Anderson didn't exist/he wasn't teammates/buddies with him. Machida and Hendo have always been the two smallest guys at 205.

Machida could probably make 170 if he really wanted to and he wasn't already 35 years old, but that would be a pretty tough cut. He is NOT a big guy. People like Hendricks and probably Rory as well are probably close to him in fight night weight.

Lyoto goes to the head of the class, hope he pulls the trigger a little more though than he has been.

Vs Elite 185'ers:

Beats Bisping, Munoz comfortably. Would be interesting against Chael but I think Machida keeps it standing, possibly finishing him.

Jacare's improved striking won't be enough.

Anderson won't fight him and will likely retire (at least from MW) after Weidman win or lose.

Belfort - would be an awesome fight, I could see Belfort swarming him ala Shogun 2 with his bezerker power and hand speed but could also see Machida TKOing him rushing in.

Weidman - pretty hard to pick against Weidman but would be really interesting with Machidas TDD and completely different striking approach to Anderson - entirely different challenge for Chris.

I'd say top 3 when / if Andy retires.

No matter who has the title, I think he has a very good chance of being the champ.

Nah. I'm lulzing at your only two legitimate losses comment and top 5 lhw of all time comment. I understand he was champ, no problem there.

And reported for insulting me. Lets not be childish.

Oh no I was reported on the internets. Machida beat Rampage, even Rampage knew he lost that fight. Machida also beat Davis. What 5 LHW do you pick to beat Machida more than 50% of the time?

Oh no I was reported on the internets. Machida beat Rampage, even Rampage knew he lost that fight. Machida also beat Davis. What 5 LHW do you pick to beat Machida more than 50% of the time?

Well if he beat rampage then he lost to Shogun twice.
See how the game works?

Well if he beat rampage then he lost to Shogun twice.
See how the game works?

Him losing Shogun is reasonable. So 3 losses to 2 people. Him losing to Davis or Rampage is ridiculous, he won both those fights. Very strong case that Shogun beat him though. That still puts Machida at top 5 LHW all time.

I only wish he made the move sooner.

Yes, that friendship with Silva robbed the fans.

Im a little concerned about Lyoto fighting a friend. Based off my research this is the first time. I wonder if he lets up? I mean Rashad and Jones let up on each other a bit from wat I recall them saying. Or was it Jones saying it cant remember.

Him losing Shogun is reasonable. So 3 losses to 2 people. Him losing to Davis or Rampage is ridiculous, he won both those fights. Very strong case that Shogun beat him though. That still puts Machida at top 5 LHW all time.

Yup, that's how I see it. Machida lost to Shogun 2x and Jones but that's it. He beat Rampage and Davis. Machida should be 20-3 right now.

Except thats not how it is now, or ever.
Try harder fanboy.

Try harder fanboy.

lol, you are literally replying on crappy judges as your reason for what you are saying. Everyone with a brain knows who won those fights. It has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's just obvious to anyone with eyes and any knowledge of MMA.

Try harder fanboy.

So I agree with you and say it's reasonable to say Machida lost both Shogun fights and your only response is to reach for something stupid to say? And I love how you ignored the question I asked you twice now, but had time to report me, haha. Bye.

Back