How will Machida fare at MW?

He will likely be at least #3 in the division. I hope that Silva knocks out Weidman, but if that doesn't happen I'm hoping that Machida gets to fight him at some point and I would put my money on Machida (if he does well in his Munoz fight).

Dude c'mon...as if Silva and Machida haven't said enough times that they aren't going to fight eachother..

always top 3 if not champ at MW. Wrestlers are very little threat to him at LHW and will be less of a threat at MW. He took out some great fighters at 205 and is still a top contender there despite the bad decision losses he's faced.

hard to say. remember the Machida era? I mean error. People we claiming he should just vacate the lhw belt and move up to HW to fight frank mir before he even "defended" the belt against shogun.
hes going to be in the mix but I don't think he is going to have the speed advantage that he had at 205. yes he will be fast but vitor, Weidman, bisping, sonnen, jacare, okami, Lombard, could all beat him imo. it all depends on the night, Machida always has a chance but his style is not as mysterious as it once was.

He could be right up there with Weidman battling countless times for MW supremacy. :icon_lol: Hopefully at 100% because you know the MW's are there only partially.

hard to say. remember the Machida era? I mean error. People we claiming he should just vacate the lhw belt and move up to HW to fight frank mir before he even "defended" the belt against shogun.
hes going to be in the mix but I don't think he is going to have the speed advantage that he had at 205. yes he will be fast but vitor, Weidman, bisping, sonnen, jacare, okami, Lombard, could all beat him imo. it all depends on the night, Machida always has a chance but his style is not as mysterious as it once was.

IMO Machida has been crap lately with no motivation and alot of those names would get handled my Machida without a doubt.

Bisping, Sonnen, Jacare, Okami, and the fact that you put Lombard makes me question if you're trolling.

he's gonna beat munoz and then outstrike weidman if silva loses the rematch.

Champion inside 3 fights. Unless Anderson wins the belt again and their bromance cockblocks it.

Aggressive when he needs to be type Machida > Elusive when he doesn't need to be type Machida

which one cut to MW?

It depends if Silva beats Weidman though. IIRC didn't Silva and Machida both go on record saying they won't fight each other?

Machida won't have to worry about that.....It will be over quickly, Weidman is going to show us all to include Silva; that the first fight was NOT a fluke....

Machida is so overrated. I dont see him doing much at MW

Could do great, he looked good against Davis, and I still think he won. He should have probably made the drop right after losing to Bones, but probably didn't cuz Anderson was champ.

Back