How will Jon Jones operate under the new rules?

Where are those new and where are the official? Just Nevada?

Proposed Updates for the Unified Rules ABC Conference 2016

Fouls to be removed-

1. 12 to 6 elbows- All elbow strikes legal to approved targets.

2. Heel Kicks to the kidney

3. Grabbing the clavicle

Fouls to be redefined-

1. Striking the back of the head or spine- “The back of the head is defined as the area covering a 2 inch wide strip that runs down the center of the back of the head starting at the crown and running straight down the neck and spine, including the tailbone.”

2. Butting with the head- Not allowed to head or body.

3. Kicking or kneeing the head of a grounded fighter- “A grounded fighter is defined as: Any part of the body, other than a hand and feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. At this time, kicks or knees to the head will not be allowed"

Foul to be added-

4. Eye Pokes- Moving forward toward opponent with fingers outreached
In the standing position, a fighter that moves offensively toward their opponent with an open hand, fingers pointing at the opponent, will be a foul. Referees are to prevent this dangerous behavior by communicating clearly to fighters. Fighters are directed to close their fists or point their fingers straight in the air when reaching toward their opponent.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...or-eye-pokes-kicks-to-grounded-opponent-to-be

I honestly dont understand how eyepokes happen that often if theyre not intentional.

I'm 6'3 with very long reach and I palm at my sparring partners all the time bit I've never poked anyone in the eye or seen an eyepoke happen at the gym.

Are you just doing standup with big gloves? If you are palming guys in the face with MMA gloves in the gym while sparring hard, it's hard to see how nobody ever gets eyepoked.

I'm not calling you out at all, just curious.

Jones will still be able to eyepoke. With his reach, he doesn't have to 'move forward' to get the job done.

Inadaquate rule change, IMO.

Are you just doing standup with big gloves? If you are palming guys in the face with MMA gloves in the gym while sparring hard, it's hard to see how nobody ever gets eyepoked.

I'm not calling you out at all, just curious.

Nah MMA gloves, obviously there won't be eyepokes with boxing gloves lol.

We never really do hard sparring with MMA gloves though since there's barely any padding, I guess that could be a factor. But still, if you pull your wrist back its not going to be much of a problem. As long as your fingers aren't pointed forward.

There's a gif of Jon literally chasing Rampage trying to poke him in the eyes with his fingers straight forward. Its obvious he's deliberately trying to sneak in eyepokes whenever he does.

fingers4.gif

Back