** How Will Erick Silva Rebound? **

Hes a very good fighter and worth the hype. Jungle Fight champ. He has faced some extremely tough fighters in Brazil. A lot of nonsense being spoken here. He was unable to get things rolling as he took a beating that put him completely outside of his game and unable to find his range or any gas to launch a decent offense/defence - you get smashed around like that and you get gassed and that cost him movement which cost him the fight - and MAtt Brown has proven himself to be a legit badass so people talking ill of Erics performance are downplaying the performance Matt put on. He took a beating for sure and it proves he is still green. Eric has a good camp who probably blew too much smoke up his ass but they will get him back on track. I expect him to get to the top ten by end of 2015/2016 - he has been set back substantially but he has the tools no doubt about it and wont get cut anytime soon

Well I guess U can spin it anyway U want to....but I know here on Sherdog Brown was favored going in about 60-40....Just shows how little Vegas actually knows about MMA fighters...I was one of many who said Brown would walk right thru Silva - which he did easily...Had it NOT been for Silva's liver shots, I believe Silva would have endured even worse! I think

What the fuck are you talking about ts?

He took an onslaught, never quit, and came out with a clean bill of health.

He's probably down right now since it's natural with losses. But soon enough he's gonna realize that he's a superhero and become a champion eventually.

This is the problem with people that don't compete. They just wont accept that they can't rationalize certain things since they have no first-hand experience.

Dude was carried out on a stretcher, I haven't heard an update in regards to his condition.

Sink or swim?

Tough tough loss.

Will he come back stronger and learn from his mistakes or will he suffer a similar fate?

As a fan of Silva's I was as bummed as anyone he lost but I was even more impressed by him when I got home and watched it on the DVR. It seemed even more one sided in person but that liver kick was nasty and he hit him with it again. Matt Brown was pure class and humble as ever.

He's gonna get another easier fight

He needs a new camp, new cardio coach, needs to cut less weight, new skillset so he can implement a new strategy when the fight doesn't go his way....
Or he can get cut and beat cans in Jungle Fights

Ive scouted five guys who could be possible opponents for Silva and they all qualify for the typical "Indio" win. 1. Lightweight fighting at Welterweight. 2. Completely unheralded. 3. Great matchup's for Silva that will make him look like a world beater.

Justin-Edwards_144978_small_thumbnail.png

Ivan-Jorge_453810_small_thumbnail.png

Quinn-Mulhern_242515_small_thumbnail.png

Ben-Wall_290155_small_thumbnail.png

Tiequan-Zhang_87879_small_thumbnail.png

Well I guess U can spin it anyway U want to....but I know here on Sherdog Brown was favored going in about 60-40....Just shows how little Vegas actually knows about MMA fighters...I was one of many who said Brown would walk right thru Silva - which he did easily...Had it NOT been for Silva's liver shots, I believe Silva would have endured even worse! I think

Vegas odds were very odd. I had Brown as favourite and Eduardo and Cruickshank - wish I had placed money as it looks like I might have faired well

So it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that it's going to be a squash fight and then in over his head again? That's too bad. They should build this kid up.

Here is a serious question... How would Erick Silva have faired against the same six guys Matt Brown had fought leading up to the Eick Silva fight? I'm genuinely curious because I don't know myself. My gut says he would have won at least 4-5 of them if not all 6. I could be wrong. Why is Matt Brown held to a different standard as Erick Silva in the sense that Brown had TUF recognition and still took a while to develop and they are rushing Silva compared to Brown who they are doing everything in their power to keep from a title shot. Even if it is up for discussion very few people have that many UFC wins coming into a title fight. Usually only undefeated guys.

Disagree. The guys that silva beat were not as talented or good as brown's opponents

Run at the title?? How about a nice run at the top ten by stringing 2-3 wins together. win one, lose one pattern gets you nowhere.

Hence why my post was sprinkled generously with "ifs" and nothing more suggestive than that. I think Silva has the tools to make it to a title fight, but I also think he has no idea how to use those tools in a way that prevents him from getting ruined by top competition.

I don't believe he'll make a run, but with a dude as talented as Silva it isn't completely out of the question.

Well, he's got to fix his cardio first, before anything.

Poor guy probably lost a few years of his life with this fight. Who knows how much of a short term effect it will have on him.

Retire if he were smart.

So it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that it's going to be a squash fight and then in over his head again? That's too bad. They should build this kid up.

Here is a serious question... How would Erick Silva have faired against the same six guys Matt Brown had fought leading up to the Eick Silva fight? I'm genuinely curious because I don't know myself. My gut says he would have won at least 4-5 of them if not all 6. I could be wrong. Why is Matt Brown held to a different standard as Erick Silva in the sense that Brown had TUF recognition and still took a while to develop and they are rushing Silva compared to Brown who they are doing everything in their power to keep from a title shot. Even if it is up for discussion very few people have that many UFC wins coming into a title fight. Usually only undefeated guys.

DHK and Fitch were bigger fights than anyone Brown has fought, but the rest of his UFC fights have been favorable matchups for Silva imo.

What the fuck are you talking about ts?

He took an onslaught, never quit, and came out with a clean bill of health.

He's probably down right now since it's natural with losses. But soon enough he's gonna realize that he's a superhero and become a champion eventually.

This is the problem with people that don't compete. They just wont accept that they can't rationalize certain things since they have no first-hand experience.

Why is it that the people who don't compete are more realistic and accurate about the assessment of silva?
Become champion?? Not very likely

Depends on if he fixes his cardio. He was rockout out of nowhere after holding onto Brown's back and not even really scrambling and putting effort every second of back control. To me, it looked liked he was pacing himself a little bit, but then when they stand up, he's like instantly wobbly without anything happening.

I'm starting to get frustrated by fighters who fight like he did. Hurt Brown three times to the body, and did nothing, let himself get teed off on up against the cage without any slips or dodges. The first time I was hoping he wouldn't rush in after he hurt him in case it wasn't that damaging, but then the second and third time he still didn't capitalize.

Why is it that the people who don't compete are more realistic and accurate about the assessment of silva?
Become champion?? Not very likely

In the business world, people who comment and try to advice in fields that they didn't study or that they don't have experience in- we call them fools.

It's the same in sports. A person can think from the perspective of a consumer, or of a producer (or both simultaneously).

You guys will always look at it from a consumer-point of view. There's nothing you guys can do about it. No amount of gifs you post will gain you tacit knowledge in MMA.

It's the stone cold truth.

____________________ (bottom line)

In the business world, people who comment and try to advice in fields that they didn't study or that they don't have experience in- we call them fools.

It's the same in sports. A person can think from the perspective of a consumer, or of a producer (or both simultaneously).

You guys will always look at it from a consumer-point of view. There's nothing you guys can do about it. No amount of gifs you post will gain you tacit knowledge in MMA.

It's the stone cold truth.

____________________ (bottom line)

So you're the bigshot in MMA or the next big thing on TUF, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back