How will Conor go on with his life if he loses to RDA

I predict he will continuing talking smack and stay at the FW division defending his belt for a while. He will say how he has his eyes on the LW again and will be back to whop RDA's ass and take that belt he should've had the first time around.

It's not only how he'd cope mentally with a defeat, it's how he would cope with respect to his status and brand taking a bad hit. Conor has built his empire on his popularity and on being undefeated in the Octagon. If he gets wiped out by RDA, it calls into question his claim to being the rock that the company is built on, especially if the buzz for his subsequent fight is noticeably less. I fear it could be another Rousey scenario where he disappears for a while, comes back to make TV appearances, but struggles to rededicate to business again.

Bellator.jpg

He has 2 losses in his record, so he has an idea on how to deal with it, he will be back to defend his belt at 145lbs, just like BJ Penn did in the past, having another fight at 155 is not in his best interest as he might lose again and its not worthy.

By still being the FW champ?

This fight is a win-win situation for Conor.
Packing on muscle for a fight at 55 doesn't bode well for him if he decides to drop back down to 45, and he already makes a big cut.

He's confident he's going to take the 55 pound belt and he feels it's his optimal weight class. I don't think we'll see him at 145 again if he beats Dos Anjos.

It's not only how he'd cope mentally with a defeat, it's how he would cope with respect to his status and brand taking a bad hit. Conor has built his empire on his popularity and on being undefeated in the Octagon. If he gets wiped out by RDA, it calls into question his claim to being the rock that the company is built on, especially if the buzz for his subsequent fight is noticeably less. I fear it could be another Rousey scenario where he disappears for a while, comes back to make TV appearances, but struggles to rededicate to business again.

Going Ronda after a loss is probably the worst thing he could do for his image

He has 2 losses in his record, so he has an idea on how to deal with it, he will be back to defend his belt at 145lbs, just like BJ Penn did in the past, having another fight at 155 is not in his best interest as he might lose again and its not worthy.
But he wasn't a big name star with a cult following when he lost his fights. Things would be much different if RDA raped him.

Why is that sad? He WOULD still be the champ at 145. Okay, so maybe he couldn't quite make it at 155, but he's still the champ at 145.

Is he champ at 145 only cuz of size advantage? Well, then Dos Anjos should target him at 145. That would be quite funny actually.
Sadly because he will still annoy us along with his fan base. Or until he loses at 145.

Very smart move from Conor to move up to 155. If he wins then he is two division champ, great achivement. If he loses then he just lost to champ from higher weight class, goes back to 145 and still has his belt. Win/win for Conor. Only lose situation here is if he taps to arm triangle from half guard (lose in a laughable way is what I want to say)

He was asked about making 145lbs for a Brazilian website and he said there's no way he could do it.

He's talked about moving up to WW because of the IV ban.

Eh? It's not the norm now for him to do a million interviews shortly before his fight like Rousey does. Conor hasn't done a single bit of media since the press conference or even after fights.

Sadly because he will still annoy us along with his fan base. Or until he loses at 145.

Very smart move from Conor to move up to 155. If he wins then he is two division champ, great achivement. If he loses then he just lost to champ from higher weight class, goes back to 145 and still has his belt. Win/win for Conor. Only lose situation here is if he taps to arm triangle from half guard (lose in a laughable way is what I want to say)

No shame in submitting to the Bam Bam squeeze.

When Conor loses to RDA, he's going to work for Aldo
1.jpg

I know what people are saying. I mean a guy who was on welfare 3 years ago. I guess he will have to cry into his millions and millions of dollars he's made in no time at all.

That will sum it up.

How does Nick Diaz keep talking after losing back to back to NC losses?
How do Sherdoggers continue posting after they get demolished in their own thread?
How many damn licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop??

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.

"Another study by Purdue University concluded that it takes an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop using a "licking machine", while it takes an average of 252 licks when tried by 20 volunteers."

Duh--f...a 'licking machine"?

Hmm, yeah, because since the Aldo fight he hasn't stayed out of the media boasting about dethroning him. He sure does like the limelight.

By boiling himself down to beat up guys who are smaller than him and once he loses at FW his star will be well and truly fallen.

Back