How well would you do in UFC 1?

I would win easily. I have many experience talking about fighting and making smart arse comments on Sherdog and that my friends would ensure my victory.

there were none but there was no eye gouging or fish hooking allowed. that would have been a DQ, I believe. Either that or they would have waved their fingers at them and gone "tsk tsk". That would be super.
you are right on the second guess. Rorian said in "Brawl" they never had rules and were making things up as they go something like "we won't stop you from groin attacks and eye gouges but if you do it results in a fine". I am guessing Zane Frasier lost 500 $ for landing a knee to Kevin Rosier's balls

Last edited:
I would've gotten my ass handed to me with the most grace and poise you have ever witnessed.

I would probably last a minute or less haha.

Um, Ken Shamrock and Royce were in UFC 1. So, yeah it wouldn't go well for me, or anyone else posting in this retarded thread.

Almost everyone thinks they would have won UFC 1.

Interesting

you are right on the second guess. Rorian said in "Brawl" they never had rules and were making things up as they go something like "we won't stop you from groin attacks and eye gouges but if you do it results in a fine" I am guessing Zane Frasier lost 500 $ for landing a knee to Kevin Rosier's balls

I didn't know that. It's very interesting. You could win a fight that way, technically, and still be fined for it...I guess they were acknowledging it WAS poor sportsmanship but that it was a legit way to win a fight. A bit more real world.

I'd watch.

Patrick Smith fought K-1 and a bunch of other Pro kickboxing venues before UFC 1. Not sure if many people here that aren't high level Pros are at the K-1 level. Granted that he lost his K-1 fights and his ground game at that time probably wasn't that great, he still has good power.

Has anyone watched those early events recently? Big John was so goddamn incompetent, with a number of criminally negligent late-stoppages. It's a miracle no one died. Especially when you consider the size discrepancies and the almost total lack of rules.

My strategy would be to get an enema before the fight so that when they take me to the trauma ward, I don't have shit in my pants.

Has anyone watched those early events recently? Big John was so goddamn incompetent, with a number of criminally negligent late-stoppages. It's a miracle no one died. Especially when you consider the size discrepancies and the almost total lack of rules.

My strategy would be to get an enema before the fight so that when they take me to the trauma ward, I don't have shit in my pants.

they were in a learning period, just like us. I do think that Royce was a sick fuck though. He enjoyed injuring people. I always hated the person but respected the fighter for that reason.

and that's a pretty sound strategy by the way.

you are right on the second guess. Rorian said in "Brawl" they never had rules and were making things up as they go something like "we won't stop you from groin attacks and eye gouges but if you do it results in a fine". I am guessing Zane Frasier lost 500 $ for landing a knee to Kevin Rosier's balls

All strikes to the eyes (like finger jabs), nuts, throat, back of the head, spine, pressure points, etc. were legal.

Not legal were biting, fish-hooking and eye gouging. But they didn't DQ nor stop the fight. You get fined $1000 per incident, but can still win the fight through using these illegal moves and if you win the entire competition...it was like $50k-60k (minus the fines). This was an enormous amount of money for any Martial Artist back then, who usually made shit. Still is a lot for many UFC fighters today even.

Patrick Smith fought K-1 and a bunch of other Pro kickboxing venues before UFC 1. Not sure if many people here that aren't high level Pros are at the K-1 level. Granted that he lost his K-1 fights and his ground game at that time probably wasn't that great, he still has good power.

slight correction Pat had great ground game if it involved Scott Morris :icon_chee. and then Patrick made even more history by later in that same night being the first guy to lose to Royce by GNP from in the mount

Who did Royce injure on purpose?

not sure if he was trying to injure most opponents on purpose. he was only holding the RNC or armbar to make sure the ref knew his opponent tapped. he did not want another Shamrock situation happening where the ref does not see the tap. the only two that might have been personal hate are Gerard Gordeau who bit Royce on the ear during a clinch Royce later would say "he bit me so i punish him". lastly the Gracie's were upset that there student Jason Delucia was competing in ufc 2

I've been doing no gi BJJ off and on for about 10 years, black belt in TKD and wrestled in high school. With our far more advanced knowledge of nutrition and the importance of cardio, I think that I'd do well with enough steroids.

I think I could beat the guy from the "totally nude steak house"

Im a 6'8" 400 pounder with a blue belt in BJJ and a boxing backgrond....id be destroyed by most of the people still probably but I think I could've held my own against even beat, Art Jimmerson (considering the gloves) or Teila Tuli (considering I know how to punch better than him)

I think I would put up a good fight, but I wouldn't win. I don't think my BJJ technique is good enough to take out 300 pounders punching me in the face while in my guard. Now if I got lucky and was able to get top control, then I'm sure I can end it. I also think my striking is good, but I couldn't say I wouldn't get caught. Those guys are huge and one solid punch from a guy like Tank would leave me sleeping for a week.

Back