How well do you think ufc 246 is being marketed?

Well in the past week I've seen ads for it on TV, Facebook, and Instagram

so they're pushing it now but prior to this nothing.

It seems like they have up the advertising lately.

ESPN really took advantage of advertising it more than few times during the national championship game and also saw it on the ESPN ticker constantly now. Other bowl games I remember seeing some spots also.

In the end, we'll never really know how well it does.

P.S.: I can't wait until these advertisers/sponsors really start pushing the streaming services harder to get the numbers, you know it's coming. It's the hottest topic in that marketing field right now.

If Conor can draw over 200k with this little promotion then he should demand ownership of the UFC or he will go to Bellator

Its one of the very worst PPVs in combat sports history. Only so much they can do promote it.

I think you are on the right track. I see Dana using this as a win/win scenario always ending in his favor. If Conor by himself can sell he's got a legit cash cow back in his stables which is exactly what I think ESPN was banking on from the start. That will now give Dana more operating leverage to be able to offer more incentives to his fighters and will it will burst the current profit model for at least the next year or two in a positive fashion.

On the other hand if it doesn't sell big numbers he still has the biggest name in MMA back for showcase and he can use that against Conors and any other fighters overinflated demands for more pay, which of course is going to make the big wigs content that they can rake in profits at a relatively low cost.
Makes sense that the UFC wants it to fail to save money in the long run?? Greasy move

Makes sense that the UFC wants it to fail to save money in the long run?? Greasy move

don't get me wrong, I dont necessarily think they want it to fail. Let's just say they are already starting the year ahead considering this is the first event 3 weeks into the year so in the dire event of a "fail" it will not be hard to absolve any hypothetical losses very quickly going forward

don't get me wrong, I dont necessarily think they want it to fail. Let's just say they are already starting the year ahead considering this is the first event 3 weeks into the year so in the dire event of a "fail" it will not be hard to absolve any hypothetical losses very quickly going forward
It’s almost like they’re thinking, “throw Conor on, bring up ppv sales while getting him a win, reopening the door for huge ppv later this year.”

Already looking past this card to the Jones/Valentina card. If I could only tune in to watch the main event, I would. That's how much this card excites me.

I’ve heard and seen almost zero buzz or ads. UFC banking hard of McGregor’s name alone to bring in the numbers. Or perhaps they’re hoping to weaken his bargaining power by putting him on a weak card and not promoting it so they can point to lower ppv sales in future negotiations.

Don't need to waste money doing that Conor is on the card it will sell its self.

Don't need to waste money doing that Conor is on the card it will sell its self.

Kinda missing the point, even if the casuals are still interested in him if they don't know he's fighting they won't be buying the card.

Already looking past this card to the Jones/Valentina card. If I could only tune in to watch the main event, I would. That's how much this card excites me.
You realize there's a way to do that though right?

I only get a whiff of it when I go to specialty places (MMA forums, fighter twitter accounts, ESPN MMA youtube channel, etc.). But nothing on the normie front. No one's mentioning it.

Conor didn't want to do promotion. It's usually his one-liners that go viral and cause a buzz. With him being a lot more subdued than usual and only wanting to do fight week promotion there isn't much to work with. There's no storyline between them for fans to latch onto and Cerrone seems just happy to be there. Other than the ads I don't really see what UFC could do.

Similar to Rousey/Nunes for me. Clear emphasis on one big star returning and not so much about the other fighter.

At least Nunes was champ at the time, the marketing hasn't really shown any chance Cowboy has against Conor from what I've seen.

If I didn't regular Sherdog I wouldn't know there was a ppv this weekend

Its been a complete fail in terms of marketing

Back