How well do you like your boss?

With that ^. Could go to another hospital but my boss is great and I like working for her. She's kept me there with her attitude. I've Todd her as much. Not her bosses though; if they get the impression she's effective and fair they'll replace her with a moron.

ETA: dangit, equus!

My boss is cool but she can be annoying too. She's sort of a micro-manager. Her boss, who is the head of our department, is way cooler. I'm assuming it's because he is a man ^_^

My old boss was totally corporate. She'd hear of some disagreement and have heartfelt talks with people using expressions like, "How are you going to own the moment?"

One of the last times I had to deal with her, I shut the office door and asked her to speak like a real human does to another.

My old boss was totally corporate. She'd hear of some disagreement and have heartfelt talks with people using expressions like, "How are you going to own the moment?"

One of the last times I had to deal with her, I shut the office door and asked her to speak like a real human does to another.

That's hilarious.

I'd almost wish my current one talked like that, just for shits and giggles.

Mine talks with a husky bedroom voice 24/7. It's actually very soothing.

It's not unlike Angie Harmon...

[YT]F8DpUgEzNjI[/YT]

If the guy I used to work for was dying of dehydration in the middle of the desert I wouldnt give him a glass of water thats how much I hate that prick. Dude went out of his way to be a complete douche everyday. Must have been because he was 40 and still working in fast food

My bosses aren't bad, but I have a ton of them. Hard to go into work not knowing which one you're going to work with because I have to operate differently depending.

two of them are poor managers

one is pretty good

She's awesome. There is only two of us (small business) and we've basically become best friends. There's a 19 year difference but we don't even notice anymore.

I get asked a lot if I'm her daughter though, hahaha.

my boss checks to see if im on the internet everytime he walks by. fuck him

think a lot of the people that work with me are dumb as shit,

am indifferent to them existing so long as they don't get in my way or make my job harder

personally like all my coworkers, but from 7-5 its all business and they can be a chore

Quick update:

My boss has gone to bat for me yet again, and has recently given me the highest possible pay increase an employee can get under her.

edit: Oh forgot that she gave me a massage last week, and bought several of us lunch this week for doing a good job.

She has to work hard to even put a dent in my positive image of her.

Last edited:
hey took me to 3 mlb playoff games and a world series game this year for free.

so a lot.

You have to differentiate between your "boss" (your direct supervisor or manager) and the president/dept manager of the company. My direct reports are usually pretty cool and understanding, to a point. CEOs, presidents, and even upper management are usually two-faced dicks.

You have to differentiate between your "boss" (your direct supervisor or manager) and the president/dept manager of the company. My direct reports are usually pretty cool and understanding, to a point. CEOs, presidents, and even upper management are usually two-faced dicks.

My hospital's president is personable in one on one chats, and my first department manager (head of my department across the entire health system) personally gave me a scholarship when I was still in school, followed my progress as I slowly moved up the ranks, and got me a fancy lunch when I was fully credentialed. We even shot the shit whenever we saw each other, compared martial arts stories, and even did super light sparring in his office lol.

My new department manager is ALWAYS shooting the shit with everyone, is very personable, has gone to bat for us, and even personally saw to my care for a minor health issue prior to him taking over as department head.

I feel sorry for you if you're so cynical about higher ups out of experience. The past few years for me have been great.

My boss just retired, he's down to part time now so I guess not really retired but no longer my boss. So in a sense I'm my own boss at the moment.

Really nice guy but couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

My hospital's president is personable in one on one chats, and my first department manager (head of my department across the entire health system) personally gave me a scholarship when I was still in school, followed my progress as I slowly moved up the ranks, and got me a fancy lunch when I was fully credentialed. We even shot the shit whenever we saw each other, compared martial arts stories, and even did super light sparring in his office lol.

My new department manager is ALWAYS shooting the shit with everyone, is very personable, has gone to bat for us, and even personally saw to my care for a minor health issue prior to him taking over as department head.

I feel sorry for you if you're so cynical about higher ups out of experience. The past few years for me have been great.

If you're a doctor or on the track to be a higher position in the company, then sure the big bosses take care of you. But the rank and file and pretty much everyone else is shat on. Shooting the shit isn't the same as actually caring about you. If it came down to it, you'd be looking for a new job. I may sound cynical but my experiences aren't as bad as all that. I'm just amazed you people have such a positive view of upper management, and Dana in particular considering the way he's treated fighters.

I like her but i dont trust her. "Do not trust" should be an option. Imo a boss can never be a real friend

My boss is a typical bureaucrat (agrees with the last person he talked to, attends every meeting and conference call in sight, all about spreadsheets, ticketing and checkboxes, lacking in techical knowledge about the domain over which he manages).

But he's also a good guy who will generally go to bat for you and isn't a hardass.

The fact he works in another province makes it tolerable.

Back