How well do you like your boss?

Thai Otoshi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Due to me working in several departments at my job, I actually have several bosses, but my "main" supervisor is the one that inspired me to make this thread.

She's awesome. She just lets me do my work with minimal supervision, has gone to bat for me on several occasions, gives me no issues with worker's comp claims, gave me an uber raise last year, buys me lunch on days when I do a particularly good job, and most recently, gave me no issues with regards to taking time off to see to a recent health issue, even though I was working in an area where I had 0 coverage on those days.

Some of my friends from other hospitals do NOT have the same feelings about their own bosses, so I feel pretty lucky.

You?

Couple years back, my boss was an RN, and sided with nurses no matter what.
Now my boss is emphatically not an RN, and actually supports her staff.
My boss is great!

Love my boss and everyone I work with tbh

you're not the boss of me, i'm my own boss, I created me.

My boss is awesome.

Im getting the shit micromanaged out of me...literally was told when I'm allowed to go take a shit...so kind of hate my boss right now.

My boss is awesome as heck, bro.

She trusts me completely; I can pretty much get away with anything, except I'm not a jackass.

My boss is cool. He just comes and goes as he pleases and doesn't really bother me. If I need time off, I just ask and he says OK. Its all good.

Im getting the shit micromanaged out of me...literally was told when I'm allowed to go take a shit...so kind of hate my boss right now.

LMAO

I made this joke about a friend a while back. He had to document his actions and whereabouts down to the minute. He literally couldn't take a shit without documenting it. It was funny and sad at the same time.

My bosses suck. They all have never done the job and all have been hired from outside the department I work in or have been hired within the department with little to no experience.

Most of my bosses suck. I did have a decent one a while back but they moved him out. The one I have now is a snivelly little bitch. He tries really hard to not give me a hard time but sometimes his micromanaging style comes out.

I had one guy that would try to rule with intimidation and yelling. Guy was old but could bench teh 350. He tried to intimidate everyone and bully people around. I would fuck with him though. He hated when you would call in sick or were "late" to work. To him even if you were a couple of minutes late one time you had attendance issues.

Dude would literally stand at the door with a notepad taking notes to see who was late that day. Then he would berate you later in the day and at end of year evaluations he would mention that you were late that one time so you don't deserve a raise or a good evaluation.

He hated people using earned sick leave. He hated when guys wives or women were pregnant. He hated that people wanted off for the birth of their child. I took six weeks off to piss him off and because my wife had a c section. She needed help around the house and with the baby.

When you would call sick he would yell at you and tell you that you're not dedicated enough. That you don't give a shit about the job. Lol. I would call and when he would start yelling I would just say so are you denying me my earned sick leave or can I use it? He would say I'll take care of it. And continue yelling. I didn't let him. After he said I could use leave I just say bye and hang up right away so he couldn't yell. It would piss him off so bad. He tried calling me back to continue yelling once. As soon as I answered I said are you calling me back to tell me I'm good to go on my leave and he said your good and try to start yelling again. As he was yelling I said ok good I'll see you tomorrow and hang up as soon as he began yelling again.

That guy was a total prick. I sprained my ankle in jiu jitsu one night. My ankle was a mess. I couldn't sleep that night due to the pain. So as soon as I woke up I called this douche bag to tell him I'm going to the doc. He was pissed. I went to the doc that day and when I was done I stopped by the office to give him my dr excuse and do a few things I really needed to finish up. It was already the end of the day. I went into his office and showed him my ankle. He said it looked nasty. When I gave him the dr note all it said was under my care for the date. He was all I need more than this. What ligaments were torn. What kind of care did he give you. I told him he could call my dr to find out because I don't know that shit. I also reminded him of HIPA. He went off on HIPA and started yelling about how corrupt doctors were and they were all scumbags and all sorts of shit. That guy was crazy.

He even tried to bow up to a little guy that was on workers comp. Anyone who took workers comp was a loser to him. Anyway this little guy was a pain in the ass but he was truly hurt. Anyway the boss tried to intimidate him and even stood up and slammed the table. The little guy yelled for help and called the cops right then and said he was being attacked, lol.

The thing is this supervisor used workers comp to get himself a shoulder surgery. He was 50+ years old and always lifted heavy as shit, even after he was told by his dr to take it easy. Guy was lifting heavy as shit a few weeks after his shoulder surgery. His arm was still in a sling and he was doing weighted pull ups and benching teh 275. Soon after he needed shoulder replacement surgery. He got "hurt at work", though. We all knew he was full of shit.

LMAO

I made this joke about a friend a while back. He had to document his actions and whereabouts down to the minute. He literally couldn't take a shit without documenting it. It was funny and sad at the same time.

Thank god it isn't that bad.

I was working on something and stopped for like 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, then finish my work in like 5 minutes after I'm done. Nobody was waiting for me or anything like that. I came in today tho and my supervisor said they were grilling him on it asking why I stopped right there and what I was doing.

On top of that they are being extremely anal about how we are writing our reports. They want us to do it exactly like the Arizona branch (which is closing in a few months...) except for none us are doing it like that because it's absolutely retarded.

My boss is great. I like my whole management chain up through the CIO. It would make leaving hard, even though I could probably make more money elsewhere.

My manager is a flake with a ton of personal problems. I don't know what's wrong with him, but there are a lot of rumours flying around the office, some more salacious than others. I have to constantly be all over him to approve stuff (I work in a very bureaucratic environment) and he has attendance issues.

My director, on the other hand, is fantastic. He's relatively new to the position but is completely professional, no bullshit, is very respectful and not condescending, and keeps me on track. I'd rather report directly to him than to my manager.

Ya know, as far as being a boss goes the guy's great. He gives me plenty of opportunities and is super chill, if I need time off I get it just like that, etc. But at the same time he has a kind of tool personality outside of the workplace. Which shouldn't be a problem as I don't ever hang out with him outside the workplace, but just seeing his Facebook posts or hearing him talk about it kinda rubs me the wrong way. Still, it's his performance as a boss that counts I guess.

Option 1 seems too strong, but option 3 is too weak. Somewhere between those two.

It's much closer to 1 than 3 for me. I generally work with great people whom I really like, including my bosses.

He's a bit of a knob. He's that guy who always smiles in your face then talks shit behind your back. People call him Smithers though because he's all over the big bosses nuts. Worst thing is he's competent and always has solutions to every problem.

But then he's hands off for the most part and gives credit where it's due. Always willing to help people out if they need time off or need to borrow a company vehicle or whatever (Just he'll tell everyone in the shop about your shit, usually spinning it so you come out looking like an aids infested coke addict)

My bosses suck. They all have never done the job and all have been hired from outside the department I work in or have been hired within the department with little to no experience.

Most of my bosses suck. I did have a decent one a while back but they moved him out. The one I have now is a snivelly little bitch. He tries really hard to not give me a hard time but sometimes his micromanaging style comes out.

I had one guy that would try to rule with intimidation and yelling. Guy was old but could bench teh 350. He tried to intimidate everyone and bully people around. I would fuck with him though. He hated when you would call in sick or were "late" to work. To him even if you were a couple of minutes late one time you had attendance issues.

Dude would literally stand at the door with a notepad taking notes to see who was late that day. Then he would berate you later in the day and at end of year evaluations he would mention that you were late that one time so you don't deserve a raise or a good evaluation.

He hated people using earned sick leave. He hated when guys wives or women were pregnant. He hated that people wanted off for the birth of their child. I took six weeks off to piss him off and because my wife had a c section. She needed help around the house and with the baby.

When you would call sick he would yell at you and tell you that you're not dedicated enough. That you don't give a shit about the job. Lol. I would call and when he would start yelling I would just say so are you denying me my earned sick leave or can I use it? He would say I'll take care of it. And continue yelling. I didn't let him. After he said I could use leave I just say bye and hang up right away so he couldn't yell. It would piss him off so bad. He tried calling me back to continue yelling once. As soon as I answered I said are you calling me back to tell me I'm good to go on my leave and he said your good and try to start yelling again. As he was yelling I said ok good I'll see you tomorrow and hang up as soon as he began yelling again.

That guy was a total prick. I sprained my ankle in jiu jitsu one night. My ankle was a mess. I couldn't sleep that night due to the pain. So as soon as I woke up I called this douche bag to tell him I'm going to the doc. He was pissed. I went to the doc that day and when I was done I stopped by the office to give him my dr excuse and do a few things I really needed to finish up. It was already the end of the day. I went into his office and showed him my ankle. He said it looked nasty. When I gave him the dr note all it said was under my care for the date. He was all I need more than this. What ligaments were torn. What kind of care did he give you. I told him he could call my dr to find out because I don't know that shit. I also reminded him of HIPA. He went off on HIPA and started yelling about how corrupt doctors were and they were all scumbags and all sorts of shit. That guy was crazy.

He even tried to bow up to a little guy that was on workers comp. Anyone who took workers comp was a loser to him. Anyway this little guy was a pain in the ass but he was truly hurt. Anyway the boss tried to intimidate him and even stood up and slammed the table. The little guy yelled for help and called the cops right then and said he was being attacked, lol.

The thing is this supervisor used workers comp to get himself a shoulder surgery. He was 50+ years old and always lifted heavy as shit, even after he was told by his dr to take it easy. Guy was lifting heavy as shit a few weeks after his shoulder surgery. His arm was still in a sling and he was doing weighted pull ups and benching teh 275. Soon after he needed shoulder replacement surgery. He got "hurt at work", though. We all knew he was full of shit.

That's it man. That's it.

Just let it all come out.

I feel for you.

Some of the whiny bitches at my job don't realize how good they have it. I had shit bosses before. I had one boss who looked like Tomb Raider-era Angelina Jolie, not current Skeletor version... and that was the extent to how much I liked her. She was basically the skinny brunette version of your boss.

I'm a bit like Uchi Mata, where I could probably make more money at another hospital, but my boss is so awesome, and makes my life so much easier, that I'm hesitant to take my services elsewhere.

I am the boss. And if my minions read this, you better say you like me...

Back