Social How well can you handle yourself in a street fight? (One on One)

How well can you handle yourself in a street fight? (One on One)

• Total voters
I trained for many years but I have no qualms with sucker punching or using a weapon if I am forced to. My first instinct is to always avoid conflict or run. Martial arts is bullshit in a street fight. I personally knew a black belt who got stabbed because he took someone to the ground. It honestly doesn't take much skill to stab someone. Sport is a totally different thing than people who want to hurt you. Real life isn't a competition with rules.
Yea and no, if you're trained and a pyscho pos you'll have an upper hand.

Street fights are complete nonsense thou. The risk of getting cracked from someone you didn't know was involved and hitting your head on concrete, or doing it to someone else is not worth it

I'd say I'm above average for my age group. Some athletic 20 year old with half an idea of what to do would probably put a beating on me.

I'd be ok maybe. Street fights ain't worth the risk unless it's the only way to extract from the situation.

How long would you have to evade damage from angry 100% power swinging attacker before they gas out?

If you’re in your thirties and still getting into street fights, you are the problem.

Anyway, I know Kung Fu.

I would say slightly above average, given I'm a big guy and have done boxing training for 7 years or so, with only a bit of sparring though.

My street fight record is 0-1-1, one draw in grade 6 that was broken up by a teacher and one about 20 years ago where I got dropped straight away ha ha. I'd be a lot better now I'm sure.

I haven't lost a street fight since I was a teenager.
Smoked some crazy kid at work a few years ago, got jumped a few years back too and fucked those dudes up pretty bad.

Very well, im already a large guy so people don't like to fuck with me, also i have done Judo and BJJ for almost 20 years now so i have good balance, sense of range and i can easily throw someone off.

But im certainly not the guy that will look for a confrontation under any circumstances, definitively not worth the risk, specially not in Mexico where people can be vindictive and someone may know someone who is connected with organized crime.

I had once an employee with anger issues come at me after i told him to GTFO when i catched him damaging a company car, i told him to not get inside my personal space (jabbing range) i retreated over and over but he kept coming, after way too many circles and seeing him make a fist several times i decided not to fucking risk getting sucker punched and i tripped him, put him face down and then told him to chill the fuck out.

He then threatened to sue me, the little bitch.

Let's just say that I have to register my hands as deadly weapons with the local constabulary.

Well I knocked myself out shadow boxing once so probably not that well.
I will say that although my reflection sure can throw a punch he’s got a glass chin.

I’m really tall and have big reach but I don’t have any formal training, that’s been enough to keep me from ever getting my ass kicked but I’d say that’s mostly luck. If anyone with training came at me and didn’t make a really dumb mistake I’d probably get destroyed.

In my 20s I'd say I can handle myself very good, lost a few times, but won more. But now in my late 30s, I'd say I'm above average scrapper. Although, saying that I take the high road now and just walk away, no point in escalating the situation.

v4-460px-Win-a-Street-Fight-Step-4-Version-8.jpg.webp

Male primes between 28-32 on average. Then again, Tyson peaked at 18. McGregor peaked in 2016.

I would do whatever I could to avoid a fight inless I was protecting family or myself. Life and death.

Too many to count

Last edited:
Nobody is to be believed here.

Im undefeated in street fights since the age of 6 though. I lost once when i was 5 and given a tough test when I was in the 9th grade that went to a stalemate, but things changed. I took a full year off school and went to thailand for 6 months then brazil for 6 months and became a brown belt within that time. I then came back and began my reign in my city until I decided enough was enough and retired from street fights 8 years ago. Was nearly brought back out during covid during a scuffle over toilet paper i tried to break up, but merely walked away in fear that I may put someones life in danger.

Im currently writing a book about my street fighting life called: Street Fighter, The World Warrior. Im sure itll be a big hit one day.

Male primes between 28-32 on average. Then again, Tyson peaked at 18. McGregor peaked in 2016.

I would do whatever I could to avoid a fight inless I was protecting family or myself. Life and death.
Could be but for a street fight I wonder how much being in your "prime" really matters. If you're not 13 or 68, of course. After 40 there is a definite decline in cardio but street fights are usually over quick. People lose some speed when they age, but again, some 45 year old guy punching you is still fast enough to knock you out. Many fighters also age much younger because all the damage they take.
It's much different when we're talking about a sport with rules and rounds. When fighters routinely fight 15 minutes it gets really hard for the older guys, but if it's a 1 minute scrap age matters little.
I know tons of guys around 50 who could kick my 31 year old ass, even if I could out last them in MMA. They are just bigger and have a lot more experience in landing knock out blows.

Back