How we know that evolution is real

Can we please just get to the point of an evolution thread?

RAP BATTLE.

Curious as why you'd listen to a man with no graduate level education in biology over the overwhelming majority of Phds in Biology. Seems really strange to me.

Hovind agrees with rip's preconceived notions...not super strange.

Kent was put in prison by a corrupt judge who sent some teachers to jail for praying in school. One of Kent's prosecutors committed suicide shortly after for being a pedo while he got caught going to meet a 10 yr old girl.

A corrupt judge made him avoid taxes?
Made him threaten police officers?

Even if one of the prosecutors was an immoral pedo dirt bag, how does that change what Kent did, exactly?

If Kent was a good Christian, why wouldn't he just pay his taxes and not threaten people with bodily harm?

If this is the best you can do for a representative for your side of the argument, then it's the best you can do.

Laws are contained under the umbrella of the scientific theory they belong to.

Another poster in a different thread used this great analogy:

A scientific theory is like a house, where facts, laws, and all other knowledge on the subject are the bricks of that house.

Exactly. A scientific theory includes and explains relevant laws (which are usually expressed as a set of equations), based on all available relevant facts.

Can we please just get to the point of an evolution thread?

RAP BATTLE.

Lol. That's what I'm talking about. I'm pretty bad at rapping. What you saw in that last thread is probably the best and only thing you'll see from me.

A corrupt judge made him avoid taxes?
Made him threaten police officers?

Even if one of the prosecutors was an immoral pedo dirt bag, how does that change what Kent did, exactly?

If Kent was a good Christian, why wouldn't he just pay his taxes and not threaten people with bodily harm?

If this is the best you can do for a representative for your side of the argument, then it's the best you can do.

Yeah there was no proof that he didn't pay his taxes. He got imprisoned for ten years. Al Sharpton owes millions and he gets invited to the White House.

Yeah there was no proof that he didn't pay his taxes. He got imprisoned for ten years. Al Sharpton owes millions and he gets invited to the White House.

No proof?

Prove it.

Other than his income and the fact that he paid no taxes :rolleyes:

I forget sometimes that evidence doesn't matter in the Jesusland of your mind.

Sure. Years of selective breeding can produce something after it's own kind.

So you guys accept that this:

wolf.jpg

can turn into this:

chihuahua.jpg

or this:

ChihuahuaViansBigMacAttackMac33.JPG

but somehow claim that "marco evolution" has not been observed?

We have not observed one kind of animal turning into another kind of animal. Two dogs mating will always get a dog and so on.

Obviously, the line where one species ends and another begins isn't always clear. We call all of those creatures in the pictures above dogs, but if an alien from another planet visited earth and observed them they might classify them as 3 different species.

Furthermore you are wrong about dog always getting another dog and so on. Inter-species breeding can also exist and immediately produce offspring that is different from its parents. For example, horse + donkey= mule

Too bad its just a theory.

We've known for thousands of years how we came to be, I don't need some scientist who created some theory a couple hundred years ago tell me something false.

Not even going to read the article. Evolution is bullshit.

Deep_d1bcda_4875701.jpg

Curious as why you'd listen to a man with no graduate level education in biology over the overwhelming majority of Phds in Biology. Seems really strange to me.

Because he is more correct than all the educated fools that try to debate him.

So you guys accept that this:

wolf.jpg

can turn into this:

chihuahua.jpg

or this:

ChihuahuaViansBigMacAttackMac33.JPG

but somehow claim that "marco evolution" has not been observed?

Obviously, the line where one species ends and another begins isn't always clear. We call all of those creatures in the pictures above dogs, but if an alien from another planet visited earth and observed them they might classify them as 3 different species.

Furthermore you are wrong about dog always getting another dog and so on. Inter-species breeding can also exist and immediately produce offspring that is different from its parents. For example, horse + donkey= mule

Dogs

Cats

So, are we a plant?
(1)

No.

But can you not see the striking differences between humans and animals?
For one, we are the only species that cannot eat meat raw without getting sick. Another is we are the only one that needs clothes to be outside to keep warm. We also have allergies. We also get back aches over time from standing upright. We also are the only species with the capability to destroy our surroundings. We get skin burns from being exposed to the Sun for long periods. We are obviously not of this environment.

No, we are animals so there could never be a "difference between humans and animals"

For one, we are the only species that cannot eat meat raw without getting sick.
That's not true. All animals can get sick from eating raw meat that is contaminated. Humans like other omnivores can eat raw meat that is clean, I do it with regularity and don't get sick as do a lot of other people.
Another is we are the only one that needs clothes to be outside to keep warm. We also have allergies. We are obviously not of this environment.
There are countless warm weather animals that cannot survive with their natural protection in cold climates. Humans once again are not unique in this.

Edit: One of my cats has allergies, it's crazy how his face will swell up and he sneezes all the time. In the wild that would cause his death pretty early on.

No.

For one, we are the only species that cannot eat meat raw without getting sick. Another is we are the only one that needs clothes to be outside to keep warm. We also have allergies. We also get back aches over time from standing upright. We also are the only species with the capability to destroy our surroundings. We get skin burns from being exposed to the Sun for long periods. We are obviously not of this environment.

Literally none of that is correct. Other than us getting sunburns, but that happens to other creatures as well.

So, are we a mineral?
(2)
Not at all.
For one, we are the only species that cannot eat meat raw without getting sick.
Not true.
Another is we are the only one that needs clothes to be outside to keep warm. We are obviously not of this environment.
Absolute idiotic nonsense. The human thermal neutral zone is comparable to that of many other mammalian species. Our upper and lower critical and lethal temperatures are pretty much the same as those of chimpanzees.

Back