How we know that evolution is real

What are your thoughts on the article?

A really nice list of why evolution is how we got here, with actual easy to understand examples - the breeding of domesticated animals, the bacteria.

Too bad its just a theory.

We've known for thousands of years how we came to be, I don't need some scientist who created some theory a couple hundred years ago tell me something false.

Not even going to read the article. Evolution is bullshit.

We've known for thousands of years how we came to be, I don't need some scientist who created some theory a couple hundred years ago tell me something false.

Its not just a theory if it can be demonstarted in the real world.

Why do so many people think that "theory" in terms of science means "something that I guessed about without evidence."

Theory in scientific terms is NOT the same word as theory would usually be. "It's only a theory" in scientific terms is "It's only a hypothesis", a theory in science refers to something that has been strongly supported by evidence that we more or less KNOW is actually a thing... like gravity, or wind resistance... or evolution.

The latest hilarity is to say 'I believe only in micro-evolution'.

Are you being serious or trolling, I can't tell.

This kind of shit is the reason people think you religious guys are insane...

Let's face it - the only reason evolution is so passionately(and amateurishly) disputed by the religious types is because it contradicts their holy book. Less proven theories aren't subject to attacks solely because they don't go against the word of god.

Why do so many people think that "theory" in terms of science means "something that I guessed about without evidence."

Theory in scientific terms is NOT the same word as theory would usually be. "It's only a theory" in scientific terms is "It's only a hypothesis", a theory in science refers to something that has been strongly supported by evidence that we more or less KNOW is actually a thing... like gravity, or wind resistance... or evolution.

Dude, gravity does not equal a theory nor does wind resistance. Wtf?

Cool! I didn't realize that Newton's Law had been entirely one-upped and replaced by general relativity.

What's the deal with wind resistance though?

That would come under Newton's theory of aerodynamics. Theorys based on gravity, and aerodynamics were kind of his thing.

Back