HOW WAS THAT A SPLIT DECISION

Yeah I am shocked how RDA won on two judges score card too

"Wall n stall"
"Humping"
"Grappling control "

Good thing i dont have to feel bad for missing this one.

I think the scoring is a crock of shit but playing devils advocate

I personally agree with the "motivation" the judging criteria is trying to give the athletes to actually "do something effective." They are not rewarding someone for just holding the guy against the fence or holding him on the ground unless he actually does something with it.

They also recognize that a guy on his feat skating the outside isn't any less effective as the guy who maintains the center. Who gives a shit who's in the center if the guy on the outside was more effective with his strikes ya know. The round should rightfully go to the guy who outstruck the other... not the guy who "held the center."

What's really a "crock of shit" is watching the old rools being used in Texas where they actually will give a round to a guy for holding the center.

v1BigON.png

rightly so as it falls under octagon control. I think the scoring is a crock of shit but playing devils advocate

Correct... but the criteria was inked for the purpose of creating "effective activity" which we all like... so I'm not sure why you don't like judging criteria. In order to promote action... "Area control" is a 3rd criteria to use only if the other 2 criteria are 100% even. So it's good that, "POSITION" in the octogon, against the fence, & on the ground, "SCORES ZERO" otherwise someone could win a fight by being dormant while maintaining "Position." Way too many people don't consider that when talking about scoring fights & unfortunately way too many judges don't quite have that in their head either.

Here's a review of the criteria
  1. "Effective Striking & Grappling" is the only criteria unless it is 100% equal.
  2. Only if #1 is equal, does "Effective Aggressiveness" (high light on "effective") break that tie.
  3. If #1 & 2 are 100% equal only then will "Fighting Area Control" be considered in order to break the tie. This is considered to be "very rare."
  4. a 10-10 round Is considered "extremely rare" if all 3 of the above criteria are 100% equal.
So RDA gets zero credit for just "riding."
  • The TD is a credit under the "Effective Grappling" criteria, as is any advancement of position or submission attempts, but not “holding position.”
  • Any strikes he lands are counted under the "effective Striking" criteria.
  • But just holding position scores zero.

Last edited:
I honesty didnt read all of this because its a sad rant, but I'm sorry you have a basic knowledge of fighting. Not understanding what you are watching must be a little frustrating when you are a big fan. But you will only understand so much as just a fan
So literally admitting you are so bad at reading that you've now totally misread the original comment, changed the argument, and now admit your brain can't handle a whole paragraph (but has time for another reply).
Best of luck with your short-bus life and completely delusional "im a fighter" nonsense rofl. Nothing you've said, or will ever be capable of writing in this lifetime, will ever change the fact Felder lost that fight.

So literally admitting you are so bad at reading that you've now totally misread the original comment, changed the argument, and now admit your brain can't handle a whole paragraph (but has time for another reply).
Best of luck with your short-bus life and completely delusional "im a fighter" nonsense rofl. Nothing you've said, or will ever be capable of writing in this lifetime, will ever change the fact Felder lost that fight.
Dude, this is sad. Your original point was that Felder took 5 rounds of damage and thats why he lost, which of course, is not at all why he lost. He was outgrappled and lost on points.

And yes, I have fought and that does give me a deeper understanding of what is going on during a fight. You made pretty uninformed points that made it obvious you are not very knowledgeable about the sport of MMA. That's really all this is

I personally agree with the "motivation" the judging criteria is trying to give the athletes to actually "do something effective." They are not rewarding someone for just holding the guy against the fence or holding him on the ground unless he actually does something with it.

They also recognize that a guy on his feat skating the outside isn't any less effective as the guy who maintains the center. Who gives a shit who's in the center if the guy on the outside was more effective with his strikes ya know. The round should rightfully go to the guy who outstruck the other... not the guy who "held the center."

What's really a "crock of shit" is watching the old rools being used in Texas where they actually will give a round to a guy for holding the center.

v1BigON.png

Correct... but the criteria was inked for the purpose of creating "effective activity" which we all like... so I'm not sure why you don't like judging criteria. In order to promote action... "Area control" is a 3rd criteria to use only if the other 2 criteria are 100% even. So it's good that, "POSITION" in the octogon, against the fence, & on the ground, "SCORES ZERO" otherwise someone could win a fight by being dormant while maintaining "Position." Way too many people don't consider that when talking about scoring fights & unfortunately way too many judges don't quite have that in their head either.

Here's a review of the criteria
  1. "Effective Striking & Grappling" is the only criteria unless it is 100% equal.
  2. Only if #1 is equal, does "Effective Aggressiveness" (high light on "effective") break that tie.
  3. If #1 & 2 are 100% equal only then will "Fighting Area Control" be considered in order to break the tie. This is considered to be "very rare."
  4. a 10-10 round Is considered "extremely rare" if all 3 of the above criteria are 100% equal.
So RDA gets zero credit for just "riding."
  • The TD is a credit under the "Effective Grappling" criteria, as is any advancement of position or submission attempts, but not “holding position.”
  • Any strikes he lands are counted under the "effective Striking" criteria.
  • But just holding position scores zero.
good notes man. the judges should need to review this before getting in into their chair. and more like i dont like the way its interpreted. clay guida has been given bs decisions because of appearing active bouncing around like a monkey. Diego learned to do some of it and randy couture is like the godfather of wall n stall. I agree striking needs to be counted more. ive seen fights where the striker broke his nose, busted his eyes etc but loses a decision cause he was laid on like a mattress.

Judge probably gave Felder points for defending RDAs constant wall and stall bullshit.

Plus Felder won every single striking exchange.

Shitty fight overall with no real winner.

Felder won striking exchanges, WUT
You on crack m8

I believe that it was a split decision in order to avoid having to pay off huge amounts to all those who betted rda would win by unanimous decision. Just a little corruption to save some money, that's all.

Dude, this is sad. Your original point was that Felder took 5 rounds of damage and thats why he lost, which of course, is not at all why he lost. He was outgrappled and lost on points.

And yes, I have fought and that does give me a deeper understanding of what is going on during a fight. You made pretty uninformed points that made it obvious you are not very knowledgeable about the sport of MMA. That's really all this is
lol it's sad that you can't get over the fact that you're a bad reader and making up retarded nonsense because you lack English comprehension skills.
Did Felder sustain damage? Undeniably, because as I said in my original comment (here it is in full that you're changing, as a continual lying imp) "
lol wut?
Felder looks like a smashed mess in the interview." in reply to you saying
"I'm not saying Felder should have necessarily won the fight but getting outstruck and leaning on a guy doesnt exactly get you a lot of points IMO" which directly implies Felder took no damage in standup and that RDA wall n stalled to get debatably earned points.
Your pro-muay-thai-fantasy mind filled in the gaps and made up the argument that I said RDA won a clean sheet on striking. Felder did some good work, but he got beat up and controlled ultimately in a way that was obvious to anyone besides total homers.
RDA landed some nice strikes, so did Felder, and the glaring difference was the grappling and Felder was the worse for wear after. I can still commend the guy while stating he obviously lost.

It's so comical that your larp mind appealing to your pro combat experience is more valid that Felder's reaction, Felder's corner telling him between rounds he needed a finish, or the multitude of professional analysts who cover the sport. Or better yet, basic visual evidence that RDA did more than just lay against the fence.
You're a delusional imbecile you can't get over the fact that RDA won a complete fight and, much like Felder is a great MT stylist too. IMO too chinny and would lose a pure standup, but that's not the sport nor what happened.
Maybe ease off the padwork and try your hand at some schoolwork if this was a struggle to read.

gjo9bXY.png

lol it's sad that you can't get over the fact that you're a bad reader and making up retarded nonsense because you lack English comprehension skills.
Did Felder sustain damage? Undeniably, because as I said in my original comment (here it is in full that you're changing, as a continual lying imp) "
lol wut?
Felder looks like a smashed mess in the interview." in reply to you saying
"I'm not saying Felder should have necessarily won the fight but getting outstruck and leaning on a guy doesnt exactly get you a lot of points IMO" which directly implies Felder took no damage in standup and that RDA wall n stalled to get debatably earned points.
Your pro-muay-thai-fantasy mind filled in the gaps and made up the argument that I said RDA won a clean sheet on striking. Felder did some good work, but he got beat up and controlled ultimately in a way that was obvious to anyone besides total homers.
RDA landed some nice strikes, so did Felder, and the glaring difference was the grappling and Felder was the worse for wear after. I can still commend the guy while stating he obviously lost.

It's so comical that your larp mind appealing to your pro combat experience is more valid that Felder's reaction, Felder's corner telling him between rounds he needed a finish, or the multitude of professional analysts who cover the sport. Or better yet, basic visual evidence that RDA did more than just lay against the fence.
You're a delusional imbecile you can't get over the fact that RDA won a complete fight and, much like Felder is a great MT stylist too. IMO too chinny and would lose a pure standup, but that's not the sport nor what happened.
Maybe ease off the padwork and try your hand at some schoolwork if this was a struggle to read.

gjo9bXY.png
I didnt score the fight for Felder nor did I say I did. Your whole premise is wrong. I was kinda wondering why your were making yourself to sound so stupid but I think I get it now. You werent even listening.

Also, dude. Those are some of the corniest insults ever. At least do better than that

I didnt score the fight for Felder nor did I say I did. Your whole premise is wrong. I was kinda wondering why your were making yourself to sound so stupid but I think I get it now. You werent even listening.

Also, dude. Those are some of the corniest insults ever. At least do better than that
""I'm not saying Felder should have necessarily won the fight but getting outstruck and leaning on a guy doesnt exactly get you a lot of points IMO"
Is you literally stating RDA didn't have successful striking or complete any effective grappling to win rounds, which I replied he did. You're 100% wrong and suck at this.

""I'm not saying Felder should have necessarily won the fight but getting outstruck and leaning on a guy doesnt exactly get you a lot of points IMO"
Is you literally stating RDA didn't have successful striking or complete any effective grappling to win rounds, which I replied he did. You're 100% wrong and suck at this.
There it is. I said Felder didn't win the fight. Yet, you said I did over and over. Also, I never said that RDA didn't land any punches. I'm glad you are actually starting to think. That's a great first step.

There it is. I said Felder didn't win the fight. Yet, you said I did over and over. Also, I never said that RDA didn't land any punches. I'm glad you are actually starting to think. That's a great first step.
RDA had effective striking and grappling that caused damage thru the entirety of the fight and easily won him enough rounds to get the decision.
Your shit for brains post states that you don't believe that to be true and that you don't think he earned points because he was outstruck and just leaned on Felder.
You are wrong.
Adios.

RDA had effective striking and grappling that caused damage thru the entirety of the fight and easily won him enough rounds to get the decision.
Your shit for brains post states that you don't believe that to be true and that you don't think he earned points because he was outstruck and just leaned on Felder.
You are wrong.
Adios.
Moron, he WAS outstruck. Felder had more significant strikes despite being held against the fence and being taken down a few times. The announcers even said it after the fight. RDA won the fight because of his grappling and control time.

I really was right. You DONT KNOW what you are talking about. It is sad. But you keep arguing after getting a lot of facts wrong

Moron, he WAS outstruck. Felder had more significant strikes despite being held against the fence and being taken down a few times. The announcers even said it after the fight. RDA won the fight because of his grappling and control time.

I really was right. You DONT KNOW what you are talking about. It is sad. But you keep arguing after getting a lot of facts wrong
Aright one last try because I think you have a legitimate reading/cognitive issue here:
-You made the claim that RA "imo" didn't earn points because he was outstruck and leaned on him.
-I'm making the claim that RDAs combination of damage inflicted (he undeniably landed too) AND grappling combined won him the fight EVEN if Felder is (when only measuring standing strikes) a better striker and landed more standing strikes in some rounds.
Both guys landed nice standing shots and delivered damage; only one guy clearly won because he also hit 6 takedowns and had ground control.
How the fuck is this so hard dude?
For someone who claims to be a pro muay thai guy you seem totally incapable of admitting RDA threw some nice stuff too and instead are taking this retarded binary of "Felder won the striking so it cancels out the grappling! 1-1, whose to say who won?" as if it was a wipeout standing equal to the wipeout it was grappling.

Back