How was Japan able to invade China when they are way smaller than china?

Didn't every member of the invading Japanese army have these masks on? I'm sure I read that in a history book.
337399.jpg

Japan was what to asia what germany was to europe.
Usa had to come save china.

The funny thing about that gif is that it is somehow established by people who actually know their shit that Japanese swords have shit steel, shit design, and are inferior to European swords by most accounts.

Yes, that's unpleasant. You could certainly argue that it's a bit much.

I'm willing to bet it's not unique to the Japanese though. Even good ol' Western & white militaries will have similar horror stories from their past that they'll not be proud of.

Though granted, Nanking sounds like it was on a scale like no other.

Actually, western European & US armies generally are top-tier when it comes to occupation and treatment of prisoners.

Yes, obviously atrocities happen everywhere, but on average, many non-Western people were known for torture/cruelty/mass murder/mass rape of conquered civilians.

I know it doesn't fit with the current narrative that Whity is responsible for all evil in the world, but it is true.

Actually, western European & US armies generally are top-tier when it comes to occupation and treatment of prisoners.

Yes, obviously atrocities happen everywhere, but on average, many non-Western people were known for torture/cruelty/mass murder/mass rape of conquered civilians.

I know it doesn't fit with the current narrative that Whity is responsible for all evil in the world, but it is true.

Absolutely. I certainly don't believe the West is responsible for all the world's ills, either. People are people imo. I like to believe the more professional a military is, the fewer abuses of power will occur.

But people are people, and I suspect those abuses will occur everywhere.

I mean China would crush Japan 1-on-1 now. China was just poor at the time

The funny thing about that gif is that it is somehow established by people who actually know their shit that Japanese swords have shit steel, shit design, and are inferior to European swords by most accounts.

RIP Gunny.

Back