How was brock allowed to fight Mir in his first UFC fight

saberd

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
only had one fight against a guy who had a 2-5 record and suddenly fights Frank Fucking Mir? how did NAC even gave brock the lisence to compete with a former HW champ with so little experience? it was a great learning experience for him and all but im just curious does NAC give lisence to fighters with little experience to fight a guy with much more experience? just think its dangerous james toney atleast was a fighter his whole life brock was a freak who wrestled in wwe

He was a juiced white boy, they dealt with it

I hate Brock as much as anyone, but youre talking about a guy who was a NCAA athlete and had been in sports his whole life. Sure, he wasnt a fighters, but its not unbelievable that someone who looks like Lesnar gets a fight like that early on.

Pantheon of amateur wrestling gods. And pro wrestling gods. That's how.

Brock-Lesnar-speaks-to-the-media-during-the-UFC-200-Press-Conference.jpg

JBL/JBG approved wrestling god.

EDIT - Even approved by @WrestlingGod78; gods recognize gods.

Brock-Lesnar-Wink.gif

Last edited:
Same reason why James Toney was allowed to fight Couture--prior history in combat sports.

Mir was still recovering from the accident, he had just submitted Hardonk but his first 3 fights back from the accident were horrible. Granted the Hardonk fight was the last time he popped a pain pill, but people were still unsure about him physically.

It was basically Brock going up against a former champion who's future was still in doubt. If Brock had won they could've billed him as having defeated a former champion.

Mir looked pretty awful since the motorbike accident. He lost to freaking Marcio Cruz. Beat Dan Christianson looking awful and pregnant. Got destroyed by Vera and beat Hardonk. It was the worst period of his career.

Frank was on a huge downfall before that fight. The fights what brought frank back. It was a legit perfect fight for brock and frank.

I hate Brock as much as anyone, but youre talking about a guy who was a NCAA athlete and had been in sports his whole life. Sure, he wasnt a fighters, but its not unbelievable that someone who looks like Lesnar gets a fight like that early on.
hmm..your username makes me curious.. no but seriously do they have any professional criteria for giving out license to fight?

Pantheon of amateur wrestling gods. And pro wrestling gods. That's how.

Brock-Lesnar-speaks-to-the-media-during-the-UFC-200-Press-Conference.jpg

JBL/JBG approved wrestling god.
That is one creepy guy.
I think I would give him my wallet if he was robbing me.

Because he was 2-2 in his 4 fights leading up to that. He only looked good in one of those fights and that was the Hardonk fight, who wasn't exactly considered a world beater. Frank wasn't ever expected to rebound the way he did.

That is one creepy guy.
I think I would give him my wallet if he was robbing me.

I'd make him take me back to the compound and "Hunt" me.

"I will be your HD Barry...I won't hit you in the face..."

Same reason why James Toney was allowed to fight Couture--prior history in combat sports.
Came here to post this, excellent point. Even football must considered a combat sport as Herschel Walker was able to quickly get on the big named Tv cards.

Kone nailed it. Plus, Mir was a replacement opponent for Brock. Originally it was supposed to be Lesnar vs Mark Coleman

Came here to post this, excellent point. Even football must considered a combat sport as Herschel Walker was able to quickly get on the big named Tv cards.
so marshawn lynch could get a lisence to fight arlovski if he wanted?

People have given you the proper answers regarding where Frank was at the time. But Brock also had no interest in working his way up slowly. He came to make a splash and test himself against the best. When you've got a draw like that and he wants to fight the big names. That's what you make happen.

Brock doesn't confuse me when it comes to licensing him. He was a legit athlete, with credentials up the ass.

CM Punk....now that confuses me, and makes me think damn near anyone can get licensed.

so marshawn lynch could get a lisence to fight arlovski if he wanted?
Honestly I'd give any HW a punchers chance against Arlovski these days.

More to your point though, I think with enough publicity and $$, yeah, I'd bet Dana could get that fight lisenced.

Edit: I'm loving the idea of Beastmode in the octagon the more I think about it.

Kone nailed it. Plus, Mir was a replacement opponent for Brock. Originally it was supposed to be Lesnar vs Mark Coleman
Fuck's sake, that would have been real bad for Coleman; glad that fight didn't go through.

Would have been funny as fuck if he managed to beat Brock via Sprawling and Brawling.

Back