How was anyone impressed with last nights Main Event???

c25.gif

Jones could't manage to put away a legless former middleweight with no defensive wrestling. He should stfu about other fighters performances.
You're really a Jon hater. You skipped passed the entire point of this thread just to hate on Jon. Didn't mention one thing about the fight, Gane or Rozy and just went straight to hating on Jon. You're the definition of a hater.

You're really a Jon hater. You skipped passed the entire point of this thread just to hate on Jon. Didn't mention one thing about the fight, Gane or Rozy and just went straight to hating on Jon. You're the definition of a hater.
Considering Brasil Wand's insinuation about Jones showing the heavyweights how it's done, Jones' tweet about the fight and a few other comments, i found that appropriate.

I admit that my comment is also provocative though.

Exactly. The main event last night had the same pacing as when “daddy” fought fucking OSP.
Holy shit I was reminded of that fight while watching too

Its hw for 1. For 2 it was Gane's 8th pro fight . EIGHTH ! Chill out bud it will be ok

Reminded me of Ngannou/Lewis but with slightly more output. Oh, and a take down.

Gane was boring and is pillow fisted but I think hes very promising overall. For a HW hes athletic with good movement and timing.

This^

I expected Gane to fight more or less the way he did. I thought Rozenstruik would eventually catch him. Credit where it's due, boring or not, Gane fought a mature, intelligent game plan to a fairly easy decision in his first main event.

Good showing for Gane, boring passive fight by Rozen.

What can you do against a guy with massive KO power who just wants to turtle up all day and wait for you to make a mistake? It wasn't on Gane to push it any further than he did, he got off some sick jabs and got out of the way of most things that Rozen threw and easily dominated the fight. Rozen needed to fight back more, really embarrassing to lose a fight that way when you have so much power.

Why is heavyweight full of big scary dudes who turn into the chickens the minute they have to fight someone better than them? I put Rozen on the same boat as Ngannou, never seen a fun Ngannou fight unless he was a heavy favorite against his opponent.

He has great attributes and enough focus/cardio to execute a game plan over 5 rounds against a heavy handed guy who was just waiting to starch him. However, based on those attributes, he really should have been able to do more in that fight and it looked like he was playing around too much. Doing the floaty movement thing against your opponent when you're faster, taller, and more athletic overall is fine as long as you have the output to justify it, either in terms of landed volume or a smaller number of significant shots that hurt your opponent. Having said all that, he is a top heavyweight no doubt.

i agree, neither in the main even looked good. Gane hype train fell off for me. He doesn't look like a top 5 HW

Some of you guys have absolutely zero idea what you're watching from a technical perspective. Go take a some kickboxing & grappling classes, get just a little bit educated please.

Gane & Ankalaev will both be title challengers at some point. Gane has great distance management, footwork, vision, manipulates rythm well, impeccable in the clinch, & is only getting better with time & experience.

Ankalaev, at just 28 years old, has developed a serious counter-striking game. Last night his lead hand was a thing of beauty, the fight before his rear-hand was just as impressive. His chain-wrestling & ground control is already among the best at 205, if not the best. He beat up a top-10 guy just as impressively as the current #1 contender did.

It's sad how hardcore fans can have absolutely not a clue as to what they witness, either in the moment or in retrospect.

"Nowhere near"? Are you delusional? What would warrant being "Near" in your words?
"Stipe was as lean as Jones on PEDs that had just cut water weight to reach a weight limit, without cutting weight himself" You are delusional right? Lmao. Do you know what "Lean" means?

"and then jones signed to fight Thiago santos or someone else instead" - Or someone else instead? What? You can't even get your own story straight. Stipe has never called out Jones he has only ever answered Yes whether he would fight Jones at a press conference. The first time there was hype about Jones moving up to HW (the time I think you're referring too) Jones declined because he claimed the pay wasn't right. Remember the twitter war he had with Dana/UFC about fighter pay? Probably not.

DC is not a massive Heavyweight dude, his average weight at HW is 242lbs. Given he cut A LOT of weight to make 205lbs he was probably around 230lbs on fight night, you really think an extra 10lbs would've stopped Jones rag dolling him and/or kicking him in the head lmao?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I get that you may think Stipe would beat Jones at Heavyweight and I might even agree. But to say Jones is "Terrified" just makes you look like an idiot.
Stipe. Was as lean. At 233. As jones was. At 205. Stipe is a much bigger guy. Use your eyes and quick math skills. Stipe has defined abs at 246-250. Jones looked fat between fights at 205, where he certainly never reached 250. If he was ever close to 250, he was pudgy

Jones called out stipe on Twitter. Stipe accepted within an hour. Same day, the Santos fight was announced.

DC doesn’t need to be a big HW for him to be a different fight at HW opposed to LHW.

jones has repeatedly teased and reneged on a move to HW.

Shh

I had totally forgot about the card & my friend texted me & reminded me, so I went & caught the co-main & main event after he texted & reminded me.

Dickhead.

Are there sherdog awards for the worst posters?

If you knew nothing about the fighters, you would think this fight was Dana White Contender Series quality, and you'd think "That Gane dude looks alright with his jab, he'll probably do alright one day" , "Bigi Boy looks pretty scared to engage, I don't rate him", "shit fight, I don't expect Dana will offer either a contract based on that" .... But no it was a top 15 ranked fight lol... Heavyweight sucks.

Last edited:
I was actually impressed by the fact that Gane didn't try to impress anyone. He just found and used the easiest road to victory.

I always thought all HW fights even Championship ones should be 3 rounders.

Back