How was anyone impressed with last nights Main Event???

First fight I've watched of his and I'm impressed by his movement so there's that. I don't jump on hype trains so if he crashes and burns it's unfortunate but it's whatever.

GANE looked good had look good fight if other fighter no fight I think Francis get in rosinstrike head

i say Gane looked to be really mature. a 7 fight fighter and he competed in main event and outstruck a dangerous striker

Your idea is that Ciryl Gane is a bad grappler? What a steaming hot turd of a take.

ImaginativeMeatyAiredale-size_restricted.gif
The lad is into MMA for a few years only, is a striker and already has a couple of submission wins. While also only having 8 pro fights now.

The only thing i can to an extent understand people lament about, is that the fight agaonst Rozenstruik wasn't exactly a slugfest, but then again, why would i blame the guy when he outstruck a kickboxer as accomplished as Rozenstruik (76-8-1) and as dangerous on the counter 2 to 1 (102 vs 42 sign. strikes) without taking any damage?

There's a fairly young and mega promising prospect at heavyweight who's been outstanding thus far and some people lament about it.
#justsherdogthings

Cuz it's so hard to look good against total cans :rolleyes:

The best two guys he fought in the UFC are Craig and Krylov. He lost by sub and the other barely won a 29-28

LOL
Cutelaba isn't really a can, though.
He knocked out Rountree.

The lad is into MMA for a few years only, is a striker and already has a couple of submission wins. While also only having 8 pro fights now.

The only thing i can to an extent understand people lament about, is that the fight agaonst Rozenstruik wasn't exactly a slugfest, but then again, why would i blame the guy when he outstruck a kickboxer as accomplished as Rozenstruik (76-8-1) and as dangerous on the counter 2 to 1 (102 vs 42 sign. strikes) without taking any damage?

There's a fairly young and mega promising prospect at heavyweight who's been outstanding thus far and some people lament about it.
#justsherdogthings
Yeah I mean, Rozenstruik isn’t exactly known for producing barn burners even with a guy like reem who is easily one of the more active HW’s in terms of volume through out a fight.

They avoided all the threads hahahahaha

Nemkov sleeps this guy easily in 2021. He's very basic, didn't evolved at all. He should run through guys like Krylov not barely beat them by wall n stall

Nemkov would beat the shit out of him and Krylov on the same night
I legit think Nemkov is one of the best LHWs in the world. I’m kind of annoyed that we have to see a Phil Davis rematch, but I’m pumped to see Nemkov fight either Rumble or Yoel.
I hope after Fedor retires, some of his guys make their way to the UFC. I really want to see how good Tokov and Nemkov are.
Yeah.

Really, i don't even blame fighters necessarily for this, not even Jones (though OSP is not exactly some ferocious killer for his division) but he's in the wrong here.

Gane had 7 pro fights in MMA going into this and faced a very accomplished kickboxer (76-8-1 record) with great counterstriking ability and - slow pace or not - outstruck him more than 2 to 1, landing a total of 102 significant strikes.

Obviously not all strikes are equal but Jones landed 104 against Reyes and 59 against Santos.
(and we're not even considering the fact that Jones fights against these guys weren't exactly lopsided, to say the least, lol...)
True. I actually thought that Rozenstruik would be slightly better than Gane on the feet, and that just wasn’t the case. The HW division is straight up awful right now. This is the worst I’ve seen it in awhile. Maybe Jones will add some excitement to it, but I doubt it. Jones has been overly cautious, and spamming eye pokes and oblique kicks for the last 5 years.

Gane was boring and is pillow fisted but I think hes very promising overall. For a HW hes athletic with good movement and timing.

I fast forwarded rounds 4 and 5 after I watched 3 rounds. It was obvious that nothing more would have happened in that fight. what a terrible night of fights

Your idea is that Ciryl Gane is a bad grappler? What a steaming hot turd of a take.

1. That’s a terrible takedown

2. That’s a terrible opponent

3. You do realize you’re falling into the trap of grading this guy on the HW curve where 90% of these guys aren’t even legit blue belts.

Anyone who’s impressed by Gane trying to muscle takedowns against white belts because he attended a couple grappling classes is flat out confused. I was legit laughing when he couldn’t takedown Rozenstruik yesterday working double legs with his head down looking at the mat lol.

I call it like I see it mane, that’s terrible grappling. Muscling a couple subs against out of shape one dimensional HW’a doesn’t do anything for me.

THIS is how it’s done:

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

this is great value brand:

So you didn’t find Ankalaev vs Krylov more entertaining than Rozenstruik vs Gane?

I get you like arguing for the sake of it, but try again Billy.

<36>
<36>
<36>
Neither one was particularly entertaining tbh, and both guys got good wins and went the distance doing it. A necessary feather in the cap for an upward trajectory of a career. I think Gane did it against a better (or at least far more dangerous) opponent tho tbh

The only thing that impressed me is the athletic ability and potential Gane has.

This fight reminded me of the Izzy Romero fight.
Gane was tactical in his approach knowing Roz was looking to counter strike. Gane completely dominated the fight so really it was up to Roz to do something.

If Gane is pillow fisted then why didn’t Roz just bum rush him??? Because he would have got knocked the fck out.

Gane looked good. Just wasn't stylistically a good match up just like Izzy vs Romero.

Let’s stop this whole “vinyl is better brah” hipster approach to MMA And actually call a square a square: Last nights fight was terrible from both an entertainment and skill standpoint.

Overall takes:

Rozenstruik is still a one dimensional fighter, low output counterpuncher, with mediocre cardio. This was essentially the same performance he had vs Reem minus the spaz out at the end because he got hugged against the cage.

Gane is the new hypetrain in MMA but I don’t see it. The guy is a pillow fisted one dimensional striker who’s grappling is awful but HW MMA standards means even trying ineffective takedowns makes you “a grappler”

The entire fight was timid striking, white belt level grappling, and overall terrible from both guys who never once pushed themselves. We gained nothing out of the fight in terms of learning who can be a serious player.

Thank goodness we actually have some SKILL coming to save the division:

<JonesLaugh>

I’ve personally been involved in heated sparring sessions with more tenacity and urgency than last nights main. I was actually impressed with Gane’s movement, footwork, and hand speed, but I thought he was entirely too timid and tentative. In all honesty it almost appeared that he doesn’t have too much confidence in his chin, I dunno, maybe he already knows that a flush shot would send him nighty night, in which I wouldn’t blame him for the feeble performance.

True. I actually thought that Rozenstruik would be slightly better than Gane on the feet, and that just wasn’t the case. The HW division is straight up awful right now. This is the worst I’ve seen it in awhile. Maybe Jones will add some excitement to it, but I doubt it. Jones has been overly cautious, and spamming eye pokes and oblique kicks for the last 5 years.
*Like*
Yeah, i favored Gane, but i knew that Rozenstruik could pose a lot of danger and especially in the beginning, i was very worried about Rstruik possibly catching Gane over the top of the latters jab with one of those super fast and accurate left check hooks.

Yeah, for the most part i don't like heavyweight either. I do think though that Rozenstruik, Gane and obviously Ngannou and Stipe are very legit.
Guys like Volkov, Blaydes and Black Beast are decent too.

After that, there seems to be a huge drop off.

It is what it is... paying peanuts and (rightfully) having strict drug testing makes the pool for guys that are adequate heavyweights extremely small...

It was not impressive. watched the fight with like 12 people. Nobody was impressed everyone was bored

Back