How was Anderson Silva considered GOAT when he had no legit ground game?

Not sure if you are joking or not..

But Anderson silva has a great ground game. Kinda the reason why he dares do all those ong bak and jet li moves on the stand up.

I just love when the first post wrecks a dumb TS

anderson has a great game off his back lol. if u watched his fights u would know this

"Goes is primitive."

Goes is from the old era of MMA, you little schmuck. He fought from the mid 90s to the mid 00s, with his prime being in the early 00s. MMA has evolved a lot since then and you're gonna pick a fighter from a primitive era as your example of MMA-BJJ excellence? Meanwhile Anderson in his 40s is shutting down offense from a beast like DC in 2016.

He lost vs Coleman who was a monster physically, bigger than him, and this one happened at Pride 13 where a new rule was set: The four-point rule was removed. This clearly favoured wrestlers like Coleman, and non-wrestlers were slowly adjusting to it...

Nice excuses. He got brutally KTFO on the ground kid, in fact all but one of his losses were by stoppage and his grappling never saved him. Nobody's ever done that to Silva, not even much stronger and bigger champions from higher weightclasses who fought him while he was a couple of days removed from surgery and was out of shape in his 40s.

Almost nobody has Anderson's grip strength, calmness on his back under fire and effective use of his very long strong limbs. This is a shit thread and you're contributing by smearing more of OP's feces on the walls of this shitty thread.

HENDO fought Anderson in 2008.

Anderson-Silva-vs-Dan-Henderson-UFC-82-042.jpg

Less than a year earlier, he became a 2 division Champ in PRIDE, by beating it's long reigning King @ LHW!! (2007)

Hendo3belts.jpg

Pride33-DanHendersonXWanderleiSilva-01-KO-400-sg.gif

Arguably the greatest KO in UFC history. (2009)

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

WON THE STRIKEFORCE LHW CHAMPIONSHIP (2011)

10pxft5.jpg

KNOCKED OUT FEDOR "THE GOAT" EMILIANENKO (2011)

il04CG.gif

Won arguably the greatest fight in UFC history!! (2014)

KO'D an always dangerous Tim Boetsch. (2015)

Dan%2BHenderson%2BDestroys%2BTim%2BBoetsch%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B68.gif

Delivered a brutal KO to Hector Lombard! (2016)

7Hu6k9.gif
LJrQL0.gif

Those names are impressive, but Fedor, Lombard, Shogun and Wand who was never the same after the Cro Cop KO were all past their primes more so than Hendo. We saw what prime Jake Shields did to him.

On an amusing sidenote regarding your eternal rant about Pride´s overall 'scripted fights'...

This guy :

View attachment 420845

... has/had very close links with them Yakuzas...

And...Guess what... This is his Pride record:

Loss 10-7 Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Technical submission (triangle choke)
Loss 10-6 Heath Herring TKO (knees)
Loss 10-5 Igor Vovchanchyn TKO (doctor stoppage)
Loss 10-4 Mark Kerr Decision (unanimous)
Win 10-3 Soichi Nishida Submission (rear naked choke)

View attachment 420847

Lemme guess... You´re gonna say he fooked the Yakuza Boss´wife...

He should have been more popular, maybe they would have had Cro Cop go easy on him and pretend that he can stand with him like Mirko did for Saku?

And of course a Nogueira wasn't gonna take a dive, they were one of the first who refused the yakuza bribes. Brazilian Top Team and Chute Boxe were legit, that's why Arona and Wanderlei put an end to the myth of the Sakuraba pro wrestling displays.

Because he was in the UFC. The real goat was still undefeated but since he wasn't in the UFC they wouldn't acknowledge Fedor who was without question even among fighters while they were spouting it after the James Irvin fight. Just so happened that same night Fedor zulus Sylvia who was the best ufc hw in both mens era.

Those names are impressive, but Fedor, Lombard, Shogun and Wand who was never the same after the Cro Cop KO were all past their primes more so than Hendo. We saw what prime Jake Shields did to him.
Around Big Nog 2002

You've been flying under the radar in terms of being recognized as a very shitty poster haven't you? Like I've never seen you before but I'm pretty impressed by how shitty your posts are, it's actually at a pretty high level.

He has one of those Brazilian McDonalds black belts they give you when you order a happy meal. I've got 4 of them and I saw Aldo making the cheeseburgers out the back. I asked for no pickles but he put them in anyway. I didn't say anything because he probably isn't right after what Conor and Max did to him.

<{pranko}>

He should have been more popular, maybe they would have had Cro Cop go easy on him and pretend that he can stand with him like Mirko did for Saku?

And of course a Nogueira wasn't gonna take a dive, they were one of the first who refused the yakuza bribes. Brazilian Top Team and Chute Boxe were legit, that's why Arona and Wanderlei put an end to the myth of the Sakuraba pro wrestling displays.

I have a big suspicion before that Saku's fight againts Quinton Rampage and Montah Randleman were "works".

And Takada and Inoki's presence in Pride really annoyed me kinda ruined it for me.

Also do you remember the perverted Japanese fighter who exposed Walid Ishmael's buttocks just for the heck of it? I think it was Igor Vouchancyn who finnaly knock him out so satisfying.

Goes is from the old era of MMA, you little schmuck. He fought from the mid 90s to the mid 00s, with his prime being in the early 00s. MMA has evolved a lot since then and you're gonna pick a fighter from a primitive era as your example of MMA-BJJ excellence? Meanwhile Anderson in his 40s is shutting down offense from a beast like DC in 2016.

Nice excuses. He got brutally KTFO on the ground kid, in fact all but one of his losses were by stoppage and his grappling never saved him. Nobody's ever done that to Silva, not even much stronger and bigger champions from higher weightclasses who fought him while he was a couple of days removed from surgery and was out of shape in his 40s.

Almost nobody has Anderson's grip strength, calmness on his back under fire and effective use of his very long strong limbs. This is a shit thread and you're contributing by smearing more of OP's feces on the walls of this shitty thread.
"schmuck" "kid"... lmao.. Love when clueless bums go full sensitive.

Goes is not from the old era if he peaked in Pride..use your head...

The old [Modern] era is the one who fought @ the BJJ vs Luta Livre Challenges in the 1980s, and Goes was not part of it, he was still a teen when Carlson took him as a student.

"Nobody's ever done that to Silva,"

Amusing... Spider was a fake WW in Shooto & Pride... U understand what it means?

The biggest legit wrestler he fought back then was Stiebling.

U understand the difference btw Stiebling & Coleman?

Send Spider vs Coleman or Igor in Pride to see the difference..

Goes is a 6th degree black belt in BJJ, while Spider had realistically not the best groundgame in Chuteboxe, even though Bas kept claiming it... [the truth is...Assuerio Silva´s was a lil bit tighter, and Shogun had a Wa-Jutsu background]).

You understand the difference btw a 6th degree black belt and someone like Spider who was giving basic BJJ lessons in Curitiba to pay his bills? (Rumours had it that Cordeiro even slapped him once coz Spider was "stealing" BJJ students from one of his friends in Curitiba...)

More popular? He was a borderline Yakuza! lmao...

They could have milked the decision he lost to Kerr (who was...a Hammer House dude like Coleman...)...

So, if we listen to you, a Yakuza would have paid Crocop to... win? lmao

Hey dude, when you fix a fight, you dont stop in the middle of the road...

If someone paid Coleman to dive vs Takada, he would have also paid Crocop to take a dive vs SAKU.

And for real, a win over Crocop from someone who already had legit wins over LHWs like Vitor Gracie, Allan Goes, Ebenezer Braga, Randleman, Guy, Conan... was sellable to the audience, much more than a Takada win over Coleman, and if you consider the grappling disparity (SAKU did take him down).

Oh,btw, Crocop only broke SAKU`s orbital.

See how ridiculous u sound?

On a sidenote, if you really had any legit knowledge about the context, you would have bitched about the Randleman fight or the Vitor one, SAKU was not supposed to win on paper, imo.

When u start talking about this kind of topic, u cant merely spit some vague rumors.

If indeed "someone" approached Randleman, u´ll have a hard time proving that it was indeed the "Promotors" or someone speaking on their behalf. A yakuza clan was behind, sure, but rival clans independent from Pride, could also operate.

Pretty sure that for Page or Randle, every Jap looked the same...

Moreover, Page would have talked by now. He talks more than a woman in bed...

Takada & Rickson were the reason why Pride was created.

Takada was a bigger star than SAKU and had no reason to help him become bigger than him.

Everybody (except clueless dudes like ya) knows Pride suicided SAKU, even Aerobic Trainer admitted it.

This is a Hendo interview from back then:

Q: The new rules permit you to sprawl to avoid the tackle and then put the knee in. This is advantageous for you isn't it?

Dan: I think the new rules are advantageous for us wrestlers. Sprawling is our specialty. From this position, landing knees is easy. So I used them. Coleman too, and got a KO [over Alan Goes]. Silva too. When I heard about the rule change, I was very much surprised.

Q: Surprised?

Dan: Before the Sakuraba vs. Silva fight, I never thought the rules would be changed like this. Because the change provided a clear advantage to Silva. Well, since the rules are changed, we will fight according to them.

See? They were so keen on "helpin´" SAKU that they fooked him, not only once, but several times:

They also forced him to fight according to Vale Tudo Rules vs Hoyce [90mn] while the others in the tournament were fightin´ according to Modern MMA rules...

See how ridiculous u are?

"schmuck" "kid"... lmao.. Love when clueless bums go full sensitive.

Goes is not from the old era if he peaked in Pride..use your head...

The old [Modern] era is the one who fought @ the BJJ vs Luta Livre Challenges in the 1980s, and Goes was not part of it, he was still a teen when Carlson took him as a student.

"Nobody's ever done that to Silva,"

Amusing... Spider was a fake WW in Shooto & Pride... U understand what it means?

The biggest legit wrestler he fought back then was Stiebling.

U understand the difference btw Stiebling & Coleman?

Send Spider vs Coleman or Igor in Pride to see the difference..

Goes is a 6th degree black belt in BJJ, while Spider had realistically not the best groundgame in Chuteboxe, even though Bas kept claiming it... [the truth is...Assuerio Silva´s was a lil bit tighter, and Shogun had a Wa-Jutsu background]).

You understand the difference btw a 6th degree black belt and someone like Spider who was giving basic BJJ lessons in Curitiba to pay his bills? (Rumours had it that Cordeiro even slapped him once coz Spider was "stealing" BJJ students from one of his friends in Curitiba...)

You'll be the only clown on Sherdog who claims MMA was already peaked in the early 00s. You're a clueless Pride fanboy with no sense of reality.

Let me tell you something about Allan Goes' roots that proves my point. Goes is a couple of years older than Silva. His first MMA fight was in the mid 90s, Anderson was already having full contact Muay Thai fight around the same time and soon turned pro in MMA too. Anderson fought in the 90s, the entire 00s, the early 2010s all the way up to now. He's had ups and downs but him and his BJJ evolved all the way from the 90s up to today. Allan Goes never evolved, he got KO'd in every defeat and was unable to cope with his so called 6th degree BJJ so he retired at an age when Anderson was still extending his title defense streak record.

You have a very small brain it seems, bud. Like your IQ is kind of low, you don't know how to properly quote posts and you pick a few lines to respond to and your posts are very messy in general. Like you're going on about Stiebling when that very same post mentioned Daniel Cormier, a LHW beast of a wrestler he faced.

My own IQ has dropped by entertaining your nonsense about Allan Goes. Nobody cares about Goes and he's irrelevant in this discussion. Sit down jr.

So I guess Chuck had no ground game because he almost never went there?

Chuck was a college wrestler but chose to use his phenomenal TDD to keep fights on the feet, where he had a significant advantage over most opponents. Anderson chose to keep fights on the feet because he was fucking supernatural there during his prime.

More popular? He was a borderline Yakuza! lmao...

They could have milked the decision he lost to Kerr (who was...a Hammer House dude like Coleman...)...

So, if we listen to you, a Yakuza would have paid Crocop to... win? lmao

Hey dude, when you fix a fight, you dont stop in the middle of the road...

If someone paid Coleman to dive vs Takada, he would have also paid Crocop to take a dive vs SAKU.

And for real, a win over Crocop from someone who already had legit wins over LHWs like Vitor Gracie, Allan Goes, Ebenezer Braga, Randleman, Guy, Conan... was sellable to the audience, much more than a Takada win over Coleman, and if you consider the grappling disparity (SAKU did take him down).

Oh,btw, Crocop only broke SAKU`s orbital.

See how ridiculous u sound?

On a sidenote, if you really had any legit knowledge about the context, you would have bitched about the Randleman fight or the Vitor one, SAKU was not supposed to win on paper, imo.

When u start talking about this kind of topic, u cant merely spit some vague rumors.

If indeed "someone" approached Randleman, u´ll have a hard time proving that it was indeed the "Promotors" or someone speaking on their behalf. A yakuza clan was behind, sure, but rival clans independent from Pride, could also operate.

Pretty sure that for Page or Randle, every Jap looked the same...

Moreover, Page would have talked by now. He talks more than a woman in bed...

Takada & Rickson were the reason why Pride was created.

Takada was a bigger star than SAKU and had no reason to help him become bigger than him.

Everybody (except clueless dudes like ya) knows Pride suicided SAKU, even Aerobic Trainer admitted it.

This is a Hendo interview from back then:

Q: The new rules permit you to sprawl to avoid the tackle and then put the knee in. This is advantageous for you isn't it?

Dan: I think the new rules are advantageous for us wrestlers. Sprawling is our specialty. From this position, landing knees is easy. So I used them. Coleman too, and got a KO [over Alan Goes]. Silva too. When I heard about the rule change, I was very much surprised.

Q: Surprised?

Dan: Before the Sakuraba vs. Silva fight, I never thought the rules would be changed like this. Because the change provided a clear advantage to Silva. Well, since the rules are changed, we will fight according to them.

See? They were so keen on "helpin´" SAKU that they fooked him, not only once, but several times:

They also forced him to fight according to Vale Tudo Rules vs Hoyce [90mn] while the others in the tournament were fightin´ according to Modern MMA rules...

See how ridiculous u are?

This is what I mean. Nobody is going to read this mess kid. Lay off the use of space button. Yes I know you got triggered again because I exposed the fact that Pride was heavily scripted and your idols were phony pro wrestlers. Go get somebody else to debate this with me, somebody who can actually talk.

Back