Opinion How Trump is paying for the wall. The greatest gift to Dems ever

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I absolutely love how Trump is paying for the wall.

The Democrats are going to use that in amazing ways.

Let me paint you a picture.

Dems want a national infastructure bill. Reps are fighting it claiming to be fiscal conservatives again.:rolleyes:

Dems fund a trillion dollar infastructure bill, over 4 years with defense spending.

Military says they are broke because we spent their money on infastructure spending, and can't maintain operations.

Your choice now, pass a new funding bill, or shut down the military, giving the Dems even more money to go spend again.

Nice 4-D chess there Mr. Trump. When keeping it immediate returns like a corporatist goes wrong.

Discuss.....

Oh yeah, here is a article on the wall funding so I don't get dumped.

Republicans support Trump's wall even after he grabs military funds from their states

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...ublicans-border-wall-military-funding-1488818

I don't know about all the political speculation there, but I really do like taking the border wall funding (now that it's no longer "The Wall" and just a good solid barrier that will do a reasonably good job) from the military budget. Hopefully the global military mission is drawn in a bit too, or perhaps European countries that are behind on their obligations can fork over the surplus money we need.

I thought this was going to be about the recent story on him looting military childcare funds for the wall.

Parents complained when the playground was inaccessible for months and kids had no space to frolic and that the bathrooms look sketchy with huge holes in the tiles. The center’s Facebook feed chronicles power outages, air conditioning troubles, phones and computers being dead and damage done by a car that hit the building.

So finally, Congress approved $13 million in the 2019 budget to give this important base the kind of child-care facility it deserves.

In a frantic cash grab, the folks in power released a list of Defense Department projects they are raiding to fund the border wall that the majority of Americans said they don’t want. All in time for the 2020 election.

The projects they are defunding include a toxic waste warehouse and a fire and crash rescue station — some crucial-sounding operations. So are the projects for military kids — the Andrews day care as well as a middle school in Fort Campbell, Ky., and an elementary school in Fort Bragg, N.C.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e9-8c1c-7c8ee785b855_story.html?noredirect=on

I thought this was going to be about the recent story on him looting military childcare funds for the wall.

Parents complained when the playground was inaccessible for months and kids had no space to frolic and that the bathrooms look sketchy with huge holes in the tiles. The center’s Facebook feed chronicles power outages, air conditioning troubles, phones and computers being dead and damage done by a car that hit the building.

So finally, Congress approved $13 million in the 2019 budget to give this important base the kind of child-care facility it deserves.

In a frantic cash grab, the folks in power released a list of Defense Department projects they are raiding to fund the border wall that the majority of Americans said they don’t want. All in time for the 2020 election.

The projects they are defunding include a toxic waste warehouse and a fire and crash rescue station — some crucial-sounding operations. So are the projects for military kids — the Andrews day care as well as a middle school in Fort Campbell, Ky., and an elementary school in Fort Bragg, N.C.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e9-8c1c-7c8ee785b855_story.html?noredirect=on
That’s some Mr. Burns type shit.

at least there is an end once the wall is completed but military spending on other hand....

That Mexican check is in the mail...

Holy shit of course that’s where the funding is being taken from: anything that could be helpful for families/children, the environment, or public safety.

Back