How to Use HP Sauce

Just bacon, on a generously buttered Webers or Shepherd white bread. The sizzling rasher melts the butter. A healthy smear of HP on top of the bacon or on the side of the plate to dip into. Both works, I prefer to dip.

On the side as a dipping sauce. Fried white button mushrooms are a must on the breakfast plate, cut in half. HP helps cut through the grease.

No idea about the beans, I can't eat baked beans on the same plate as a runny yolk from a fried or poached egg so never have them on my fry-ups. Makes me gag.

Ok awesome. thanks for the tips. I had to look up the word "Rashers" but now I have a start. Looking forward to enjoying my Brown Sauce.

BTW, I did try it on a burger with mushrooms the other day and it was very tasty.

My father puts it on Lasagna as well which is not bad I guess. He's british though, so he puts it on everything.

In the U.S. we have the B.L.T. Sandwich = Bacon Lettuce Tomato. Is that what is being referred to when people say "Bacon Sandwich" or do you just mean bread, Bacon, HP Sauce. Is there a Type of bread? Or basic white bread?

I don't have HP with BLT. HP with Bacon on its own, or with sausage or bacon sausage and egg! Bacon and tinned plum tomatoes is seriously delicious if you haven't yet sampled that delight!!! Standard white bread for your bacon butty is great but I prefer bread rolls:-

196050912_a20e19947b.jpg

When you apply to baked beans, is there an amount to put in? Spoonful? or just whatever seems to taste best?

I personally put a couple of tablespoons worth on a plate with my breakfast, it just adds that extra something and I'm not a massive lover of baked beans!

Enjoy your HP adventures broski!

d5a8887d847ff7d93c7b7575a0bc0c8c.jpg

Last edited:
Back