How to throw a punch with Jeremy Stephens (Bio-mechanically)

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by DatSamboKid, May 30, 2014.

1. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Black Belt

Two very interesting video's by FonctionalPatterns. Here Naudi Aguilar, explains how to bio-mechanically throw a punch to it's maximum potential. In the second video, he approaches more the strength and conditioning behind throwing a powerful punch.

Enjoy !

Part 1:

[YT]dfEzva-8LnY[/YT]

Part 2:

[YT]HkKJyvsdRyE[/YT]

2. belph

belph Pissing into the wind.

Lol, Naudi.

3. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever

Fuck you for making me watch a Naudi video. He lost me when he said he was going to teach a new way of punching that is better than the way that has been proven to work for centuries. And umm... twisting your torso is stronger than using your hips? Fuck off Naudi. He's basically teaching arm punches.

Really he is just making up some new punching mechanics to justify his wacky exercises. Fighers have been throwing strikes by using their hips AND still managing to stay in balance for centuries. Fuck, I can do that and I'm a terrible Muay Thai fighter. This guy is so full of shit.

4. Ethan

Ethan Green Belt

Fuckin Naudi.

5. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Black Belt

Didn't know Naudi hatred existed here.

6. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Black Belt

Fuck you for acting like a 16 year old, unhealthy and angry kid. Just listen to what the guy has to say, if you don't agree, stfu and go on to the next thread.

7. belph

belph Pissing into the wind.

He's a hack.

8. JauntyAngle

JauntyAngle International man of mystery

No hate, but Naudi is a charlatan. His S&C approach is about as well founded as homeopathy or reiki.

9. JauntyAngle

JauntyAngle International man of mystery

Are you saying that if someone doesn't agree with content posted, they shouldn't express their view point? The should leave it unchallenged and move on? What happened to exchange of views argument, analysis? Culture of debate? Or do you prefer something like the Japanese schooling system? Don't ask questions, don't argue, don't disrespect the teacher, just memorise it.

10. ASUThermo

ASUThermo Wide Right: ╚╦╝ ○

Needs way more kinesio tape on his legs to be taken seriously...I'll miss the KO power that he had before this session.

11. calvus

calvus Getting Crunk

There are a couple of people on this forum who consistently make money just by betting against any fighter trained by naudi. This guy has decided (on his own, in a vacuum) that he is a unique expert on strength, power & fighting - even though he isn't strong or powerful, has never competed in any strength competition & also isn't a fighter & has never trained that either...

From his bio on his own website:
    "His unorthodox approach to training has led him on a journey towards understanding the implications of what is wrong with people and society as a whole."

[​IMG]

12. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever

Way to miss the point of a discussion board. Naudi's stuff has been posted here before and his training methods are garbage. He is a snake oil salesman and frankly it would be irresponsible to NOT say something.

High level trainers all over the world teach people to throw strikes with their hips but we're supposed to believe that Naudi magically figured out a better way to punch? Come on now, give your head a shake. That's just ridiculous.

13. calvus

calvus Getting Crunk

On the plus side, however, he does seem to have a pretty good handle on marketing & self-promotion.

14. fightingrabbit

fightingrabbit Banned Banned

lol i say let him train some boxers and see if their punching power suddenly goes through the roof.

15. FlexLuthor

FlexLuthor Blue Belt

Lol at Naudi knowing shit about punching.

16. bdawk

bdawk Yellow Belt

Um, this thread is going well.

17. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

18. Was Exiled

Was Exiled Brown Belt

If you guys want to know how to actually throw a good right hand, Sinister explains a good technique in the standup forum. I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. I'll come back and edit this post if I do. To my knowledge, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, you do the typical hip rotation WHILE keeping your weight on the back foot instead of transferring it to the front foot like most people do.

19. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Black Belt

Listen man, all I'm doing here is sharing information. It wasn't in my acknowledgement that Naudi has been criticized here in the past. I watched this video, thought it was interesting and I get Fuck you's in return ? You disagree ? I have no problem, but explain in a mature manner why, it'll make everyone more intelligent at the end of the day.

20. ripskater

ripskater Guest

DrBdan probably thought you were trolling. That's what I thought at first. I think some of Naudi's exercises are probably good. I have never tried them. It's his explanations that I don't understand. I think it is possible for a trainer to give BS explanations but get good results with certain athletes they train. Jeremy Stephens seems to be doing very well with Naudi as his s and c coach.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014